News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online comics

Started by VolcomPunk, April 10, 2010, 12:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeGuy

Personally, I don't give a rip about the metaphorical, emotional, or cosmic value of a movie's deep plot or significant meaning. I just find the idea of a small child beating the crap out of two antagonistic, house-robbing idiots using a variety of violent traps highly amusing.
Whee!

HamsterPants

Quote from: Lucifer on April 11, 2010, 08:36:53 PM
Eh? I'm not insulting the movie at all bud, I'm sure it's just fine, I was just commenting on the fact that Nicolas Cage was in your example, I was joking.
Oh, well that's okay then, but it sure was easy to misunderstand.

Quote from: LeGuy on April 11, 2010, 09:07:46 PM
Personally, I don't give a rip about the metaphorical, emotional, or cosmic value of a movie's deep plot or significant meaning. I just find the idea of a small child beating the crap out of two antagonistic, house-robbing idiots using a variety of violent traps highly amusing.
Well, you'll grow up eventually...

Lucifer

Quote from: HamsterPants on April 11, 2010, 09:54:31 PM
Here I was thinking you weren't judging people. You've spent this entire topic explaining to me how your taste in movies is mature and mature people agree with your maturity, yet you immaturely look down on other's opinions as if you're above them, and their point of view just doesn't matter because you're so god damn mature.

As I said in the beginning, and I'll say again, don't be a twat. Your opinion is fine, everyone else's opinion is fine, don't force your superiority complex upon others.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Lucifer on April 11, 2010, 10:13:15 PM
Quote from: HamsterPants on April 11, 2010, 09:54:31 PM
Here I was thinking you weren't judging people. You've spent this entire topic explaining to me how your taste in movies is mature and mature people agree with your maturity, yet you immaturely look down on other's opinions as if you're above them, and their point of view just doesn't matter because you're so god damn mature.

As I said in the beginning, and I'll say again, don't be a twat. Your opinion is fine, everyone else's opinion is fine, don't force your superiority complex upon others.
I don't have a superiority complex with which to force.
But his opinion is childish because it is the same as that which would naturally belong to a child.
I didn't say it was bad, and I didn't say that mine was better, but his opinion WILL change at some point.

I'm not talking down to him in any way...

Lucifer

Quote from: HamsterPants on April 11, 2010, 10:35:21 PM
I don't have a superiority complex with which to force.
But his opinion is childish because it is the same as that which would naturally belong to a child.
I didn't say it was bad, and I didn't say that mine was better, but his opinion WILL change at some point.

I'm not talking down to him in any way...

From what I gather, and correct me if I'm wrong, your opinion is that anything a child finds amusing, or anything a child thinks for that matter is to be looked down upon as a lower, less mature form of consciousness. If so that's fine, we can agree to disagree, and I won't be a hypocrite by trying to impress upon you how wrong I think you are. What you do have to understand is that you Are looking down to him, and to me, as I share the same opinion. By saying his opinion will change as he ages, you're insinuating that he/his mind is that of a childs, and you're also insinuating you have the right to make that kind of judgement. This is called a superiority complex, it's when someone is thinking too highly of himself, in your case in the sense of maturity. This is purely your opinion, and I'm merely telling you not to force them upon others.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Lucifer on April 11, 2010, 10:56:35 PM
From what I gather, and correct me if I'm wrong, your opinion is that anything a child finds amusing, or anything a child thinks for that matter is to be looked down upon as a lower, less mature form of consciousness.
No, I'm not saying that. I know it sure looks like I did though.

I'll ask you this however, does an opinion like that seem very useful for an adult?

Quote from: Lucifer on April 11, 2010, 10:56:35 PM
By saying his opinion will change as he ages, you're insinuating that he/his mind is that of a childs, and you're also insinuating you have the right to make that kind of judgement. This is called a superiority complex, it's when someone is thinking too highly of himself, in your case in the sense of maturity. This is purely your opinion, and I'm merely telling you not to force them upon others.
I was insinuating that his mind is that of a human being's, people change all the time, as do their opinions.
It's not a judgment so much as it is a prediction. If that makes any sense.

I know, I don't do a very good job of acting humble, but I don't mean to impose my opinion too strongly, I've done that in the past, and it was never beneficial to anyone.

Delicious

Alright, no more drifting off-topic please, this weekend has been fairly bad for arguements.
<3

Lucifer

Sorry Delicious, I didn't mean to hijack the topic, and on that note sorry Volcom, I'll continue this via PM.
Feel free to make more comics!

Lingus

Quote from: HamsterPants on April 11, 2010, 07:53:38 PMNow stop kidding yourself and just accept the fact that my views on entertainment are shared by most professional critics.
Actually, I believe the first and foremost thing critics look for is ENTERTAINMENT!!!! If the movie is entertaining and has none of the other things you are talking about, they will still rate the movie as good because it did what it was supposed to do. Now, if they're looking at a drama, then of course it has to have those things. But a kid movie? Come on, they aren't going to knock it down because it doesn't have epic passion and dramatic sequences.

To be completely honest, it depends on the movie (or whatever piece of media you're talking about) and what market it is going after. If it's a children's book, it is supposed to have certain elements such as pictures, a relatable fun main character, and some kind of moral probably, and if it has those elements and those elements are well done, then it is rated well. It doesn't need to have "passion, suffering, love, symbolism, or change".

Edit: Btw, why do you have to chime in at the most random comment (referrence to a movie in a topic that is about a stick online comic) and bash on something. Yea, I know you're only giving your opinion on the movie, but it was completely unsolicited, and it was directly in response to someone who said they enjoyed the movie. In my books, that's bashing on someone elses's opinion for no good reason.

Edit again: I started replying before Delicious posted. Sorry for continuing the off-topicness.