News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Quote from: YayForLife on December 21, 2010, 12:00:42 AM
Quote from: Scotty on December 20, 2010, 11:31:04 PM
Quote from: YayForLife on December 20, 2010, 11:19:45 PM
Quote from: Draxx on December 20, 2010, 11:09:20 PM
Quote from: Scotty on December 20, 2010, 09:56:07 PM
Sorry, not an update post, alas I think this would help tie us over for a bit, pretty freakin' sweet!

http://boobs.servebeer.com/map/

Is this all done in "creative" mode?  Can't imagine gathering all the material needed to make this  :o

(Playing single player offline at the moment, never played multiplayer.)
yeah, it wasnt creative :D you can tell because of the way the map is

\

@Scotty: Do you run MCBans?

Why do you ask?
Because if it works like it says, im gonna be banned because of a douchebag friend :P

That tells me that you may want to be selective about who you give access to.  If you suspect that one of your "douchebag friends" might screw you over, then why risk giving them access?  Because you trust them when they say "Don't worry brewskiminicalidulihooplabrosif (or however Yankal puts it to sound hip and current on the gang-speak), I'll play nice with others"?  Sounds to me like you have some rather distrustful friends.  If you get banned because of your "friends", trust in my words that I will not show compassion for those who may get screwed because they enabled a griefer to play on my server.  Sorry, I'm not as tolerant as Meiun may be with his game.  A ban is a ban, and my final decision will always lean towards the enjoyment of the server's user base as a whole, and not towards individuals with poor judgement.

Sorry if it sounds rash, but that's how it is.

tehrozzy

Quote from: Scotty on December 21, 2010, 12:30:00 AM
Sorry, not an update post, alas I think this would help tie us over for a bit, pretty freakin' sweet!

Is this all done in "creative" mode?  Can't imagine gathering all the material needed to make this  :o

\

Why do you ask?
Because if it works like it says, im gonna be banned because of a douchebag friend :P

That tells me that you may want to be selective about who you give access to.  If you suspect that one of your "douchebag friends" might screw you over, then why risk giving them access?  Because you trust them when they say "Don't worry brewskiminicalidulihooplabrosif (or however Yankal puts it to sound hip and current on the gang-speak), I'll play nice with others"?  Sounds to me like you have some rather distrustful friends.  If you get banned because of your "friends", trust in my words that I will not show compassion for those who may get screwed because they enabled a griefer to play on my server.  Sorry, I'm not as tolerant as Meiun may be with his game.  A ban is a ban, and my final decision will always lean towards the enjoyment of the server's user base as a whole, and not towards individuals with poor judgement.

No No, if MCBans ARE global bans then if he bans me from a server hes op on, then if that in turn affects your banlist, i will be banned. The reason for him MCBanning me is because my MC server was kicking him for the fact that his connection was WAY too laggy and his client couldnt keep up. It has nothing to do with your server, just wether you have global banlist updates from MCBan

RayRay

Quote from: Scotty's post near the title? Reply #420 on: Today at 12:30:00 AM ?
Lucky.

So did Notch release an update not too long ago? I had a problem where when viewing a chest I couldn't edit half of my inventory. Was that fixed?

EDIT:
At the edges, you can see the lava and gravel. But yay! I know how to get to the castle! ...And what my house looks like! xD

Scotty

Quote from: YayForLife on December 21, 2010, 12:37:33 AM

\

Why do you ask?

No No, if MCBans ARE global bans then if he bans me from a server hes op on, then if that in turn affects your banlist, i will be banned. The reason for him MCBanning me is because my MC server was kicking him for the fact that his connection was WAY too laggy and his client couldnt keep up. It has nothing to do with your server, just wether you have global banlist updates from MCBan

Well then my lack of knowledge regarding how MCBans works likely answers your question!  :P

Am I correct in assuming that such a plugin actually holds a central database containing all the bans across multiple servers, and anyone who is banned on one server through this mod is banned on any other server that also utilizes this mod?  Sounds a bit... unreliable and stupid to be quite honest, especially if it's for something like a crappy connection.  I can see the utility in such a capability for griefers, and reporting them so that other servers don't get screwed by them, but for poor connection speeds?

That is of course, unless I am way off in left field about all of this.

tehrozzy

Quote from: Scotty on December 21, 2010, 12:41:57 AM
Quote from: YayForLife on December 21, 2010, 12:37:33 AM

\

Why do you ask?

Well then my lack of knowledge regarding how MCBans works likely answers your question!  :P

Am I correct in assuming that such a plugin actually holds a central database containing all the bans across multiple servers, and anyone who is banned on one server through this mod is banned on any other server that also utilizes this mod?  Sounds a bit... unreliable and stupid to be quite honest, especially if it's for something like a crappy connection.  I can see the utility in such a capability for griefers, and reporting them so that other servers don't get screwed by them, but for poor connection speeds?

That is of course, unless I am way off in left field about all of this.
No, my friend had bad connection to ME, so I banned him (i dont have MCBans) because he was using up a shitload of the data constantly reconnecting and disconnecting every 5 seconds, so he banned my from some other server that had MCBans which is supoosedly global. But banning on one server probly just recommends it to the others,, theres a list including reasons and stuff.

Snakeman

Ceroblitz

I thought Arcadia was far away... How freaking far away is that castle 2x further than Arcadia?

tehrozzy

Quote from: Ceroblitz on December 21, 2010, 02:55:44 AM
I thought Arcadia was far away... How freaking far away is that castle 2x further than Arcadia?
About a minutes walk.

T-Rok

That map looks ridiculously huge... But I want to point out some odd sphere thing at 8724, -4642. Its not the epic dome, it looks like its made out of grass.

tehrozzy

Quote from: T-Rok on December 21, 2010, 04:23:06 AM
That map looks ridiculously huge... But I want to point out some odd sphere thing at 8724, -4642. Its not the epic dome, it looks like its made out of grass.
Haha i saw that :P it looks awesome

Scotty

Quote from: YayForLife on December 21, 2010, 04:29:58 AM

Everyone apparently is obsessed with making large domes or spheres, I think I'm going to assign Jake to the mission of making an extravagantly large penis that floats above the ground, Snakeman, feel free too give him a handjob

igufed

Quote from: Ceroblitz on December 21, 2010, 02:55:44 AM

That's trog's castle.. It may have taken 15-20 minutes to get there from Arcadia..
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Mystery

From the look of that epic map and the (seemingly) drop in griefing, I think I'll possibly join the server when it comes back up.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Snakeman

Quote from: Scotty on December 21, 2010, 08:53:42 AM

Everyone apparently is obsessed with making large domes or spheres, I think I'm going to assign Jake to the mission of making an extravagantly large penis that floats above the ground, Snakeman, feel free too give him a handjob

...Why.

Scotty

Quote from: Snakeman on December 21, 2010, 02:07:58 PM
Quote from: Scotty on December 21, 2010, 08:53:42 AM

...Why.
... Why not.