News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House

what times do you play i can help

Freeforall

Quote from: House on August 08, 2011, 03:39:28 AM
what times do you play i can help
Just pretty much whenever I have time ^^ Not really any specific times. Usually at night though.

futilehavok

I cant wait for 1.8!  It looks sweet.

Freeforall

Same here :)

EDIT: Can someone please tell me what Advance OpenGL is? It's in the video options, but I don't notice a difference when enabling it.

Also, I made this in about 15 minutes with my new program :)

Another edit :)

Freeforall

Nobody has posted on this in a long time, and I have edited my last post 6 times already and it's annoying.

My private server town:

Hill side village

Bridge connecting to the next island. WIP

Texture pack: LB Photorealism 64x64

DeamonClawz

So I read the interview they had with Jeb, and apparently survival mode won't be around anymore. :( I really hope the new modes make up for this. I am also excited for structures and NPC's. I can play DC The Conqueror and make TNT cannons and bring 'em to their knees.

Freeforall

Quote from: DeamonClawz on August 23, 2011, 04:16:17 PM
So I read the interview they had with Jeb, and apparently survival mode won't be around anymore. :( I really hope the new modes make up for this. I am also excited for structures and NPC's. I can play DC The Conqueror and make TNT cannons and bring 'em to their knees.
No survival mode? What exactly does that mean?

Cactuscat222

I assume "Adventure Mode" or whatever they call it, will be replacing Survival, as it is right now. I mean, it'll still be the same thing, just with some new mechanics now and more of an emphasis on exploring rather than just bunkering away at night.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Mystery

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on August 23, 2011, 08:29:27 PM

I assume "Adventure Mode" or whatever they call it, will be replacing Survival, as it is right now. I mean, it'll still be the same thing, just with some new mechanics now and more of an emphasis on exploring rather than just bunkering away at night.
I assumed at some point Adventure Mode was where you could enter a map and be unable to alter specified parts of the world, if not all of it, for things like world edited maps. :(
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Freeforall

If they completely alter the game, I may not like it. I REALLY hope they have this in a separate game mode.

Off topic: Left side of my chest hurts really bad.

Chaos

Debunked.

Quote"_ganzi_ Ruairi Madden
@jeb_ i saw a recent interview with you on minecraft forum and you said that there will b no survival after 1.8??? Could you plz explain?
15 hours ago"

Quote"jeb_ Jens Bergensten
@_ganzi_ Uh, what interview was that?
15 hours ago"

Quote"_ganzi_ Ruairi Madden
@jeb_ minecraftforum.net/topic/569909-a? the interviewer asked will survival exist after 1.8 and you said no you dont think so?
15 hours ago"

Quote"jeb_ Jens Bergensten
@_ganzi_ Aha, I interpreted the question as if the *current* kind of survival mode will remain, and it wont since we're changing it now
14 hours ago"

And after reading the interview, I can see why:

QuoteMCF: There have been many questions regarding the future of Survival as it exists currently - will it exist in any form after 1.8?

Jeb: I don't think so.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Celson

Also to add to what Chaos was saying...

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Adventure

"Currently, focus on adventure is an update to the base game, not a separate mode.[2]. This "Adventure Update" should not be confused with the possible Adventure Mode itself."

DeamonClawz

Oh, so the current Survival Mode will probably be improved at least. That's a relief.

RayRay

It said that maps as well as buttons, levers, and anything redstone powering can be programmable. Does that mean more rules to redstone, or can you program in some sort of editor?

Chaos

If you look at the citation, it's stating that redstone programming will work in the "Adventure Mode" that is eventually released, just as it does in "Survival Mode".  Cel's link is talking about the eventual "Adventure Mode", NOT the coming Adventure update, aka 1.8, which is merely adding more stuff to make adventuring in the world more exciting.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster