News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Quote from: Chaos on January 14, 2011, 10:22:27 PM
That's because it isn't up.
Like is he updating it or looking for something? Or is he just busy? He keeping me form my addiction. And offline is so lonely.

Trogdor

Quote from: ARTgames on January 14, 2011, 10:47:36 PM
He keeping me form my addiction. And offline is so lonely.

Heh, I know how you feel. I would play offline, but since there aren't random people's houses I can hide in during the night, I die fairly quickly. I'm assuming there have been other things higher up on his agenda than MineCraft lately (e.g. boobs, beer), so it better be a beautiful woman, or a strong spirit!
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Snakeman

Quote from: YayForLife on January 14, 2011, 10:38:19 PM
You guys should check out Mo' Creatures. It adds
Horse
Ogre
FireOgre
CaveOgre
Boar
Bear
Duck
LionK
Wolf
PolarBear
Wraith
FlameWraith
Bunny
Bird
Fox
Werewolf

this is only a singleplayer mod though, and its not currently compatible with the latest versions.

I've been looking into this mod. The idea of controllable mounts sounds just so nice.

But I've been toying with other mods for now.

Quote from: EpicPhailure on January 14, 2011, 07:58:16 PM
Unrelated: How far are you in Homestuck, Snake?

Welp, siggy gave it away, didn't it. I'm up to the (temporary) end, waiting for updates and getting pissed off when it hasn't been updated yet. That story is some good readin'.

Chaos

A combination of Scott being out of town until Tuesday along with the mod support being effectively crippled with the discontinuation of hmod and the lack of release of bukkit.  Scott doesn't want to put the server up unless we can have some anti-grief in place, and hmod hasn't and quite possibly won't be updated anymore.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Chaos on January 15, 2011, 04:26:43 AM
A combination of Scott being out of town until Tuesday along with the mod support being effectively crippled with the discontinuation of hmod and the lack of release of bukkit.  Scott doesn't want to put the server up unless we can have some anti-grief in place, and hmod hasn't and quite possibly won't be updated anymore.

Actually it indefinately won't ever be again. A couple days ago Hey0 requested a lock on his topic, basically telling everybody to move over to Bukkit. Apparently on their site though, they said they tried to progress Hey0 but it was too hard to do, so they will have to make a completely new mod...
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Lol both. I'll guess il have to go outside or something. It's fine, I'll be patient.

krele

Maybe you can just trust our community and not include any kind of anti-grief at all? /not

ARTgames

Chaos

Quote from: ARTgames on January 15, 2011, 12:48:37 PM
It was bound to happen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEPVYrltke4

Of course it was.  I knew it was going to happen the moment I saw that 'note blocks' were added (though I was kinda hoping they'd look like the note blocks from SMB3 :3 )
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Celson

Snakeman

Quote from: krele on January 15, 2011, 11:16:39 AM
A combination of Scott being out of town until Tuesday along with the mod support being effectively crippled with the discontinuation of hmod and the lack of release of bukkit.  Scott doesn't want to put the server up unless we can have some anti-grief in place, and hmod hasn't and quite possibly won't be updated anymore.
Maybe you can just trust our community and not include any kind of anti-grief at all? /not

But seriously, trusting a community full of wannabe trolls? Server's been griefed a good few number of times. We definately need anti-grief for this server, especially since people pretty much toss out the address to whomever asks, regardless of possible danger to the server that person may cause.

RayRay

Got a GB of RAM, and it is impossible for me to tell you how fast Minecraft loaded. Think it was 2 seconds? Yeah, 2 seconds. Whenever I was playing it, it was always hitting the limit and took 30 seconds to load. Now I can't even see "Mojang Specifications" anymore...

Mystery

Quote from: Snakeman on January 15, 2011, 06:39:39 PM
Quote from: krele on January 15, 2011, 11:16:39 AM
A combination of Scott being out of town until Tuesday along with the mod support being effectively crippled with the discontinuation of hmod and the lack of release of bukkit.  Scott doesn't want to put the server up unless we can have some anti-grief in place, and hmod hasn't and quite possibly won't be updated anymore.
-SNIP-

But seriously, trusting a community full of wannabe trolls? Server's been griefed a good few number of times. We definately need anti-grief for this server, especially since people pretty much toss out the address to whomever asks, regardless of possible danger to the server that person may cause.
Sadly, you need anti-grief for pretty much every SMP server as a necessary precaution, seeing as this game is(unfortunately) so ridiculously griefer-friendly.  :-\

Also, following up on what Chaos said, the discontinuation of hMod and Bukkit probably not being released until next week at the earliest(from what I read on their forums, it seems), sometime next week has screwed quite a few people over. I'd rather wait until everything is in place, for our convenience.

Then I can finally stop beating around the bush and check out this server.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: RayRay on January 15, 2011, 08:00:45 PM
Got a GB of RAM, and it is impossible for me to tell you how fast Minecraft loaded. Think it was 2 seconds? Yeah, 2 seconds. Whenever I was playing it, it was always hitting the limit and took 30 seconds to load. Now I can't even see "Mojang Specifications" anymore...

Yeah, I recently got a new rig (if I didn't say so already), and I can put render distance up to Far and graphics on Fancy and not have it freeze for more than a second. It doesn't even lock up frequently either; the only time it starts to have a small millisecond delay is when the day/night cycle changes.

tehrozzy

Mo' Creatures is compatible with the latest beta. i suggest youu all try it out.