News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Maple Story

Started by Delicious, January 17, 2010, 04:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delicious

Never tried it due to the 'Anime' styled sprites and popularity; Just always looked so unpleasing to me. However, I had always wanted to see what the hype is all about so I'm downloading it right now (80% done) and was wondering what you had thought of this game. Anyways, this will be the 'General Maple Story Thread' so any media, talk or comments about this game can be posted here.
<3

Prosper

Ah... Maplestory... what could I say !

I've played this game 2007-2008. I have several charaters my best is a level 108 Crusader (female) in the world of Bellocan.

Honestly I've stopped playing because my wife forced me to. It was too time consuming for her.

When I discovered MS it was the game I had dreamed of for a while.

I think it's quite a nice game but .. i dont know how it has become over the last 2 years. Back when I was playing 4th job had come out like 1m before I quit so we were living in a world where no one had yet achieved LVL 200 (cap) in GMS (Maple global).

You will find a nice fan-made database at www.hidden-street.net and www.basilmarket.com

Be ready to stop living if you get hardcore into this game because not only can it be a grind-fest but it also have several redoable partyquests which can take quite some of your time.

If you invest money into the game you will look cooler and progress faster.

All-in-all I think it was a great game back then .. and I dont know what it is now.

Have fun !

ARTgames

I'm not sure how it is a now but in the past it was not bad. It gets boring after a couple of years thoe.

yottabyte

I've played it. Much too.

I joined this game in summer 2007 (global version, today known as north america) and had 2 characters in the 25-30 levels. Didn't really focus on leveling back than. When the European version was released I joined in the beta and played it in periods (couple months). I have had some nx cash over the years too.
My main character in Kradia, EU, is a level 54 I/L Wizard with perfect stats  :P. I haven't gotten on MapleStory for like 4 months, and then I was just checking in for the new classes. I haven't played this much since about a year ago.

However, I have a bunch of good memories from this game but I gotta agree with ART.

Don't know if I should mention it here, but I've played private servers quite a lot when OdinMS came and a couple months after that... shame on me.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

EpicPhailure

I got to level 24, I got bored, I went to private servers.

Cactuscat222

I love(d) MapleStory, however, the ridiculous amount of grinding it took to achieve even one level made me stop playing it. It takes forever just to get to a decent level, and between that time you are using the same abilities over and over and over again.

I love its social aspects, hate having to pay for NX stuff though (I never did anyways).

And yeah... I played quite a few private servers, even ran one at one point. Alot of fun since you can get to the good levels, and get cool gear. Though I don't condone their use anymore, especially after OdinMS got sued :/

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

11clock

I played Maple Story for 2 weeks, got bored and quit. Like a year later I played for a couple more months and quit again.

Maple Story is fun at first, but it soon gets repetitive and boring.

Delicious

Installer after installer is making the progress of me ever playing this today really slow. I walked out of my house for four hours and came back with another thing that must be installed. Argh.  >:(

Anyways, thank you for the comments. Sounds like it could be worth it. :)
<3

Pat

I found it to be very boring and slow. The monsters that give good EXP would always kill me making me lose my EXP and the ones I could kill easily gave me nothing. The quests are lame as !@#$ and the game is just a giant grind fest.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

yottabyte

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on January 17, 2010, 07:18:46 PM
I love(d) MapleStory, however, the ridiculous amount of grinding it took to achieve even one level made me stop playing it. It takes forever just to get to a decent level, and between that time you are using the same abilities over and over and over again.

I love its social aspects, hate having to pay for NX stuff though (I never did anyways).

And yeah... I played quite a few private servers, even ran one at one point. Alot of fun since you can get to the good levels, and get cool gear. Though I don't condone their use anymore, especially after OdinMS got sued :/
I agree to 100% about the grinding and hard leveling, it's sick.

And the good spots are always taken except like 6 in the morning. I was always excited about the 2x events but if you wanted to grind a lot during that time, you'd have to find a spot like 2 hours before it started. If you go to the bathroom or eat dinner, it's over. Someone else will take your spot and KS like sh$@.

Haha, that's so true, I ran a private server once too, but there weren't many players, as most it was like 20 players online. Those servers gets boring after trying everything tho. They kinda destroyed what I liked most about MS, before private servers I dreamed about being 3rd job and be rich and so on...

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

foG

Cherry and me always played, we took several breaks tho, we are kinda gettin into it again...like during vacation and stuff

Got a 108 hermit and a 104 DK, and started a KoC (knights of cygnus) which is currently lvl 60.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

EpicPhailure

Quote from: yottabyte on January 18, 2010, 09:33:26 AM
Quote from: Cactuscat222 on January 17, 2010, 07:18:46 PM

Haha, that's so true, I ran a private server once too, but there weren't many players, as most it was like 20 players online. Those servers gets boring after trying everything tho. They kinda destroyed what I liked most about MS, before private servers I dreamed about being 3rd job and be rich and so on...

Play a low rate server. About 250x, or even 1000x if you really detest the grinding. The thing about 1000x servers is that it's not centered on levels, its centered on rebirths.

Delicious

Ended up deleting it, seemed to not work properly on my PC when loading up, even though it goes way of recommendations... I'll download it again soon and try.
<3

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Delicious on January 18, 2010, 10:24:45 AM
Ended up deleting it, seemed to not work properly on my PC when loading up, even though it goes way of recommendations... I'll download it again soon and try.
I admit, I play. DC go ahead and get your laughs  :P.
The gameplay is allright. There isn't much of a storyline, except for the Aran legend class. The community is a little... off.
If you end up playing Global Maple Story, lemme know. I'll help you out. It's one of those games, that really sucks if you don't really know anyone. Seeing as its such a large game, and your almost plopped right into the middle of it.

Bloodseeker

The only online side-scrolling games I have played are Wind Slayer (from Outspark , it's kinda new and it is very good) and Latale (still pretty good 2d side scroller) , I am a big fan of side scrolling rpgs but they don't make them that good anymore , haven't played MS because of the grinding.
Thanks to Danimal for choosing my account for reactivation.