News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

What do you want to be/do when you grow up?

Started by God-I-Suck, April 08, 2010, 07:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God-I-Suck

This question is mainly focused on the younger generation, but if you are a grown man or woman, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it different than what you are doing now?

I for one want to be many things when I grow up. Born and raised with video games, being in the MLG would be one of the most fun and rewarding activity for me. I'm currently trying to setup a team for Call of Duty 4 on Gamebattles, so I could be in the major leagues if I try my best. Another thing I would love, it is to be in the NBA. Basketball is fun, builds character and is great exercise. I got into basketball a long time ago when I played outside with my neighbors. Playing basketball at lunch everyday and trying out for the basketball team next week is a great way to get involved, plus, I am actually pretty good. Not to mention the high pay you get just for playing. Boxing is yet another thing I would like to do. Watching boxing on TV or movies always brought to my attention. I wanna do boxing because it's fun, great exercise, and it takes hard work and determination. Dodging has always came quite easy to me, and studying/watching boxing has given me a higher fighting understanding than others.

Now to be realistic about my future occupation, I can't really decide. I'm just going to have to wait and see, my mind might get some ideas.

Titan

I am hoping to be a game designer, or a aerospace/mechanical enigeer.

I also think it would be interesting to pursure a job in designing weapons or something like paintball guns. Hence the mechanical enigeering part of it. I also think it would be crazy to be a pro paintballer, or be in the NFL but those are both pretty much long shots, so I'll stick with the attainable goals.:P  I think it would also be cool to be a firefighter, or at least volunteer part time or something.  :P
Livin' in a lonely world.

Lingus

I'm not too sure what I planned to be when I was younger, but around college I was thinking of being a math teacher, then I was looking at computer/IT related things. I'm now essentially an accountant... sort of. So no, I am not doing what I intended to do. As of now, what I would like to be doing is writing.

LeGuy

I am going to volunteer as a test subject in a psycological experiment - specifically, one testing the effects of receiving inordinate amounts of money without working upon the human mind.
Whee!

Delicious

Perhaps a professional game illustrator/designer. I'm working freelance now, and I recently was hired by HyperChild to work on a game for the Iphone/Itouch/Ipad. Pay is great. I'm also on a team called Fuseline and we've been developing an awesome game with many great co-workers. Pay is more than what I orginally expected, each offer is around $1,000 - $2,500 if you are amatuer, however professionals with education can expect to get $20,000 easily per project. I guess I'm well on my way, hopefully I can keep this up.
<3

Kbob32

Call me silly if you wish, but I want to write and create Anime.  =3
I have several already in mind and have almost completely written one full one.  I just need to learn to draw better XD
VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!

ARTgames

Quote from: Delicious on April 08, 2010, 07:34:06 PM
... however professionals with education can expect to get $20,000 easily per project.....
Hey Delicious, we are friends right?  ;)

Cactuscat222

Currently pursuing an education in computer science/game design/artwork. Let's see where life takes me.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

igufed

I have no idea what I thought I wanted to be when I was younger..  Now I'm basically the IT guy for a number of small businesses in my city.   :-\
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Scotty

I wanted to drink a lot of beer, boink girls, kill people, and piss off children!

IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE!

Syco

Quote from: Scotty on April 08, 2010, 10:02:23 PM
I wanted to drink a lot of beer, boink girls, kill people, and piss off children!

IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE!

Lmfao...Nice...

When I was younger I wanted to make games...Quickly realizing the much appreciation I had attained for sound when working with SFX for the games, which eventually lead to sound design...And now I produce music and am I musical engineer. And I guess since I'm a senior, I hope in the future for this to lead into more professional works...Just with more serious artists etc.

Jackabomb

I don't really know. I know I could never do sports or stuff like that. I'm too lazy and weak. I'd thought about becoming a surgeon, but after a couple of videos in high school health class, I doubt I would have the stomach to last long in that line of work. I once wanted to be an astronaut, but I read a book which mentioned that all the original astronauts were all advanced fighter pilots. It also mentioned that the missions were rotated amongst the astronauts and there weren't that many. Bad enough back in those days when there were still less than 50 astronauts, but now? I came to the conclusion that even if I did become an astronaut, my chances of actually going into space were extremely small...

So, I don't know.
Any suggestions?

Syco

Quote from: Jackabomb on April 09, 2010, 12:36:23 AM
I don't really know. I know I could never do sports or stuff like that. I'm too lazy and weak. I'd thought about becoming a surgeon, but after a couple of videos in high school health class, I doubt I would have the stomach to last long in that line of work. I once wanted to be an astronaut, but I read a book which mentioned that all the original astronauts were all advanced fighter pilots. It also mentioned that the missions were rotated amongst the astronauts and there weren't that many. Bad enough back in those days when there were still less than 50 astronauts, but now? I came to the conclusion that even if I did become an astronaut, my chances of actually going into space were extremely small...

So, I don't know.
Any suggestions?

Come mow my lawn?

Lucifer

I'd like to teach math, design board/card games, and assist in programming small community driven games like Stick Online.

Oh lewk, tripples.

Pat

Quote from: igufed on April 08, 2010, 09:13:04 PM
I have no idea what I thought I wanted to be when I was younger..  Now I'm basically the IT guy for a number of small businesses in my city.   :-\
I wanna be an IT guy or a software/game developer or both.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.