News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

ADDED:3 CCs, SS, Dagger ***NEW Inventory Icons***

Started by Mr Pwnage, August 05, 2009, 01:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crozier

I dont like the current spire icon or yours :(
The spire for both of them is too big.(The original is huge)
Also I like your new gs but I think the old inferno is better.
The gs is more like the actuwal gs, which I think is better.
When someone says inferno most people think of flames. If you added fire it would be great.
EDIT:took sprites out and sent to my topic.

Mr Pwnage

Ehhh, Crozier, please don't post your sprites in my topic unless I ask for people to try their hand at making stuff, because than everyone starts commenting on yours and it hi-jacks the topic.

And torch, I could add more contrast between the handle in the blade easily....that is as simple as removing the black outline around the bladed part of the sword. I'll post a version like that a little later.

And, could you guys be more specific when you say "I don't like the spire icon"? Cause personally, and no offence to chaos, but I think the weapon looks horrible to begin with....I'm just making an icon that accurately depicts the weapon...but if you want it to look different you need to give specifics...

Also, I plan on touching up the inferno a bit later.

EDIT: Also, would you guys like to see the spire without the black outline? That may be whats wrong about it. Unless you don't like it in general. All I did was make a new icon the looked similar to the old one, but was graphically touched up, and a more appropriate size....if you want a completely new look, give me a google images picture, please.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ArtGames

Forum

I don't like any of yours at all and Spire could be a bit smaller not as small as ur icon though. My opinion.
Officially quitted

Mr Pwnage

V2 icons are up! I updated all 3 of them! Look under the V1 icons on the first post to see them!
Tell me what you think.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

crozier

The new stuff isn't showing for me.

EDIT: you got it.
I think the spire dagger got even worse. I hate the extra thick white line as the boarder of the blade.

foG

I reeally like the 2nd spire and 2nd GS. The IS is okay I guess, the flames are kinda missing

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: foG on August 06, 2009, 04:07:13 PM
I reeally like the 2nd spire and 2nd GS. The IS is okay I guess, the flames are kinda missing
Yeah Dan and tons of other people have been telling me that too...I've tried many times but they all came out to be shit...as soon as I end up with a good result I'll post it...

And crozier, look at this ingame pic, there is a white radiance around it. You hate the weapon, not the icon. Also, after seeing the icon you made for it, I cringe at your comments...

crozier

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 06, 2009, 04:12:53 PM
And crozier, look at this ingame pic, there is a white radiance around it. You hate the weapon, not the icon. Also, after seeing the icon you made for it, I cringe at your comments...
I dont hate the wepond I like the item on the ingame picture but I dislike it in the inventory box since the colors dont blend as well.
Just since I dislike yours it doesn't mean mine is good.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: crozier on August 06, 2009, 05:03:27 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 06, 2009, 04:12:53 PM
I dont hate the wepond I like the item on the ingame picture but I dislike it in the inventory box since the colors dont blend as well.
Just since I dislike yours it doesn't mean mine is good.
Fair enough, but about the colors not blending well....I ripped the colors from the ingame sprite, i did on all of these. So how can the ACTUAL colors not blend well?

ArtGames

I think its because how its smaller and has a thicker glow. Maybe using a lower contrast and my imo maybe adding back the blue spark at the tip.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ArtGames on August 06, 2009, 05:10:24 PM
I think its because how its smaller and has a thicker glow. Maybe using a lower contrast and my imo maybe adding back the blue spark at the tip.
I think that blue spark looks horrible to be honest. Am I looking at the same dagger you guys are?! Look at the ingame picture I have there, take note how thick the glowing part is...
I don't see how I can improve more more on it, I made it bigger like you all requested, redid the handle a bit, and added back the spire at the end, so if there is ANYTHING else I can do, please tell me now.

As far as I'm concerned, I just have to work on making a good flame for the IS now...if you feel otherwise, saying "it sucks" doesn't really do shit for me...

EDIT: Also guys keep in mind, the Inventory look of it, and the In-Game look are the only 2 that matter, not the one that has a white background. That is just the raw sprite, I made them to go along with the blue background.

ArtGames

Mr Pwnage you sure are putting a lot of work into something that you don't know will be placed in game. And a game that not even in full development. your sure you what to do this.

Mystery

Quote from: ArtGames on August 06, 2009, 06:07:38 PM
Mr Pwnage you sure are putting a lot of work into something that you don't know will be placed in game. And a game that not even in full development. your sure you what to do this.
Wait, what?

Of course the game isn't in full development, these are just simply suggestions. Good ones at that. Plenty others are doing suggestions like these as well, and they're something that they would possibly like to be implemented. So yes, I'm pretty sure they want to do this.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ArtGames

by development i meant this game so2 is not in real development. meaning this game will not be around and superseded by so3. what im trying to get at is this work is going to be gone when so 3 comes here.

Also i know people what to suggest graphics. But this topic has gotten this fare with no word from a gm weather or not they are even many will be approved and used in game.

With these things in Mr Pwnage mind i wanted to ask him whether or not if its worth it to him. And if he does than i don't mind. i just what him to think about that.