News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

I won't be updating to 1.0.0 until Optifine mod updates to it.

11clock

I can't log into Minecraft.net. It says I have an incorrect username or password. :/

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to log in.

11clock

I'm having troubles already. My first instinct in the original Minecraft days was to find a nice hill to build my house into. Now there isn't a hill in sight. I don't want to build a house in the open, either. That would be difficult to defend against monsters. I attempted to dig downwards, but I started to hear skeletons.

Freeforall

Quote from: 11clock on November 19, 2011, 09:52:22 AM
I'm having troubles already. My first instinct in the original Minecraft days was to find a nice hill to build my house into. Now there isn't a hill in sight. I don't want to build a house in the open, either. That would be difficult to defend against monsters. I attempted to dig downwards, but I started to hear skeletons.
I still haven't even updated yet. Maybe you should build your house in the sky :O It's a little impractical, but you should try it :)

11clock

Quote from: Freeforall on November 19, 2011, 10:05:58 AM
Quote from: 11clock on November 19, 2011, 09:52:22 AM
I still haven't even updated yet. Maybe you should build your house in the sky :O It's a little impractical, but you should try it :)

Already on it. I found really tall tree and climbed on top of it to get a better view of the landscape. It's basically just a bunch of trees on flat land. I decided to build a house on top of the tree, seeing that I would be pretty safe from anything on the tree (other than skeletons). Didn't have time to build anything, so I'm hiding in a hole for the first night.

EDIT: This is getting ridiculous. I had a bad start and decided to start fresh, but every time I make a new world I see something like this, and it deosn't go away, even after quitting and reloading.

Chaos

Quitting out of the map, or quitting out of the game entirely?  Also, what's your render distance set to?
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

11clock

Quote from: Chaos on November 19, 2011, 11:59:30 AM
Quitting out of the map, or quitting out of the game entirely?  Also, what's your render distance set to?

Quitting out of the map. My render distance is set to Normal.

EDIT: Restarted the game and the problem appears to be gone. Look what I found right next to my spawn!

Chaos

That appeared to be a problem that's happened to me when  Minecraft is about to 'run out of memory', though that only happens to me if I play on "Far".
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

RayRay

I'm surprised my computer has more than enough memory to go beyond Far with a framerate above 20. I guess installing 64 bit really did help.

Not much seems new because I was playing the prereleases. But the wiki said it takes 10 seconds to mine obsidian now. To me it was 1 second.

As of now, I can't find a dang Nether stronghold so I can make Eyes of Ender to go into The End. And yes, I'm playing legitimately.

11clock

I noticed something new about creepers. They don't seem to cancel their countdown when you move out of range, making them nearly impossible to kill with a sword.

Freeforall

Quote from: RayRay on November 19, 2011, 12:47:27 PM
I'm surprised my computer has more than enough memory to go beyond Far with a framerate above 20. I guess installing 64 bit really did help.

Not much seems new because I was playing the prereleases. But the wiki said it takes 10 seconds to mine obsidian now. To me it was 1 second.

As of now, I can't find a dang Nether stronghold so I can make Eyes of Ender to go into The End. And yes, I'm playing legitimately.
Obsidian is easier to mine? I thought the whole point of it was to protect against griefing :/. And RayRay, use Optifine mod! I used to get around 10 FPS on far, now I can play with about 40. I play on normal with a 128x texture pack with 30 FPS, 256x with ~20 FPS.

RayRay

Quote from: Freeforall on November 20, 2011, 03:38:33 PM
Quote from: RayRay on November 19, 2011, 12:47:27 PM

Obsidian is easier to mine? I thought the whole point of it was to protect against griefing :/. And RayRay, use Optifine mod! I used to get around 10 FPS on far, now I can play with about 40. I play on normal with a 128x texture pack with 30 FPS, 256x with ~20 FPS.
Is it for 1.0.0? I get around 50 fps with Far, anyways. I was just saying that I used a setting called Very Far (AdventureCraft), and I got 20 fps.

ARTgames

igufed

As soon as MCEdit works with 1.0 generated maps, my server should be good to go again.

New map has been started, spawn area has been created.  Just waiting for MCedit so I can move the spawn back to the original place.

The server will be what I've always hosted; a vanilla server on survival mode.  No mods. Don't ask me to use any mods.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Chaos

The RPG server I've been talking about is still on iffy ground at this point.  I need to talk to Scott about whether he's still willing to host it, and I still gotta wait for Bukkit to get updated for 1.0.
Jake says: