News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayRay

Thanks guys. But I don't see how the game takes so much space. I mean... a block alone shouldn't take much space just to exist. Drawing may take a lot of space but it's not visible... All I know is that I should get a new PC. This computer is 7 years old.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: RayRay on November 23, 2010, 12:48:13 AM
Thanks guys. But I don't see how the game takes so much space. I mean... a block alone shouldn't take much space just to exist. Drawing may take a lot of space but it's not visible... All I know is that I should get a new PC. This computer is 7 years old.

The game is infdev. Basically when you run out of building room on Minecraft alpha, you never notice because the game generates more land in that direction before you reach the border. The game is most likely programmed to check for suitable space before it even attempts to make a series of generations on a computer in case that computer has very low free memory, which is true in the case of yours. The game is actually saving you by refusing to run, if you think about it.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

RayRay

...... I know! I'll use my brother's laptop! xD My bro's laptop has 3.5 GB RAM, pretty good, oh and 225 GB for disk size.

Chaos

QuoteGah, the update is coming tomorrow because I?m silly

I tried to do a Minecraft update today, and it turns out I didn?t bring the keystore with the private certificate key to the office.. I set a reminder alarm on my cellphone to remind me tonight to bring it.

So.. Update tomorrow, with working SMP health, including fighting monsters and other players

:D
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Chaos on November 23, 2010, 06:46:07 PM
QuoteGah, the update is coming tomorrow because I?m silly

I tried to do a Minecraft update today, and it turns out I didn?t bring the keystore with the private certificate key to the office.. I set a reminder alarm on my cellphone to remind me tonight to bring it.

So.. Update tomorrow, with working SMP health, including fighting monsters and other players

:D

QFTAH
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Ceroblitz

Scotty

SMP Health update is out!

Just a heads up, my server is currently down.  I am awaiting for things to settle down, as there seems to be a few bugs with the update, and instead of continuously updating and taking down the server over and over, I am going to wait until the evening to update it, hoping that the bug fixes are completed, and that an updated hMod is released.  I'll post an update when I get it running.

EDIT: It appears as though the hMod might be delayed since the main developer claims he doesn't have internet.  If by tonight the hMod update isn't released, or there isn't a fan based alternative, I will likely just update the server, using just the minecraft server without the wrapper.

Scotty

Update is "completed" and the server is online, enjoy fokkers!

ARTgames

I have my mini server and the update works great. It seems like the creepers dont "sssssssss" when they are close and sometimes people cant see other people and monsters. Sheep are still glitchy but you can pick up there wool. heath for the most part seems to works just like its suppose to. The reappearing blocks is fixed also.

Cactuscat222

I haven't had a good experience yet - I'm just waiting until he fixes more of the bugs.

Been trying to get a local server running for me and 2 friends. Server crashes and fails after just a few minutes of running, and many things don't work in it currently. So I'll just have to wait till the next update; albeit, I'm really excited for when everything gets fixed.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

ARTgames

Odd I'm not having that problem at all. Is that pc your using ok?

Cactuscat222

Yeah, I've tried it on a couple computers now. I mean, when we first started out, it was running great for a good 15 minutes. Then the first disconnect occurred, and it literally dropped the internet connection of the computer running the server. Every time we had to restart the connection and then the server, and it would just keep breaking down after 5 minutes (sometimes even less), and we'd have to keep restarting the computer.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

EpicPhailure

I can't believe how unready I was for mobs and damage D:

I have a habit of leaping off of massive heights before realizing damage was fixed.

RayRay

Wow, tha game is so fun! I have a good run and already found redstone in just 2 1/2 hours. Don't want to turn on difficulty because of the disappointment I had with a creeper...

Scotty

The server was taken down about 2 hours ago so I could reformat my linux server.  For those who have messaged me and I haven't responded, that is why, I expect it to be back up in the next 15-30 minutes.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but hopefully this will correct some of the lag users have been experiencing.