News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayRay

I could host one. However, it wouldn't be up for 24/7. I have my ports forwarded.

ARTgames

edited

Scotty

I'm currently looking at alternatives now that I am back in town.  It doesn't appear as though hMod will be supported any further, and I refuse to have a vanilla server without any sort of anti-grief or griefer-deterrents in place.  Any ideas?

EpicPhailure

We could put up a whitelist until then.

Scotty

Quote from: EpicPhailure on January 17, 2011, 09:12:35 PM

Does the regular vanilla server support a whitelist?  Forgive my ignorance but I can't recall whether or not that was a feature that minecraft supported or if that was an hMod addition?

Draxx

Quote from: Scotty on January 17, 2011, 09:15:12 PM

Does the regular vanilla server support a whitelist?  Forgive my ignorance but I can't recall whether or not that was a feature that minecraft supported or if that was an hMod addition?

If this happens how would one get on the whitelist?  I've played on the server since the new map was up as "ZombieDraxxx", never griefed anyone and contributed to the general community with my cobblestone paths.

/application approved ?

Scotty

Quote from: Draxx on January 17, 2011, 10:06:42 PM
Quote from: Scotty on January 17, 2011, 09:15:12 PM

If this happens how would one get on the whitelist?  I've played on the server since the new map was up as "ZombieDraxxx", never griefed anyone and contributed to the general community with my cobblestone paths.

/application approved ?

If it were implemented, I would simply go down the access list and approve people one by one to be on the whitelist.  If new people wanted on, they would be lot on under close supervision for a certain period of time to ensure they aren't griefers, and then eventually we would welcome them as we welcome any of the regulars.

11clock

Can't download AudioMod. The main download link is broken and the mirror links to the elemental arrows download. Whoever has AudioMod, can you please send me the mod?

tehrozzy

@scotty: whitelists brent vanilla nor hmod
@11clock: cant help atm, but i can in a few hours.

Scotty

11clock

Added in ModLoader and Elemental Arrows mod successfully (on Windows half of computer), but now the game gives me a black screen when I attempt to log in. I'm pretty sure I done everything correctly.

EDIT: Got it to work, along with a few other mods I felt like adding.

Snakeman

Quote from: 11clock on January 18, 2011, 08:42:55 PM
Added in ModLoader and Elemental Arrows mod successfully (on Windows half of computer), but now the game gives me a black screen when I attempt to log in. I'm pretty sure I done everything correctly.

Rule of thumb(s) when screwing with mods:

1. Make sure the mod is confirmed to work with the latest Minecraft version. Otherwise, no dice.
2. For the most part, many mods require ModLoader, and ModLoader requires the META-INF folder in your minecraft.jar to be removed. Make sure that's done too.
3. Mods won't work on SMP unless the mod is made to work with the Minecraft server program.

tehrozzy

Quote from: Scotty on January 18, 2011, 07:59:52 PM
Quote from: YayForLife on January 18, 2011, 07:32:05 PM
@scotty: whitelists brent vanilla nor hmod

Come again?
i mean that its not vanilla, and was a hmod addition, however many server wrappers that still work have whitelists.
Oh and brent was meant to be arent, stupid phone

11clock

Quote from: Snakeman on January 18, 2011, 09:33:20 PM
Quote from: 11clock on January 18, 2011, 08:42:55 PM

Rule of thumb(s) when screwing with mods:

1. Make sure the mod is confirmed to work with the latest Minecraft version. Otherwise, no dice.
2. For the most part, many mods require ModLoader, and ModLoader requires the META-INF folder in your minecraft.jar to be removed. Make sure that's done too.
3. Mods won't work on SMP unless the mod is made to work with the Minecraft server program.

I am aware of those.

Trogdor

I've mainly just been messing around with texture packs for the past few days, and really like the Quandary and Doku's RPG ones. The only thing that bothers me with the latter is that the glass isn't completely transparent with those wooden dowls running across it, but I love the overall feel of it. Anyone have any other suggestions for me to try out? I've heard good things from Painterly, but never have tried it out for myself.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.