News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Favorite Bands/type of music

Started by Kbob32, April 27, 2010, 08:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbob32

I used the search function and didn't find anything along these lines so I figured I would make one.

My two favorite bands are easily Nirvana (duh) and Tool.

I like Nirvana mainly because me and Mr. Cobain think alike and have mostly the same views. Im sure some of you know how much I love the man =3

I like Tool because they have the best music of all time.  Listen to Tool with with headphones in, a dark and quiet place, and an open mind.  I got mind F***ed.  I just got their album 10,000 days and feel like Mr. Keenan inserted his genitalia into my brain.  I bought Lateralus sometime last year and immediately fell in love once again.

Feel free to post your opinions but please no flaming ;)
VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!

Scotty

Quote from: Kbob32 on April 27, 2010, 08:30:27 PM
I like Nirvana mainly because me and Mr. Cobain think alike and have mostly the same views. Im sure some of you know how much I love the man =3

I like Tool because they have the best music of all time.  Listen to Tool with with headphones in, a dark and quiet place, and an open mind.  I got mind F***ed.  I just got their album

Something about Nirvana just bugs the Hell outta me.  I'm not a fan.  I'll give 'em that they were revolutionary in bringing the end to hair metal and started the grunge era with "Smells like teen spirit", but they just don't hit the spot with me.  I'm not all that much of a grudge fan anyways, but if I had to pick a favorite grudge band, it would undoubtedly be Sound Garden.  If I'm not mistaken, they had way many more hits than Nirvana (albeit Kurt being unstable and suicidal, thus killing off the band).  But if I had to compliment Nirvana of one thing and one thing only, I'd say that the only man with any talent in that band was Dave Grohl.

Lingus

Quote from: Scotty on April 27, 2010, 08:37:12 PMBut if I had to compliment Nirvana of one thing and one thing only, I'd say that the only man with any talent in that band was Dave Grohl.
While I don't necessarily agree with your opinion of Nirvana, I do agree with the fact that Dave Grohl is awesome. Foo Fighters is one of my favorite bands. Also, if anyone isn't aware, he is in a new band Them Crooked Vultures (love that name btw) with Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age and John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin. So yea.

Lucifer

I enjoyed Nirvana growing up, but nowadays I've lost interest. Still enjoy listening to them on the radio every so often. I love listening to all of the bands listed so far, Foo Fighters, Sound Garden, Tool, but other times I'm more in a Disturbed or System of a Down mood. SOAD's vocals are amazing, but sometimes the extremely strange lyrics bother me. Occasionally I go through phases of listening to only classic rock, like ACDC, Guns&Roses, Black Sabbath, and Led Zeppelin. Recently I've been listening to a lot of Techno, I love the uplifting feeling you get from listening to some crazy techno at max volume while mowing people down in Call of Duty, hahaha.

I can't say I have any "favorites", I'll listen to anything really... unless it's horrible mainstream punk rock, rap, or country.

*edit* I'm listening to a few songs from Them Crooked Vultures, thanks for mentioning them Lingus.

God-I-Suck

I can't really say I have a favorite type of music. But I prefer rap. (Yes, rap...) And I'm not talking about most garbage now a days. Raps from back then had well written poetry and great messages. I love the beats too. Some of my favorite rappers are DMX, Tupac, Eminem and Nas.

Kbob32

I love SOAD as well.  I don't care too much for Foo Fighters but I will definatly check out Them Crooked Vultures.  I have only listened to one song by Soundgarden, Black Hole Sun, and thought it was pretty good. I will check out more of them.

While we are on the subject of 90's bands, I also like Alice in Chains.  Sad to see Layne die but im glad they are back.  New stuff is pretty good IMO.  I like Pear Jam's ten and thats about it for them =/

Not too into rap though, I like Eminem fairly good, although half of his songs sound the same.
VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!

stick d00d

I mostly listen to rock/metal. Some of my favorite bands are Shinedown, Disturbed, ACDC, Metallica, Bullet for my Valentine, SOAD, Eagles, some Bon Jovi, and many others but these are most of my top favorites. I also will listen to just about any type of music, no matter the genre, as long as it has good beat/lyrics.

EDIT: Oh and I used to listen to a lot of hip-hop/rap. Eminem, Jay z, and  Ludacris were a few of my favorite rappers.

