News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Code to Delete

Started by Riserva, November 29, 2009, 06:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Quote from: Delicious on November 29, 2009, 04:15:25 PM
Could always also have the "code to delete" none-manditory. You can choose to set it on/off, however once it's on you must know your code to turn it back off again... Therefor, if you feel that it's annoying, then set it off.  ;)
As many ways there is to get around any problems with it, theres really no need For it. If you want to share your account, then you're going to have to face the consequences if they happen. That's what you get for not putting your own time and effort into your character.

But hey if Meiun wants to take the time to put it in, which I doubt would be very difficult, by all means go for it. I'm sure it would stop at least a few of the "ZOMFG MY ITEMS GOT DELETED" emails.

EpicPhailure

In Runescape's bank PIN system, the PIN number is optional (PIN number is used to access bank). Would have the best of both worlds, whether you need it or not.

ARTgames

QuoteUnless you mean locking the game, in that case I think being able to log off and have the game go back to the menu would be better.

Your figting a DS or a SG or you you have been working on this big group of sf's or skellys and you need to do something quick. When you log out you lose that. And lets say there some one in the room that might come over and mess with the game.

My suggetion is simple. You press ctr+l and a box pops up and says "type in your pasword to resume". You type in your password and you can keep playing right from ware you left off.

@EpicPhailure
pin's are meant to keep away of keyloggers. I don't think stick online that big yet.

Delicious

pin's are meant to keep away of keyloggers. I don't think stick online that big yet.
Stick-online's community is currently recieving virus's via email. I'm more then sure that there are a few who are willing to grab ahold of our passwords through keyloggers, even if the fanbase isn't too large.
<3

ARTgames

Quote from: Delicious on November 29, 2009, 05:25:50 PM
Stick-online's community is currently recieving virus's via email. I'm more then sure that there are a few who are willing to grab ahold of our passwords through keyloggers, even if the fanbase isn't too large.
To start that virese was picked up by an AV. Whitch means it has been used in other places before. This was probly some one who sined up for something and if they infeced a lot of computers they would mony for that. So they rembered stick online and tryed to get people here.

Secend if they make a keyloger for stick online all they will haft to do is take a screenshot every time you click while your on the logon screen to get your pin.

The best solution is to just to be safe and not let that stuff in the first place.

Titan

Quote from: ARTgames on November 29, 2009, 05:43:36 PM
To start that virus was picked up by an AV. Which means it has been used in other places before. This was probably some one who signed up for something and if they infected a lot of computers they would get alot of? money for that. So they rememberd stick online and tried to get people here.

Second if they make a keyloger for stick online all they have to do is take a screenshot every time you click while your on the logon screen to get your pin.

The best solution is to just to be safe and not let that stuff in the first place.

I don't really understand what you're saying there? As far as I know nobody gets paid money to infect computers.

Then again I don't know much.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Mystery

Quote from: Titan on November 29, 2009, 08:28:51 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on November 29, 2009, 05:43:36 PM
To start that virus was picked up by an AV. Which means it has been used in other places before. This was probably some one who signed up for something and if they infected a lot of computers they would get alot of? money for that. So they rememberd stick online and tried to get people here.

Second if they make a keyloger for stick online all they have to do is take a screenshot every time you click while your on the logon screen to get your pin.

I don't really understand what you're saying there? As far as I know nobody gets paid money to infect computers.

Then again I don't know much.
No, the virus retrieves information such as your credit card information, bank passwords, PIN number, etc. so the person who created it can screw you out of all your money while screwing up your computer in the process. @!#$ing lazy @!#$ers who don't feel like making honest livings.

Anyway, back on topic, I think this is completely unnecessary. You're not supposed to share accounts in the first place, so if you do, prepare for the consequences.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Riserva

Ok, I get your points. :(