News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

My house! :D What do you guys think?

Inside view :P

My mining station :O

EpicPhailure

This economy needs even pricing, or at least a baseline of what resources should be. Yesterday, Ray was selling iron ingots for 15 each, and Chaos was buying them for like, 350 or something. Really now?

Seifer

We already know that Chaos's theory for what prices should be are arbitrary at best. Making baseline prices is silly anyways. The market will eventually stabilize, give it time.

ARTgames

I also agree with soupp.

Scotty

Quote from: EpicPhailure on March 24, 2011, 09:22:40 PM
This economy needs even pricing, or at least a baseline of what resources should be. Yesterday, Ray was selling iron ingots for 15 each, and Chaos was buying them for like, 350 or something. Really now?

There's no way to enforce it.  Ray is screwing himself out of cash, and will figure that out soon enough when someone rapes his inventory.

11clock

My shop randomly disappeared. I lost all of the shop items. :(

Chaos

350 is a whole lot more than the 65 I'm actually buying it for...  Either way, as Scott said, he's screwing himself out of money.  All his iron ingots were bought out almost immediately.  Economy 101.  As Seifer stated, the economy will stabilize itself naturally that way.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

RayRay

Quote from: Scotty on March 24, 2011, 09:41:22 PM

There's no way to enforce it.  Ray is screwing himself out of cash, and will figure that out soon enough when someone rapes his inventory.
Just as you know, I'm really good at Minecraft. REALLY good. My money on this server gives me a little boost and gives everyone a bigger boost. I can practically make everything I need down in my house's mine. I made an auto cactus machine and might put it on a public chest somewhere in Newarc. The cactus doesn't take much effort; all you have to do is sit at the collecting bin, and then when you finish doing something else, you'll find 500 cactus in your inventory. Everything else takes effort and goes into my shop, but I don't need money that much, (figuring that I might lower the price for diamond) so... yeah.

Also I was hoping I could sell Bread to McDonalds, figuring that resturants in real life import food stock...

INSIDE EDIT:
Quote from: 11clock on March 25, 2011, 08:13:22 PM
My shop randomly disappeared. I lost all of the shop items. :(
Aww, that's too bad. I was planning to get redstone from you. :(

INSIDE EDIT 2: Very well-stated summary, Chaos.

11clock

I am requesting for the shop items I lost.

64 redstone
20 redstone torches
20 noteblocks
10 redstone repeaters
10 levers
10 stone buttons
10 wooden pressure plates
10 stone pressure plates

EDIT: The server isn't allowing me to create a new shop because TheClockShop apparently already exists.

EpicPhailure

Not enough shops for me to exploit :l

Oh, and my own PhailedShop, situated on the third floor of my house, is selling cheap food, as well as leather and misc. raw materials. Also, buying iron ingots at a reasonable price.

And yellow flowers. Yes.

Trogdor

Ugh, when Scott restarted the server, it screwed with our money. I have the same amount as I did yesterday, despite having sold items and accumulating some amount of wealth until said restart. My stock is still missing though, which means whoever bought it got it basically for free. Mystery, for some reason, has 2500b even though he had 0 before the server was restarted... Broken plugin is broken.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

ARTgames

Same. This is the third time my money has reset that I can tell. Its always ends up being a value that I think I had in the past once. I am not really going to participate in the economy if this keeps going on.

crozier

Quote from: 11clock on March 24, 2011, 08:47:56 PM
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/550285
Crappy video the first time I watched it.
I don't know. I just don't like this video.

RayRay

Does the money even save in his hard drive?

Scott said that the game is running on memory, so my guess is that our money is on memory only.

ARTgames

Well I have no idea how money plug in works but I would assume that it would have to save some time. I mean the server cant run for ever. And scotti does backup his ram disk so it should be ok.

I guess its more of how the plug in works that is the problem.