News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Facebook...

Started by 11clock, June 15, 2010, 04:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

I really don't get how a lot of people find Facebook addicting. I try to go on as much as others and I just can't, it's just too boring! I'd rather do something that's actually fun. Farmville, bleh...

Lingus

ARTgames

Why? All he did was come to stick online forums to complain about another website.

Chaos

Quote from: 11clock on June 15, 2010, 04:19:30 PM
I really don't get how a lot of people find Facebook addicting. I try to go on as much as others and I just can't, it's just too boring! I'd rather do something that's actually fun. Farmville, bleh...

Facebook =/= Farmville

I see nothing wrong with Facebook.  I see plenty wrong with the people who are somehow addicted to it, however.  Why you would WANT to try to go on it as much as the stupid people who use it mystifies me.

What the hell is the point of this topic?
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lingus

To answer both Art and Chaos, this is clearly a rant topic. I believe that's allowed every once in a while. And Facebook is certainly something to rant about...

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on June 15, 2010, 06:11:24 PM
To answer both Art and Chaos, this is clearly a rant topic. I believe that's allowed every once in a while.
I don't think so. Maybe if we had a rant topic ill change my mind...

Cactuscat222

Facebook clearly has its uses, and it is quite good at what it does.

It is just the people who use it too much.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Chaos

Rant about what?  In what way does the other people's obsession with facebook affect you?  And if it doesn't, why do you even care?  It's none of your business if that's what other people want to waste their time on.  Go do something YOU enjoy.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

11clock

Quote from: ARTgames on June 15, 2010, 06:18:44 PM
Quote from: Lingus on June 15, 2010, 06:11:24 PM
To answer both Art and Chaos, this is clearly a rant topic. I believe that's allowed every once in a while.
I don't think so. Maybe if we had a rant topic ill change my mind...
This was supposed to be a rant topic, yes. We should be allowed to have these.

In my opinion, Facebook is alright, but the people who are addicted to it I don't understand. What's so addicting about it? The games I find bleh and there isn't really that much to do. I myself would much rather do something else in my free time than to go on Facebook.

EpicPhailure

It's because they probably have no idea about what's beyond flash browser games.

Lingus

Quote from: Chaos on June 15, 2010, 06:49:47 PM
Rant about what?  In what way does the other people's obsession with facebook affect you?  And if it doesn't, why do you even care?  It's none of your business if that's what other people want to waste their time on.  Go do something YOU enjoy.
But Chaos, you miss the point. It DOES affect me because they don't stop talking about it. Everyone I meet asks me if I'm on Facebook and when I say "No" they keep telling me I should join. It's as if they can't communicate with me if I'm not on Facebook. I have a phone and I have email. Use them. I'm not joining Facebook.

Trust me, I wouldn't care if this were just a matter of people being addicted to something. As long as they don't tell me about it, or tell me I should become addicted to it, then I don't care what they do.

Mr Pwnage

Well...people who play farmville and other facebook apps are retarded lifeless skanks. Assuming you pointing out the fact more people are more involved in facebook than others...it all just comes down to the fact more people have social lives than others...and the fact the others actually make use of facebook for getting daily tasks arranged/accomplished. I honestly can't say I can refer to what you all are talking about b/c i just use facebook as a beneficiary and fun social networking tool...as all of my friends do as well...so unless your making a complaint about how the dumbasses on your friends list choose to use facebook, there is no real point in "ranting" about this at all.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Lingus on June 15, 2010, 08:49:54 PM
Rant about what?  In what way does the other people's obsession with facebook affect you?  And if it doesn't, why do you even care?  It's none of your business if that's what other people want to waste their time on.  Go do something YOU enjoy.
But Chaos, you miss the point. It DOES affect me because they don't stop talking about it. Everyone I meet asks me if I'm on Facebook and when I say "No" they keep telling me I should join. It's as if they can't communicate with me if I'm not on Facebook. I have a phone and I have email. Use them. I'm not joining Facebook.

Trust me, I wouldn't care if this were just a matter of people being addicted to something. As long as they don't tell me about it, or tell me I should become addicted to it, then I don't care what they do.

I don't really understand where your resistance comes from... it sorta sounds like you just don't want to join it because everyone else is using it.

Obviously you don't have to join, but its ridiculous to hate on Facebook because others find it as a perfect tool for communicating. It makes it so much easier, and that is why people would want you to join along... though I can understand getting annoyed from people bugging you about it. Fair enough. Just I don't see why you should be that bugged, heh.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Chaos

Quote from: Lingus on June 15, 2010, 08:49:54 PM

Now wait a minute.  Is this a topic ranting about people being addicted to facebook, or people using it in general?  Pick your story and stick with it.  Being addicted to facebook and using facebook are two completely different things, and someone using it and suggesting that you use it is not the same thing as being addicted to it either.  It sounds more like YOU missed the point...
Jake says:

Seifer

The people "addicted" to facebook aren't addicted to playing some stupid games on it, they are addicted to the social networking aspect of it. Staying in contact with friends, chatting, writing on walls, changing status updates, commenting on other peoples status's, liking or disliking things, joining groups.