News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igufed

Server going to be updated anytime soon? :)
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Mystery on December 20, 2010, 06:07:40 PM
Quote from: Scotty on December 20, 2010, 04:06:00 PM
Quote from: Mystery on December 20, 2010, 03:43:31 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on December 20, 2010, 02:57:40 PM
Minecraft beta! Now with 30% more crashing (Yay!)
I have to say, the game HAS been crashing more for me, too. I expected less, not vice-versa. (Nothing to do with low virtual memory, I checked.)

He just released a hotfix today that fixed an issue with chests, he says there's more he'll look into patching tomorrow, I may have to hold off on updating my server if it proves too unstable.
Just for clarification, I don't expect the game to be running perfectly, I realize it's still far in development. Still, when an update like this is released, especially when it says it fixed bugs, I don't expect more disconnections.

Also, thanks for informing me about the hotfix, I've got it now.

Quote from: YayForLife on December 20, 2010, 05:29:10 PM
So, the WHOLE list of updates can be found on the minecraft wiki (great for when theres a secret friday update)

anyway:
20 2010    

* Working server-side inventory. And as a result of that, a whole pile of bugs and issues got fixed.
    * Made SMP servers save chunks way less often in most cases. Chunks don?t resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds.
    * Moving too far away from a container, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen.
    * Fixed /kill.
    * Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before.
    * You can now throw eggs.
          o Throwing an egg has a chance of spawning a chicken.
    * Added super exclusive clan cloaks for Mojang Employees.
    * A rare mob called Pigmen added
    * Tooltips in inventory - When you mouse over an item, its name appears.
    * You can't store things in the inventory crafting fields anymore.
    * Dungeons are more common
THAT was most definitely not on Minepedia, it just contained the information in Scotty's post. I looked for evidence of said claim for well over 10 minutes, and can't find anything about it. Pigmen are in the game's coding, but not used. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

Probably just some people adding random shit.

Scotty

I'm waiting to see if hMod is going to be updated for beta.  If by the end of tonight it isn't, I may revert back to the regular minecraft server.  It probably wouldn't be too wise of an action to take, since as of saying that, it pretty much gives free reign to the griefers here to have loose on the server as I patiently await for the hMod update.  I will post again when it is back up and running, sit tight.

Prosper

I'm going to find the first pigman spawner and keep it secret and just for me FOREVER !!!

EpicPhailure

We could put up a whitelist until then :o

Scotty

Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 20, 2010, 07:14:53 PM
We could put up a whitelist until then :o

Not without hMod we can't.

EDIT: Rather, if there was an alternative, it would likely just piss me off trying to get it to work to the point where I just wouldn't care.

Scotty

Sorry, not an update post, alas I think this would help tie us over for a bit, pretty freakin' sweet!

http://boobs.servebeer.com/map/

EpicPhailure

Is that...a forest fire to the right of the sky city?

Draxx

Quote from: Scotty on December 20, 2010, 09:56:07 PM
Sorry, not an update post, alas I think this would help tie us over for a bit, pretty freakin' sweet!

Is this all done in "creative" mode?  Can't imagine gathering all the material needed to make this  :o

(Playing single player offline at the moment, never played multiplayer.)

tehrozzy

Quote from: Draxx on December 20, 2010, 11:09:20 PM

Is this all done in "creative" mode?  Can't imagine gathering all the material needed to make this  :o

yeah, it wasnt creative :D you can tell because of the way the map is

\

@Scotty: Do you run MCBans?

Scotty

Quote from: YayForLife on December 20, 2010, 11:19:45 PM

\

Why do you ask?

tehrozzy

Quote from: Scotty on December 20, 2010, 11:31:04 PM
Quote from: YayForLife on December 20, 2010, 11:19:45 PM

\

Why do you ask?
Because if it works like it says, im gonna be banned because of a douchebag friend :P

Meiun

You know, I really wish the spawn rates of the explosive zombies could be lowered. They are a really cool monster, no doubt. But they are way too good at raping the landscape and any cool are you may be passing through/have built. Especially with how common they tend to be.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Meiun on December 21, 2010, 12:11:38 AM
You know, I really wish the spawn rates of the explosive zombies could be lowered. They are a really cool monster, no doubt. But they are way too good at raping the landscape and any cool are you may be passing through/have built. Especially with how common they tend to be.

They were supposed to be a single spawning monster. I'm not sure if it changed, but I believe they spawn in herds like the other mobs.

ARTgames

Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 21, 2010, 12:23:14 AM
Quote from: Meiun on December 21, 2010, 12:11:38 AM

They were supposed to be a single spawning monster. I'm not sure if it changed, but I believe they spawn in herds like the other mobs.
yup they do.