News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

IPBfree Down

Started by 11clock, July 14, 2010, 12:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

What's sad about this is that the application's terms of use/service explicitly say the do's and don'ts for what can and cannot be done with their applications, yet because people disregard all that, the service owners who have no control are the ones getting their pee-pee's smacked.  The real bad part is that they likely had no idea it was coming, because they had no clue that these illegalities were occurring on their applications.  Sure, you should monitor your application to a certain extent, but there's no way people could take a fine-tooth comb to tens of thousands of users.

I would think that the terms had something along the lines of "We cannot be held responsible..." but we all see how well that went over.

That is of course, if I'm in the ballpark of what happened, since no one really knows.  So one would have to ask themselves when developing open applications for anyone to use, what's the use in drafting up a terms of use to cover them legally if it won't?

ARTgames

I think it was taken down with the patriot act so something more than your user posting a copyrighted cat image was going on.

Lingus

It was the terrorists!

T-Rok

This is bs. Two sites in a month. Your US government is turning into China with its censorship, if thats what this is anyways. If it isn't, I will apologize. :P But we shall never know, so I will never have to apologize. xD

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on July 19, 2010, 09:00:04 PM
It was the terrorists!

Your right man. I feel like if that's the truth they could take down almost any big site with a lot of users.

Matty_Richo

11Clock,

I'll host your forum for you if you want. let me know.