News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sayers6

Every time I try your server Igu, I have trouble with connecting, or staying on it :/

Freeforall

The update looks really awesome. Nobody knows when it is going to be released?

Mystery

Ugh, critical hits and a health meter, 2 of the things I absolutely DIDN'T want in Minecraft.

I'm really not that excited about the update. I dislike how unfinished things such as slimeballs have been looked over in favor of completely new content.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Chaos

Quote from: Mystery on July 20, 2011, 04:30:33 PM
Ugh, critical hits and a health meter, 2 of the things I absolutely DIDN'T want in Minecraft.

I'm really not that excited about the update. I dislike how unfinished things such as slimeballs have been looked over in favor of completely new content.

Hey, they can  be used to make sticky pistons, at least. :3
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Freeforall

I have a great idea.

Okay we all know this combination:

Well, I was thinking the same thing with Slimeballs to make a Slimey Block, which would be slippery.
What do you guys think? :D

Mystery

Quote from: Chaos on July 20, 2011, 04:37:31 PM

Forgot completely about sticky pistons, I haven't played in a while. Yeah, that's a good use.  :P

I'd just like to see the old stuff finished before new things come.

Freeforall

Quote from: Mystery on July 20, 2011, 04:52:09 PM
Quote from: Chaos on July 20, 2011, 04:37:31 PM

Forgot completely about sticky pistons, I haven't played in a while. Yeah, that's a good use.  :P

I'd just like to see the old stuff finished before new things come.
What did you think of my idea? :c

Chaos

Actually, I'd love it if you could use the slimeballs to make sticky blocks as well.  You know, Sticky Cobble, Sticky Wood.  So, when you push a line of blocks to make a hidden wall, you can pull that line of blocks back with the sticky piston, not just the first one attached :T

Edit: @FFA: That would pretty much be the same thing as ice.  Though, since you can't actually MAKE Ice, I don't see why not.

Personally, as far as improving combat goes, I think we need a shield armour slot.  When you have a sword out, the left click would swing it, the right click would raise your equipped shield. :x
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

11clock

Not a big fan of critical hits. That would bring luck into the combat. NOT a good thing. Imagine dying to a critical hit and if it wasn't a critical you would of lived. This is normally okay in RPGs if the critical hit isn't something outrageous, but definitively not in Minecraft.

Also, Terraria is doing something similar. Ugh. -_-

Freeforall

Any update that completely changes the feel of the game is dangerous :/ I hope Notch doesn't go overboard with it.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Chaos on July 20, 2011, 04:55:12 PM

Personally, as far as improving combat goes, I think we need a shield armour slot.  When you have a sword out, the left click would swing it, the right click would raise your equipped shield. :x

Minecraft more like OblivionCraft.

Cactuscat222

Hmm, well I'm excited about the update, and even critical strikes. They have been a staple of RPG's for a good amount of time now, and it adds a bit of variety to combat. It doesn't remove any "skill" per se, because if you can't land a hit in the first place, you aren't going to gain a critical hit. I understand the idea that it does add luck to part of combat and how people don't like that so much, but I'm not so opposed to that in the first place (because to me it just makes things more interesting :P).

I've been waiting since last year waiting for him to improve the Adventure portion of this game, and now he is finally doing it!

Of course, Notch also mentioned coming with the update would be the option to choose between Creative and Adventure modes.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

EpicPhailure

Mystery

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 20, 2011, 05:41:07 PM
http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/146-notch-reveals-leveling-and-permadeath/

He has yet to reveal the incentive for leveling.
This is another thing I don't want. I really don't think it'd be suitable whatsoever for vanilla, mods are fine if you like that as an addition.

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on July 20, 2011, 05:36:02 PM
Hmm, well I'm excited about the update, and even critical strikes. They have been a staple of RPG's for a good amount of time now, and it adds a bit of variety to combat. It doesn't remove any "skill" per se, because if you can't land a hit in the first place, you aren't going to gain a critical hit. I understand the idea that it does add luck to part of combat and how people don't like that so much, but I'm not so opposed to that in the first place (because to me it just makes things more interesting :P).
I have NO problem about the player getting criticals, since I'm sure there will be considerably stronger monsters. I do have a problem with the monsters getting critical hits. If your player had a bigger standard life bar (15 hearts or so), it wouldn't be as much of an issue for me, but for now, the player can't take much damage.

I am really dreading this update as of late.

EDIT:
Quote from: Freeforall on July 20, 2011, 05:26:24 PM
Any update that completely changes the feel of the game is dangerous :/ I hope Notch doesn't go overboard with it.
You hit the nail on the head.

Freeforall

I don't quite understand this Permadeath thing.. :/