News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

What do you want to be/do when you grow up?

Started by God-I-Suck, April 08, 2010, 07:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTrinity

I'd love to do Graphic Design or photography... but there's so many people wanting to do those jobs, and not enough jobs for them :/
I've recently been thinking about going into cosmetology, probably a hair stylist...
But... I'm still very unsure.. >_<

venuse

scotty described a good reason why i dont become a professional graphics designer or what ever you call it, and that is simple i would probably get sick of it and would loose my entire interest in it. so that is why i do it as a hobby and not a profession :P one thought i had was to be a, i think it is called, herbalist. like the people over in Asian countries that prescribe natural herbal remedies and dried animal parts instead of pills and all that stuff. however ive never seen a school that teaches that stuff here in Oklahoma and i dont think many people would buy it not to mention i dont really know of anyplace that sells stuff like that except maybe Atkins stores.

Scotty

Quote from: DarkTrinity on April 11, 2010, 09:55:49 AM
I'd love to do Graphic Design or photography... but there's so many people wanting to do those jobs, and not enough jobs for them :/
I've recently been thinking about going into cosmetology, probably a hair stylist...

It depends on what type of graphic design you are looking for.  Do you want to do image editing, web design, screen printing?  Graphic Design covers a wide range of sub-categories.  Being from the web-related line of work, I know that there is somewhat of a demand for web design, especially down here where I am.  My company came to me two days ago asking if I could help them find web designers and would pay in the upwards of 100k/year if they met the criteria.  There is a demand, you just have to keep an open mind to relocation.

Specialboy

I'm interested in becoming either a day trader, an investment banker, or an economist.  I seem to have an aptitude for it, and I also enjoy it.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Scotty on April 11, 2010, 12:35:29 PM

It depends on what type of graphic design you are looking for.  Do you want to do image editing, web design, screen printing?  Graphic Design covers a wide range of sub-categories.  Being from the web-related line of work, I know that there is somewhat of a demand for web design, especially down here where I am.  My company came to me two days ago asking if I could help them find web designers and would pay in the upwards of 100k/year if they met the criteria.  There is a demand, you just have to keep an open mind to relocation.

Well, I've thought about doing web design, I'm taking a class on it right now... I just don't know if I could do it for a job... Granted I'd have to go more in depth than this class does, I'm sure, so I can't really say if I'd wanna do it until I learned more

NotoriousM4^

I want to be a pharmacist. The only legal way to peddle drugs :)

Scotty

Quote from: DarkTrinity on April 11, 2010, 01:51:22 PM

Well, I've thought about doing web design, I'm taking a class on it right now... I just don't know if I could do it for a job... Granted I'd have to go more in depth than this class does, I'm sure, so I can't really say if I'd wanna do it until I learned more

Assuming this class is covering just the basics, make an effort to learn Flash.  Everyone loves flash on websites now a days.

Snakeman

I plan to leech off my parents and never move out because !@#$ it.

But if they FORCED me outta the house, I guess I'd become a teacher. I've always wanted to have an authoritative power over those pathetic fools who think dropping out of school can still promise them a future.

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Snakeman on April 11, 2010, 03:42:18 PM

But if they FORCED me outta the house, I guess I'd become a teacher. I've always wanted to have an authoritative power over those pathetic fools who think dropping out of school can still promise them a future.
That seems rather hypocritical.

Snakeman

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on April 11, 2010, 05:03:44 PM

That seems rather hypocritical.

I'm getting a 3.90 GPA and am pretty much succeeding over a good 90% of my whole entire school. And by "pathetic fools" I'm talking about those who expect to still have everything handed to them despite the fact they skip class, bitch and whine about how "the system sux", and all this other bullshit. There's even this one guy who was running about school with a goddamn house arrest ankle bracelet on and there were like 7 girls all wanting to suck his dick.

I, however, aren't like that. Hypocritical, yes. Only somewhat. I at least don't get in trouble with the law for the sole reason to "look badass". !@#$ing pathetic. Really hope he goes to prison and ends up being somebody's bitch. He's such a scrawny little punk; he'll never be able to defend himself in there. Hahaha.

Regardless, I want to try to prevent future generations from sinking as low as mine has.

HamsterPants

You do realize that everything you do has an impact on the people around you?
Most people find that question to be offensive, probably because they don't want to feel guilty about anything...

Snakeman

Quote from: HamsterPants on April 11, 2010, 05:25:11 PM
Most people find that question to be offensive, probably because they don't want to feel guilty about anything...

Of course I know that it does. I'm a depressive person. If you know me you feel sorry for me, etc. I don't really mind though. Negativity has been my life so I've grown to accept it and act positively upon it.

If anything, I'm the guy who exists just to show you why you should try hard in your studies and occupation, so you don't end up like me, haha.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Scotty on April 11, 2010, 02:06:51 PM
Quote from: DarkTrinity on April 11, 2010, 01:51:22 PM

Assuming this class is covering just the basics, make an effort to learn Flash.  Everyone loves flash on websites now a days.

You assume right, not that I expect them to go in depth at a community college >_>
We're learning html :x

HamsterPants

Quote from: Snakeman on April 11, 2010, 05:50:49 PM

Of course I know that it does. I'm a depressive person. If you know me you feel sorry for me, etc. I don't really mind though. Negativity has been my life so I've grown to accept it and act positively upon it.

If anything, I'm the guy who exists just to show you why you should try hard in your studies and occupation, so you don't end up like me, haha.
Well, I can see that, but you should be more hopeful for change.
Because you will change as you live your life, that is absolutely inevitable, for better or for worse, that only depends on what you choose to do, and I'm not gonna sit here and get all preachy, but you're not just some stagnant rock. y'know?

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: HamsterPants on April 11, 2010, 08:57:26 PM
Quote from: Snakeman on April 11, 2010, 05:50:49 PM

Well, I can see that, but you should be more hopeful for change.
Because you will change as you live your life, that is absolutely inevitable, for better or for worse, that only depends on what you choose to do, and I'm not gonna sit here and get all preachy, but you're not just some stagnant rock. y'know?
For once, HamsterPants has said something I can personally agree with