News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draxx

Quote from: T-Rok on December 23, 2010, 01:04:21 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 23, 2010, 12:50:58 PM
Skeletons pose the most danger for me. When it's darkest, I suddenly get hit and I can't see where it came from, so I just keep running. No chance to fight them off. Zombies I'll just outrun or avoid. Spiders I never encounter.

I hate spiders. I always forget about them while building my defenses and they jump right through.

lol yeah I was building a 7 cube massive wall around the area I was claiming and wanted to replace some sand blocks with cobblestone.  I figured I know it's night but heck nothing is going to get through if I mine these two bottom blocks it's only a 2 x 1 hole.  Sure sh#t if as soon as I mined that 2x1 hole if a spider didn't jump in :-\

11clock

My brother (Beastman/Theskyisblue/Belac R) is building a complex underground tunnel system under his world. It's his own underground layer, and it looks pretty cool! He has spent hours on it. Pictures will come later.

He also encountered a bug. He was on an island that had one of his tunnel entrances at night when sheep and chickens started spawning there. He was able to box one of the sheep into his lair to the point where it couldnt escape. It vanished at dawn. O.o

EpicPhailure

Quote from: 11clock on December 23, 2010, 08:24:56 PM
My brother (Beastman/Theskyisblue/Belac R) is building a complex underground tunnel system under his world. It's his own underground layer, and it looks pretty cool! He has spent hours on it. Pictures will come later.

He also encountered a bug. He was on an island that had one of his tunnel entrances at night when sheep and chickens started spawning there. He was able to box one of the sheep into his lair to the point where it couldnt escape. It vanished at dawn. O.o

It's despawning. Intended so that...I dunno, I guess it starves to death or something.

ARTgames

Quote from: 11clock on December 23, 2010, 08:24:56 PM

Mobs good or bad can disappear if they are killed, If you move to far away from them, and some time randomly for no reason. He most likely just got to far away.

ARTgames

Oh the secret was the thing he posted on his blog just a few days before the update....

tehrozzy

Lies. Its even in the Minepedia (minecraft wiki)
he added the regular pigmen, which are extremely rare.

Chaos

So, what with the game now being in beta and the duping bug supposedly being fixed, and us having an economy mod, me and Scott have pondered starting up a new map.   Before such a thing would happen, we want to hear people's opinions. 

Are people interested in getting a fresh start for beta and starting up a new map?
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Ceroblitz

depends... Starting a new map would basically restart all the great things we have done, but it gives a more nice feeling to it with starting anew. Keeping the old map may be nice even though it is effing huge, for the memory and all the work...

Well, Id be fine with starting a new map.

Chaos

Well, if we were to start a new map, Scott would back-up the old map.  If we ever wanted to change back, it would be entirely possible.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Matty_Richo

I'm good with a new map. And perhaps on a new map we won't cover everywhere with fences :P I think it's a good idea. I think we can fix all the things we stuffed up on the first map.

T-Rok

If we are to start a new map, I say we schedule it for a day when everyone can play. That way we can get the world off with a running start.

Scotty

Keep in mind that in due time, we always run the inherent risk of losing the backup map due to future possible incompatibilities with future releases down the road.

I am away from my server, home for the holidays and all, but if hey0 can get his update out tomorrow, I'll be able to remote into my laptop from my phone and update it, so we'll just wait and see. If anyone notices the release of hey0s mod, shoot me a pm here and I'll get on it once I can.

Snakeman

I say no restarting. Not until I finish the things I'm currently toying with at the moment. It'd be pretty disappointing to start working on something, only to have a new map loaded in right in the middle of trying to finish it up.

Alternatively, Scott could toss the map files to another SO patron that wishes to host, and they can host it as the official SO freebuild server, with Scott's being the official exploration/economy/settling server.

igufed

I wouldn't mind starting over..
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0