News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

UPS Phishing

Started by Aqua, May 27, 2010, 05:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

This is an email I received a few days ago...

It seems rather suspicious in that the usual company email contains several banners or links to the website (other than the email address), and the email would probably be generated by a noreply@ address. Also, for printing out a 'invoice,' a 31kb .zip file seems a bit big, as I assume the document would be table based and not image based. Also, this was sent to my junk email.
Just posting for thoughts as to whether or not you think this is a phishing email, and if so, to warn you (as I nearly fell for it).
~Aqua

igufed

A few of my clients open these (virus/malware, of course).. Most recent was DHL..  Just don't open anything you aren't expecting... Simple..
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Lingus

Best way to resolve any potential phishing scams is to look up the company's phone number (look it up on google or preferrably their official website... or even better, the actual copy of one of their physical bills as in a utility bill) call the company directly and ask if the notice you received is legitimate. If they confirm it is, you're good to go. If they can't, not only do you know it is a phishing scam, now the company knows about it and they can inform their customers better. A lot of the times when I have done this, they have confirmed that it is in fact a scam and that other customers have called about it.

Btw, this is almost undoubtedly a scam. I get emails that go to spam constantly regarding confirming package delivery. I'm never expecting a package so I know it's fake.

ARTgames

If you have sent something then just go to the ups website and check it there directly.

sn0wb0arder381

Seems legit to me, make sure you remember to give him your social security number!

ARTgames

Quote from: sn0wb0arder381 on May 31, 2010, 10:53:26 AM
Seems legit to me, make sure you remember to give him your social security number!

I think they also speed up your order depending on how many credit cards you give them.