News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameron:D

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 24, 2010, 09:12:28 PM
Anybody have a clue who keeps griefing other people's shit? Matt Ricos boat got set on fire, my bridge got set on fire, and somebody stole TNT from me and Cero's Hell City and laced it all over Cameron D's house....I mean, this shit is getting old...it is a community server after all.

Apologies to everyone, I was boxing in the TNT with obsidian and accidentally activated a piece. Needless to say TNT went flying _EVERYWHERE_. There are numerous craters around the place, the crystal gate was destroyed and some houses are missing a few blocks (nothing too major though). As for my house... well lets say I'm rebuilding, but I'm nothing short of unhappy :< Its kinda lame actually, this is a community server yet someone has to go running around doing crap like this? Sad? Just a bit, heck, I run a community server for another forum, and the people there are probably summed up best as unfriendly, yet there is no greifing over there at all. This seems like a much more welcoming community and something like this is the least that I would expect.

Anyway, back to rebuilding :3
Yo..

HamsterPants

Quote from: Cameron:D on October 25, 2010, 03:37:41 AM
Apologies to everyone, I was boxing in the TNT with obsidian and accidentally activated a piece. Needless to say TNT went flying _EVERYWHERE_.

Have I ever told you that you're clumsy?

Cameron:D

Yo..

HamsterPants

Quote from: Cameron:D on October 25, 2010, 05:12:25 AM
Quote from: HamsterPants on October 25, 2010, 04:14:59 AM
Have I ever told you that you're clumsy?
Nope :>
Yes I have, you just weren't paying attention.

lol

Scotty

I think my little Mythbusters moment last night went to your head...

T-Rok

Quote from: Scotty on October 25, 2010, 10:13:04 AM

This makes me curious.

Lucifer

Quote from: HamsterPants on October 25, 2010, 03:26:17 AM
Though needless to say, I've never been much of a demolition man, I just like to appreciate the artistic value in everything these days...
Apparently not everything. There's definitely an art to causing chaos and mayhem, and something to be said about artistic value in destruction.
:3

Scotty

Quote from: T-Rok on October 25, 2010, 12:30:07 PM
Quote from: Scotty on October 25, 2010, 10:13:04 AM

This makes me curious.

Watch the episode where the Mythbusters blow up a cement truck, then imagine what happens when I decide I want the side of a mountain beyond leveled.  In fact, I'd imagine Satan is hella pissed after letting all the heat out of Hell with the crater we caused.

T-Rok

Saw that episode. It was win. So I'm guessing you've placed a little more than a lot of TNT? xD

Scotty

Quote from: T-Rok on October 25, 2010, 01:16:43 PM
Saw that episode. It was win. So I'm guessing you've placed a little more than a lot of TNT? xD

I had help. 

Lets try to put it into perspective with some math.  If each stick of dynamite is 20cm long, and approximately 2.5cm in diameter, and one block of TNT is effectively one meter squared, that is 5 sticks tall, by 40 sticks wide, totaling to 200 sticks per block of TnT.  Now the average weight of a single stick of TnT is .62lbs per stick.  So by the math, 200 sticks times 0.62lbs per stick equates to each block of TnT weighing in at 124lbs. 

Now lets go ahead start adding quantity.  I had the help of Chaos, Lucifer, Haon, and Cameron:D.  Each of us was give 2 64 stacks of TnT and told to place them throughout the landscape.  I also took one extra stack of 64, and for lack of knowing exact numbers, we'll say I used 40 to stack them into a tower so that I may imitate the scene in Armageddon where the man is humping the nuke, only this was certain to be detonated.  So by those numbers, 5 people times 2 stacks = 10 stacks times 64 TnT per stack = 640 stacks of TnT plus an additional 40 required to ride the bull equates to a total of 680 blocks of TnT being placed.  Now lets incorporate our math above:  680 total blocks, at 124lbs per block of TnT equates to 84,320lbs of TnT being detonated from the top of the bull.  Yep, you heard right, over 83k lbs of TnT being detonated!  At 2k lbs to a ton, that's 42 tons of TnT being detonated!

Now in this Mythbusters explosion: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/223919/mythbusters_blow_up_a_cement_truck/ they used a measly 850lbs of explosive agent (dynamite if I recall), so put that into the correct dynamite to thrill ratio, and you'll have something along the lines of "HOLY !@#$ING GOOSE BONER!"

T-Rok

Hahaha, awesome. I must pay for Minecraft soon. Stupid free weekend not being permanent. xD

Seifer

It works out to be about 1,000 blocks per kilaton of explosion via Minecraft TnT

T-Rok

That would be a lot of lag >.> I placed down 64*12 blocks in my offline game in a 4x4 square from the ground to the sky and minecraft died on me.. xD

ARTgames

I would like to ask what names are you all using in minecraft.

tehrozzy

If it hasnt been griefed, theres a large mossy cobblestone wall just near the spawn point (in the small village) that has the minecraft name and the SO name