Mr Pwnage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPluXq_hko
ALL I DO IS WIN WIN WIN NOMATTA WHAT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErCAOMi5EGM
PICK THE WORLD UP AND DROP IT ON YO !@#$IN HEAD.

Yeah you get the idea. I like pretty much any beat that I get a new max to in weight training for football. I used to like metal but have grown less fond of it now. Sounds like just a bunch of whiny old men screaming while gargling on jizz...just my opinion though. If it counts though, I like some songs by Korn. I honestly don't care a whole lot about music though...so just anything that sounds good on the radio will do for me.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

venuse

problem is i have a ton of favs. making me choose is hard but ill say journey, queen, ozzy as my top 3

EpicPhailure

Techno. Most of the ones I have on my WMP playlist are indie techno artists. I also like Muse.

Scotty

Quote from: Lingus on April 27, 2010, 08:58:50 PM
he is in a new band Them Crooked Vultures (love that name btw) with Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age and John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin.

I heard about this a couple of months ago when they first became known.  All I have to say is...

SOMEONE GIVE ME A "WHAT THE !@#$!!!"

John Paul Jones?!?  Are you !@#$ING SERIOUS!?!  Talk about the next power-band!!!  That's just about as jaw dropping as having Mike Portnoy go and play for Avenged Sevenfold!  Seriously!

As for what I listen to, it's been brought up in every previous music topic ever made, but if it isn't fast, and angry, and causes my gas mileage to drop from its typical 19/21 to about 16 avg, I don't listen to it.  I even find some of it arousing.  Case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS-YHJbmAXs&hd=1  I dunno why, and I'm not even joking when I say this, I would totally do Angela, and she quite frankly terrifies the ever-living and slightly smelly piss out of me when I think about spreading her legs.  It's frackin' weird, but I'd totally tap it!  She has one of the best and most athletic bodies I've seen.  Hell, just look at her lats, they're freakin' huge!  She could seriously gnaw on my femur and I'd let her.  Hell, I'd pay for it!

And KBob, here's some Soundgarden for ya:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWkbFKJZB0k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHy5tFI05js&feature=PlayList&p=1291261BCEEFA406&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mML2NhjyLyU&feature=PlayList&p=1291261BCEEFA406&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiSkyEyBczU&feature=PlayList&p=1291261BCEEFA406&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

I'm not such a fan of grunge as I said before, but Chris Cornell was at his finest with Soundgarden.

Lingus

Quote from: Kbob32 on April 27, 2010, 10:10:04 PMI like Pear Jam's ten and thats about it for them =/
Have you heard their new single? It's so weird hearing Pearl Jam playing a happy, upbeat song. All of their old stuff is so utterly dark and depressing (which was good). It's not a bad song, it's just kinda weird.

Quote from: EpicPhailure on April 27, 2010, 10:30:40 PM
I also like Muse.
Yea Muse is good. It's kinda crazy how similar the lead singers of Muse and Radiohead both sing. Sometimes when one of their songs come on (that we haven't heard yet) me and my brother try to guess which band it is.

Quote from: Scotty on April 28, 2010, 12:47:46 AM
Chris Cornell was at his finest with Soundgarden.
Definitely. Audioslave was alright, but definitely not as good.

Seifer

Muse's new album failed though. It leagues behind their others.

Lingus

Yea, I don't so much like it either. I think Knights of Cedonia is one of their best.

Meiun

Minus the slightly disturbing desire to bang someone who probly snacks on unborn fetus's for breakfast, I'm pretty much in the same general category of music taste as Scotty. As in, mostly Metal. I absolutely love fast and impressive guitar playing, as well as a nice blend of harsh/scream vocals and whatnot. My favorite bands typically do end up still being highly melodic though, and typically for me to really like them they usually have (at least to some extent) a mix of both the harsh vocals as well as clean ones. I'm also not quite as into the real low gutteral/growl vocals as scott is, as compared to your typical blood curdeling scream, but yeah :P. Some of my favorite bands include: Bullet For My Valentine, Sonic Syndicate, In Flames, Atreyu (mostly before their two latest albums Lead Sail Paper Anchor and Congregation of the Damned... Hugeee sell-outs), Threat Signal, Disarmonia Mundi, In This Moment, among others.