News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayRay

My bro made a dungeon! Yayayay! There is so much to do and come up with. My bro keeps referencing it as Mindcraft. It kinda seems like it.

EDIT: This shall be the post remembered as me becoming a full member. xD
EDIT2: Found a very xD funny video with narrators! (WARNING: BAD LANGUAGE)

tehrozzy

No monsters my arse. I decide to find a place to store my valuables now that i can die, and get raped by a spider. I respawn and get ganged by some spiders and a skeleton :/
Bye bye diamond tools

Chaos

Me and Pwnage have been fixing up Port Town, and have worked on building it some defenses, such as watch towers and some wooden walls.

Additionally:

QuoteSo far today, I?ve done this:
* Swords and other weapons now deal damage properly
* Added proper hurt animations and sounds to mobs and players
* Fixed dead players logging in as invisible ghosts
* Made arrows visible and deal damage
* Hoes now produce proper seeds
* Creepers make noises and animate before exploding
* Explosions animate properly
* No more infinite free arrows

I?m currently working on trying to fix levers, pressure plates and buttons in SMP. They act a bit weird.

Because the update will require updating both the client and the server, I will wait with doing the update until I?m done with this round of bug fixes, so the update is coming tomorrow.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Scotty

Notch just released the newest patch that corrects almost all of the bugs that originated in the SMP health update a week back.  I'll be home in approximately 2 hours, hopefully giving Hey0 enough time to update hMod so that I can promptly update the server.  Sit tight until then.  If hMod isn't updated, then I will update further in this topic keeping the regulars on the server up to date!

Chaos

Yep, full release notes:

QuoteBug update #3.

The client version is now 1.2.4
The server version is now 0.2.6 (mandatory update, there?s been protocol changes)

Bug fix list:

* Swords and other weapons now deal damage properly
* Added proper hurt animations and sounds to mobs and players
* Fixed dead players logging in as invisible ghosts
* Made arrows visible and deal damage
* Hoes now produce proper seeds
* Creepers make noises and animate before exploding
* Explosions animate properly
* No more infinite free arrows
* Server logging now appends to server.log rather than overwriting it
* Buttons and levers (and a few other blocks probably, it?s a general solution) animate properly
* Fixed minecarts (and pigs!) moving twice as fast as they should when ridden.
* The join server screen now remembers the last entered ip
* Increased chunk saving frequency on the server
* Leaving sneak mode no longer triggers a million sounds
* You can now see sneaking players
* Names of sneaking players aren?t visible through walls, and are visible a much shorter distance
* Snowballs!!

I?ll monitor for bugs for a while, then head home!

[edit:]

Server 0.2.6_01 no longer gives everyone 64 snowballs on connecting

[edit:]

Server 0.2.6_02 and client 1.2.4_01 now spawn other monsters than ONLY CREEPERS EVERYWHERE
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Scotty

tehrozzy

How do you make the little shop signs?

Chaos

With the new economy plugin, to setup shop, you place a sign in this format:

1st line:  "[your name]" (Doesn't matter, it'll generally change the line to your name.)
2nd line:  "buy" or "sell"  (Place 'buy' to allow people to buy this item from your shop.  Place 'sell' to allow people to sell this item to your shop.)
3rd line:  "[item id] [# in bundle]"  (the id number of the item you want buying or selling, and how many you want to in a bundle.)
4th line:  "[cost]"  (how much you're selling/buying that particular item for)

So, for example, if I wanted to sell a bundle of 10 torches (item id of 50) in my shop for 20 coin, I would put:

magnumomega
buy
50 10

Once you have your buy and/or sell sign up for a particular item, you can place a blank sign adjacent, and then type into chat "/sign stock [item id] [amount]".  This will place the indicated amount of items into your shop's stock, and change the blank sign to the item name and amount in stock to reflect this.

From this point, you can simply right click on one of these shop signs with an empty hand to buy or sell from that sign.

Additionally, some commands:

To see how much money you currently have: /money
To manually pay someone money: /money pay [username] [amount]
Jake says:

tehrozzy

Haha figured it out by then. Also, so much for going to bed xD

Scotty

Another (non-mandatory) update:
QuoteClient version 1.2.5
Server version 0.2.7 (not mandatory, but you might want to update anyway)

* Fixed a rather bad memory leak bug in the server (entity position updates accumulated in orphaned player objects)
* Riding carts and boats now works properly when you travel long distances.
* Harvesting crops no longer yields fake seeds
* Removed /home (sorry!)
* Snowballs again!

Chaos, looks like this might resolve the issue you were having last night where you would get kicked and your character would still linger in game.

Plus he makes mention of taking a look at server-side inventory, which if I am not mistaken, is synonymous with item duplication and chests.  He states once that and a few other things are updated, it's beta time!  That means that if you still want it for the cheap price of ~$14, get it now before beta is released and the price hikes up!

Scotty

c30x has been banned for griefing.  It appears as though he managed to ransack most of Snakeman's chests within his cabin, then lighting it on fire (10 times, all different spots), and leaving nothing but a sign behind saying "Sorry!"

Griefing will not be tolerated, ensure your friends are well aware before sharing this server's information with them.

EpicPhailure

To around 20 euros, I believe.

tehrozzy

Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 01, 2010, 06:56:00 PM
To around 20 euros, I believe.
Nope, 15. 20 once its out of beta

Ceroblitz

Ahh, a little SMP survival is great fun, got me back into the game :D

Scotty

Server is upgraded.

Was a lot of fun tonight playing with everyone, going on expeditions.  Much thanks to Chris for organizing and leading it, and I look forward to continuing the adventure!