News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Any queries with the S.O League, post here.

Started by Danimal, July 03, 2009, 02:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Quote from: ARTgames on July 06, 2009, 07:53:21 PM
Quote from: ScottyWouldn't a "non scripted" version of this be redundant? There is no reason for that, that I could think of.

Quote from: Lingus on July 06, 2009, 07:31:25 PM
Why doesn't IE7 work? I get that IE8 is out and so eventually most people will be using it, but currently I believe IE7 is one of the most common browsers. Why not make it work for that?

If you're wondering, no I can't just switch browsers. At work I am unable to install new programs so I can't install Firefox, and we haven't upgraded to IE8 yet.

So... make it work.

So you're saying the solution to not having to worry about cross-browser compliance is to ditch browsers and just go with an executable?  THAT is unnecessary.  As long as the time is taken, it isn't that hard to get an app to work on most modern browsers, so long as the developer has an understanding of the differences.  Ditching browsers entirely because they don't play nice is way out there in left field of all the ideas.

ARTgames

Quote from: Scotty on July 07, 2009, 02:34:11 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on July 06, 2009, 07:53:21 PM
Quote from: ScottyWouldn't a "non scripted" version of this be redundant? There is no reason for that, that I could think of.

Quote from: Lingus on July 06, 2009, 07:31:25 PM
Why doesn't IE7 work? I get that IE8 is out and so eventually most people will be using it, but currently I believe IE7 is one of the most common browsers. Why not make it work for that?

If you're wondering, no I can't just switch browsers. At work I am unable to install new programs so I can't install Firefox, and we haven't upgraded to IE8 yet.

So... make it work.

So you're saying the solution to not having to worry about cross-browser compliance is to ditch browsers and just go with an executable?  THAT is unnecessary.  As long as the time is taken, it isn't that hard to get an app to work on most modern browsers, so long as the developer has an understanding of the differences.  Ditching browsers entirely because they don't play nice is way out there in left field of all the ideas.

Lol i never said to ditch browsers.

Scotty

You are right, you didn't.

What you did imply was that it would be nice to put forth the extra effort to be lazy.  Reminds me of a few people at work who actually make their job harder just so they can do less work.  THAT is unnecessary.

ARTgames

Quote from: Scotty on July 07, 2009, 03:07:08 PM
You are right, you didn't.

What you did imply was that it would be nice to put forth the extra effort to be lazy.  Reminds me of a few people at work who actually make their job harder just so they can do less work.  THAT is unnecessary.

Im sorry but im not sure ware your getting all of this?

Scotty

not surprising, I'll be glad to explain it for you:

You quoted my block saying an executable is unnecessary, then you quoted Lingus's statement about it not working on IE7, hinting to everyone that the reason you would want an executable is because it doesn't work on IE7 (or "all" common browsers).  So your solution, vice taking what is already constructed and correcting cross-browser compliance issues is to just tack on an extra executable so that we don't have to worry about whether or not it will work on all browsers.  Does anyone else see the lack of necessity in this request?

ARTgames

No need to be mean. I think we just have a misunderstanding.

I never said i wanted executable. And if i did than i messed up my writing which you probably know by now im bad at. I just want something like a "Lo-Fi Version" of the site. I dont know, i thoght that would be easy. But seeing how this website works on everything but ie7 i think that's ok. i just kinda feel bad for Lingus.

Lingus

Actually I realized I already installed Firefox at work. Not sure why I did that, but it apparently means I can. I just never use it. I'm sure we'll upgrade to IE8 soon anyways, but meanwhile I can use FF if I really wanted to. It's just that I don't play SO enough or for long enough periods of time to warrant actually using this website... So I guess I was just complaining to complain.