News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Mafia #8- Welcome to the club

Started by crozier, May 30, 2010, 12:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krele

Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 30, 2010, 08:49:28 PM
He didn't even type like you compared to the graveyard chat in the same screencap. Meh, I'm not one to brag. I'm no good at disguising either.

I especially hate it when you're playing with a tightknit group of friends or something, like the higher tier players. They can guise test you by metagaming and asking you a question only the real person would know.
Metagaming is actually obvious. People usually hold stuff like that on their profiles... Like

"Ask me anything about Baseball"... and if the person doesn't know a simple question, therefore, he's disguised...

EpicPhailure

Unless it's something like "How long is my ****" and the person who was guised is their partner or something.

krele

Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 30, 2010, 10:16:29 PM
Unless it's something like "How long is my ****" and the person who was guised is their partner or something.
I've just managed to put metagaming in use!

Player was called AgentMello (Mello is originally a character from death note). After a while, I could tell he was guised by sudden change of personality. To prove it, I asked him who the character from his username was. He was silent for few minutes, until he probably got it off google. So originally, it didn't work.

Usually, the best way I can find to use metagaming even on people you don't know shit about, is ask them where did they get their nickname... But that can only work if the player used an authentic one...

EpicPhailure

Yeah me and someone else exchanged a detail or something because all PRs claimed (included me and her), so I forgot to do the guise test and screwed us all over.

Mystery

...Incidentally, crozier, ALL of the roles in this game come from EpicMafia. Not a single one isn't changed/not on there. So this would be perfect to set up on EpicMafia.  Players would have to create an account on there, of course, but ones who are interested shouldn't mind it. We would have to set up a list of players names (names on there that correlate to names here) because they would most likely be different. But I see no problem with it. Again, your call. But that would be the most convenient way to do it, and it may end up being more fun than the way we used to do it. Everyone would have to set up a game on EpicMafia from then on though, but that's faster than the normal way anyway. ...Heck, we could do MULTIPLE Mafias in a single topic, if needed.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

crozier

Hmm, I'll look into it after the sg. Yes thats a definant possibility and overall easier.
Don't know if everyone will still be active though.

Mystery

...Don't know your status on this, but if you aren't starting this, mind letting me set up SM #7 with EpicMafia?
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

crozier

Go for it. I'll participate with it and see how to do things.
You doing SM 7 would be better for SM 8.

EpicPhailure