News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

IPBfree Down

Started by 11clock, July 14, 2010, 12:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

IPBfree appears to be down, and based on my google searches they won't be going back up for quite a while. Because of this I'm going to have to find another free forum hosting website. Any suggestions on good free forum hosts? I've found many but I don't know which ones are good.

Infection

Try Darkbb forums they often have the coolest layouts and skins. Good luck.

Link: http://www.darkbb.com/tag/darkbb/forums

They also give you tons of ending address, the most used one is .darkbb.com though.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

Torch

invisionfree.com is nice, provided you don't mind that your board's address will be z#.invisionfree.com/(name of your forum).

Lucifer

Annoying, isn't it? I was just working on my Shmexie clan forums too...

I've used invisionfree before, didn't have any real problems with it, it's very basic. T-Rok suggested zetaboards to me, I'm not entirely sure on the difference between the two.

sly 3 4 me

According to some Yahoo answer questions and a redirect to his facebook, the whole domain and everything is gone for good. "If you need to RT: iPBFree is gone forever and it's not possible to retrieve anything. We're exceptionally sorry, it wasn't planned." -Tomlough

Scotty

Depending on whether or not I like the person asking, I could always give a hook-up or two and set people up with a sub-domain of my site (thus hosting whatever *free* forum software they wanted).  Also, if I trust the person, I could even get ftp access.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on July 14, 2010, 04:38:53 PM
According to some Yahoo answer questions and a redirect to his facebook, the whole domain and everything is gone for good. "If you need to RT: iPBFree is gone forever and it's not possible to retrieve anything. We're exceptionally sorry, it wasn't planned." -Tomlough

Apparently, some contacted staff of the IPBFree company and were given the reply of "Sorry, I'm legally bound from disclosing information from you" or something. I hear they ran into a crap load of DMCA violations because they had some forums hosting illegal activities.

That also means that the Hangout is gone forever  :'(

foG

Mh, TheZro said he was about to restore what it was -dedicated to Stick only- and open up forums for clans.  Upon request, 4 forums would be available to them.  And none can see their forums but them. Also it would've been the center of his operations.  Tournaments, leagues, etc...but oh well

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

T-Rok

@ Luci

I don't like zetaboards to tell you the truth luci. I just thought we should try them because they are new. xD I would much rather use Invisionfree as I know what i'm doing on it. Also if we use invisionfree I can go hook up my old computer and grab the old URL for Teh Shmexies and just copy all the code for it.

@ This topic

Not only has their domain been erased, their twitter and facebooks were completely deleted. I don't see any reason for that. On top of that, as far as I can remember, it takes a year for a facebook account to completely delete and lets you go back and reactivate it if you want to within that year. During this time, people can still view your facebook but they cannot add you as a friend. So to have their facebook be completely deleted would involve a lot more then them just clicking delete.

Lingus

Quote from: T-Rok on July 15, 2010, 05:28:39 PMOn top of that, as far as I can remember, it takes a year for a facebook account to completely delete and lets you go back and reactivate it if you want to within that year. During this time, people can still view your facebook but they cannot add you as a friend. So to have their facebook be completely deleted would involve a lot more then them just clicking delete.
That was a whole thing. Apparently that's the difference between inactivating your account and deleting it. There is supposedly a way to fully delete your account.

/offtopic

That's pretty crazy though. IPBFree is just dead?

sly 3 4 me

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 14, 2010, 05:18:22 PM
Quote from: sly 3 4 me on July 14, 2010, 04:38:53 PM

Apparently, some contacted staff of the IPBFree company and were given the reply of "Sorry, I'm legally bound from disclosing information from you" or something. I hear they ran into a crap load of DMCA violations because they had some forums hosting illegal activities.

That also means that the Hangout is gone forever  :'(

Yup, that's the same Yahoo answer topic that I read. It's too bad that there's no way at all to recover the data from backups and such.

T-Rok

But why are they saying that "we couldn't do anything about it" if it was DMCA violations? They would be given a minimum 2 week warning. It wouldn't be instantaneous.

EpicPhailure

Dunno, but whatever. IPB is gone, no going back.

-offtopic-
Zetaboards? New? SO used Zetaboards way back when Scotty's site was hacked through the shoutbox.

Forum

Simple machine forums :D?
Officially quitted