News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online's Second Game Tournament

Started by crozier, October 02, 2010, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crozier

Back on the hangout, the first Stick Online Game Tournament encouraged the members of Stick Online to test their programming skills among their friends. This was a success.
I hope many of you enter, just to show how much you have learned over the years. And I encourage any game maker, who didn't participate in the last tourney, to try their best and create something gamers will say, "Wow, this guy is new to making games?" or, "I heard of this guy. He?s pretty good!"

Some Specific Rules
1. Anyone is eligible to participate, even 'newbs.' But please keep it T or under so it does not offend anyone.
2. Games cannot be completed less than 1 week of the time this is posted. I do not mind if you have started on a game already. But if it already done you cannot post it here. Any screenshots, videos, game concepts, etc: CAN be posted to show if you are working on your project. It is highly encouraged that you stay in contact with this topic, so we know you haven't left.
3. You are allowed to claim a game genre like a ninja fighting dinosaur race game. You must get down to specifics about this. If you want to do something along the lines of something that is already claimed, change it up a little. Perhaps a ninja fighting Jet Ski battle, or cyborg race, would work.
4. Put effort into your game. Do something you are proud of.
5. Once I have 7 people complete there game, I will set the time left to finish at two weeks.
6. Games must be made by the creator. The exception to this rule is music. Minimal amounts of people know how to create music, and don?t have the programs to do so. The composer MUST be credited for his or her work!
7. You are only allowed to present one game to be judged.
Judging Rules
1. There will be an odd number of judges. 7/9/11 would be best so there are no ties in the final judging.
2.  You MUST have an opinion on why you voted said way. If you give a game a 9 and say ,?It?s fun? and go about your day drinking milk and cookies thinking nothing of your decision on why you rated the game a 9, you will no longer be an official judge.
3. Judges can rate on a 0-10 scale. 0 being a complete waste of my time and a 10 being I would buy this game.
4. After the time is up (See #5 on rules) judges will pm me stating the results of the specific categories.  There overall rating will be posted in the topic alongside their thoughts on the game.

Specific Categories:
Best Overall game- this is the average of the scores that the judges post.
Honorable Mentioned- the second highest scoring game.
Most Inventive- the most unique and non-repetitive game deserves this spot.
Loveliest Graphics- the game with the most appealing graphics gets this award.
Best Programming- any game that is very smooth and feels good, depending on the judge?s taste.
Best Sound- the game with clean sound or music gets ?Best Sound?.
Time Killer?s Golden Star- any game that keeps you sucked in (aka addictive) will get this spot.

Current Judges:
Chief Judge crozier, in charge of adding scores.
1. Mystery
2. Chaos
3. Scotty
4. Lucifer
5. Jackabomb

Current Participants:  

11clock's game: Blockster II http://www.box.net/shared/3z44b7738l
T-Rok's game:
Cactuscat222's game:
Jake's game:
Pinball's game:
Matty_Richo's game: Frustration http://www.failgames.tk/games/Frustration.exe
Joel's game:
Cherrypie's game:

Assassininja

Question: Is there any limitation on the tools we can use to create the game?

crozier

No current regulations.
I suggest game maker as it is easy to learn and makes fun and sometimes very challenging games.
Many of the members know of GM and it would be fair for all if we all used the same program.
Do you suggest that I change the rules and add that GM must be used?

Assassininja

I don't really have a preference either way, I was just wondering because some people feel that using tools other than GM automatically make better games than GM, and therefore give and unfair advantage (which is untrue, by the way).

Jake

I might join.

Just an fyi, having an odd number of judges won't stop tied votes because it's using a scale system. Having an even number of judges is just as likely to yield a tied score.

Cactuscat222

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

xCoCex

I'd join, but I don't understand WHAT for a game we should make now.
It would be cool, if theres a rule like:
"In Your game have to be
- a Stickman
- mattress
- Meiun"

Its just an example and so you had to use your imagination and It would be
FUN!
(Try to ignore my grammatic.)
BA hunting started 6.10.10 - ...
BAs killed: 48
Gold: 39
Spire Dagger: 0
Bandit Cover: 0
Bandit Mask: 6
Dagger: 3

crozier

Quote from: Jake on October 03, 2010, 02:54:21 AM
Just an fyi, having an odd number of judges won't stop tied votes because it's using a scale system. Having an even number of judges is just as likely to yield a tied score.
Not for the other parts of the compitition. I don't think I made it clear when judges are voting for a sub catagory, you dont score it. Like the judges would say "Lovliest Graphics: Cactuscat's game Turn Table Madness." If it was even, there is a possibility for a tie.

And at assassin, yes games produced with things other then GM can be better, but more skills are needed. It all depeneds on who is behind the screen and what they know.

And at CoCe, in my opinion people should be able to do whatever they like.

I am also glad people are intrested.

Assassininja

Mystery

Since I can't code anything to save my life, and I was a judge on the competition before this one, I'd like to reapply to be a judge, if that's alright with you, crozier.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

crozier

Of couce it is Mystery.
Ok Assassininja. I will add people to the participants when they have shown development.

11clock

Alright, I'm joining this. I already have a game in progress though. I may enter Blockster 2, or probably some cool small game.

Forum

I will enter if i ever find my old game maker file. Cuz yrs ago i tried making a game that was like stick online.
Officially quitted

crozier

Ok I know clock is working on the game so Im gonna add him.

@sword ok. You can make a new game though.

Chaos

I'd like to express my interest in being a judge once again.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster