News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayRay

Quote from: igufed on December 26, 2010, 11:02:37 PM
Quote from: RayRay on December 26, 2010, 09:59:20 PM
I already gave up. It's impossible to make a shelter without exploding every 10 seconds and dying 15 times in a row at night.
while you make your main base during the day..
Oh let's see if that was possible... I was planning to be the first one to make a city around here, but...

Scotty

Quote from: RayRay on December 26, 2010, 09:59:20 PM
I already gave up. It's impossible to make a shelter without exploding every 10 seconds and dying 15 times in a row at night.

Trying to decipher what you're saying, I'm assuming you are being bombarded by creepers?  If so, there isn't much I can do about that.  I even checked to see if there was a plugin to throttle back the amount of creepers spawned, and the only things I came up with was disabling them entirely, which I won't do, or setting safe areas where they won't explode and do damage.

If you are lagging, thus can't see them before they explode, I might be able to look into that.  In fact, I've already attempted to renice the process and allocate twice the memory usage to the server, which users have claimed improved performance quite a bit.  Might I suggest trying again if this was the case?

Red October

This is "the village" after one day (so far). The view is from my house/light_tower.

EpicPhailure

I noticed that some servers tell you to set your difficulty up to hard if you can't see players or monsters. That might be the problem, if what your saying is that you can't see mobs.

RayRay

I can see them, but I lag the !@#$ up and can't do anything.

But I see a village is built, so I could try again.

Lingus

Okay... so... I've never played, and have generally ignored this topic for the most part... but... then my little brother found out about it and is going crazy. He made my mom buy him the game on Christmas morning. He keeps asking me about it and I keep telling him that I'll come here and ask about it seeing as I know nothing.

So, what's the deal? He bought the full version and downloaded the beta, and he was able to get in and play the single player just fine. He even went ahead and downloaded some tool that allows you to modify your inventory. So he was having fun with that. But, how do you access the server here? I tried typing the server name into the field when you click multiplayer, but it doesn't seem to work. It is something to do with the new beta that came out?

Anyways, let me know thx!

EpicPhailure

What message does it give out?

Notch apparently said that the beta won't receive any major updates after the time that you buy it, only minor bug fixes and whatnot. That might have something to do with it.

Red October

Quote from: Lingus on December 27, 2010, 06:22:17 PMBut, how do you access the server here? I tried typing the server name into the field when you click multiplayer, but it doesn't seem to work. It is something to do with the new beta that came out?

1. Check to see that the server name is correct (I'll assume you have done from this).
2. Check firewall settings to allow minecraft to access the internet (Again I'll assume you have done this).
3. Depending on the error message - you might get a "Took too long to log in" one. I often get this when trying to get on the server it usually takes multiple attempts to log in into the server.

It is unlikely that the beta version has changed anything (in terms of connecting/logging in SMP servers) from the Alpha version. But as Epic said it's best for us to know the error message that you've been getting.

Chaos

For the record, Notch has said that those who bought in Beta won't get any of the content updates beyond the FULL RELEASE of the game.  So, if Notch decides to build some expansion stuff after the game goes full release, everyone except for those who bought in Alpha will have to purchase that content separately.  Additionally, EVERYONE will get bug patches for free.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Chaos on December 27, 2010, 11:15:42 PM
For the record, Notch has said that those who bought in Beta won't get any of the content updates beyond the FULL RELEASE of the game.  So, if Notch decides to build some expansion stuff after the game goes full release, everyone except for those who bought in Alpha will have to purchase that content separately.  Additionally, EVERYONE will get bug patches for free.
Ah, misread it and thought everyone except Alpha players won't get any major releases UNTIL the Release, where everyone gets that.

ARTgames

I like the people, buildings, and maps on scotti's server. Just not the lag. It was not bad at first but I think its getting worse.

Mystery

Quote from: Chaos on December 27, 2010, 11:15:42 PM
Damn, that seems unfair for the people who bought Beta.  :(

AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

EpicPhailure

He did say that buying earlier is better.

Snakeman

Quote from: Red October on December 27, 2010, 05:59:57 AM
This is "the village" after one day (so far). The view is from my house/light_tower.

I'm tempted to ask what skin you're using. I somewhat like the gridlike style on the dirt and stone.

RayRay

Quote from: Snakeman on December 28, 2010, 06:07:12 PM
Quote from: Red October on December 27, 2010, 05:59:57 AM

I'm tempted to ask what skin you're using. I somewhat like the gridlike style on the dirt and stone.
I didn't notice that. O_o