News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online comics

Started by VolcomPunk, April 10, 2010, 12:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VolcomPunk

Yeah, I don't know if anyone remembers way back when I started doing a couple comic strips that were Stick Online themed. Well if you do, here's a continuation. If not, enjoy!

NotoriousM4^

Lol, its good. You just need to work on the presentation, make it look more "comic-book-like". i.e. better separated panels, speech bubbles, varying text.

VolcomPunk

This was just like a last minute thing Dipz wanted to do. I didn't really take the time to make it all fancy.

Delicious

I'll be honest, I laughed. I like how cheesy it is.  :D
<3

Forum

The kid is third strip is Macaulay Culkin btw :D.
Officially quitted

LeGuy

Yeah, that kid from Home Alone. That remains one of my favorite movies.
Whee!

HamsterPants

Quote from: LeGuy on April 10, 2010, 08:22:54 PM
Eww...

You actually enjoyed that movie?

Okay... >.>

God-I-Suck

Quote from: HamsterPants on April 10, 2010, 10:47:28 PM
Eww...

Okay... >.>

What's wrong with the movie..?

Anyways, pretty amusing comic.

Lucifer

Quote from: HamsterPants on April 10, 2010, 10:47:28 PM
Eww...

Okay... >.>
Theres a special place in hell for people who constantly make judgements about people according to their likes/dislikes. Don't be a twat.

I personally loved that movie as a kid.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Lucifer on April 10, 2010, 10:54:47 PM
Theres a special place in hell for people who constantly make judgements about people according to their likes/dislikes.
I'm not judging him, I'm judging the movie.

It's not realistic; there's no passion, suffering, love, symbolism, or change, none of those things are in that movie. So then what use does it serve?
None as far as I'm concerned.

On topic:
I could actually help make these comics.
I could edit it to be more neat, and I could run a grammar check.

Lucifer

Quote from: HamsterPants on April 10, 2010, 11:44:35 PM

It's not realistic; there's no passion, suffering, love, symbolism, or change, none of those things are in that movie. So then what use does it serve?

On topic:
If you think there's no suffering in that movie, you haven't watched it. Love? There's tons of love, that's a huge part of the series. In one of them, he hates his family like mad in the beginning, but towards the end after he's been alone for so long, he realizes he actually loves them. That would also be an example of change. Anyways, none of those actually matter, as the only "point" a movie has to serve to be a fun movie to watch is for it to be, well, fun. To entertain. It doesn't have to make you walk away going "Huh, I learned something from that." If all movies were like that, we'd have no cheesy action films starring Jackie Chan!

HamsterPants

Quote from: Lucifer on April 11, 2010, 12:12:45 AM
Quote from: HamsterPants on April 10, 2010, 11:44:35 PM

On topic:
If you think there's no suffering in that movie, you haven't watched it. Love? There's tons of love, that's a huge part of the series. In one of them, he hates his family like mad in the beginning, but towards the end after he's been alone for so long, he realizes he actually loves them. That would also be an example of change. Anyways, none of those actually matter, as the only "point" a movie has to serve to be a fun movie to watch is for it to be, well, fun. To entertain. It doesn't have to make you walk away going "Huh, I learned something from that." If all movies were like that, we'd have no cheesy action films starring Jackie Chan!
This video explains exactly how I define a good movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHVqxD8PNq8

Don't take it as an argument, because it's not, unless you disagree with what he's saying...

Lucifer

Quote from: HamsterPants on April 11, 2010, 03:59:30 AM
Don't take it as an argument, because it's not, unless you disagree with what he's saying...
As much as I rofled, by jesus christ I almost closed it instantly when I saw Nicolas Cage. If there's one man in the entire world that can cause a movie to Not have any of those qualities you're talking about, it's him.

Anyways, to be more on-topic, the comic was lulzy.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Lucifer on April 11, 2010, 04:07:09 AM
Quote from: HamsterPants on April 11, 2010, 03:59:30 AM
As much as I rofled, by jesus christ I almost closed it instantly when I saw Nicolas Cage. If there's one man in the entire world that can cause a movie to Not have any of those qualities you're talking about, it's him.

Anyways, to be more on-topic, the comic was lulzy.
It's a scene from the movie, Adaptation.
And it's one of the most important movies that has ever been made within the past decade.
Yes, that's right, I said "important".

I don't care about Nicolas Cage, and I'm not defending him, but if you insult this movie, then you are a dense idiot with no sense of maturity.

Now stop kidding yourself and just accept the fact that my views on entertainment are shared by most professional critics.

Lucifer

Eh? I'm not insulting the movie at all bud, I'm sure it's just fine, I was just commenting on the fact that Nicolas Cage was in your example, I was joking.