News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Android Apps

Started by Matty_Richo, October 11, 2010, 02:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_Richo

Android is pretty much the latest and best in mobile technology and I thought I'd make a topic here to see who else has Android and some notable apps they have found.
I'll kick it off:
Pirates and Traders (Free)
This is probably my favourite game so far on my Samsung Galaxy S, it's pretty much a mobile version of Sid Meier's Pirates.

Shoot U! ($1.19 AUD)
Just a fun little arcade game where you try and shoot these little ragdolls into some large object.

Ebay (Free)
As an Ebay user I love this app, especially since my network provider gives me unlimited use of it.

Adobe Photoshop Express (Free)
Just a cool little image editor for doing basic things with pictures.

jackel1994

ringdroid free (allows you to make whatever ringtones you want)
save mms free (saves pics and vids people send you)
shazam free (hear a song on the radio and u liek it? now u know what it is using this)
ak notepad free (notes and sticky notes)

Lingus

Being that I just got a Droid X, and this is the first time I have had a smart phone, I've been looking at all of the different apps that can help make my life easier.

So far, the biggest one is also the simplest. AK Notepad. It's very simple. You add notes, and it opens up a notepad like interface, and you type. The great thing is that it's so simple. There's no complicated nonsense to distract you from what you're trying to do: Take notes. This works like a second brain for me. Anything I think of while out and about I can write down and forget knowing that I can look it up later.

I also tested out a bunch of task list or to do list type apps. The one I found was the best, again for its simplicity, was called Noodles. I found one that looked like it might provide a lot of features, such as bulleted/numbered lists, spreadsheet formats, etc., but it was so complicated I couldn't even figure it out.

Pandora obviously.

Yelp has a cool tool called Monocle. It uses your camera, and adds a layer on that shows the store along with rating, etc when you point in the direction of the store. Kind of more flash than substance, but it's cool either way.

I'm using Aldiko as an ereader. It's pretty decent. Has a good display and is easy to import .epub files. If anyone has one that is better let me know. If you go to Gutenberg Project's mobile site (m.gutenberg.org) it basically acts like an app (one of the best mobile sites I've seen) and it lets you download .epub files for free for books that the copywrite has expired (like old classics).

Timeriffic lets you set different schedules for different settings. I use it to turn on and off notifications for when I'm sleeping.

MSN Talk is no the official Microsoft app, but it's more stable. The official MSN app basically crashes when you leave it, so you don't ever really get notifications. With MSN Talk you can leave it and have your phone in your pocket and get notifications like you would with text messaging.

Talk, the default Google IM app that comes with the phone works great. I was already on Google and used the chat function on my computer. This is just that on my phone which is great.

Listen, also from google. Haven't played around too much, but it's basically a podcast type of deal. But, it's Google, so it integrates well with all of my other Google account stuff. You're supposed to be able to manage your subscriptions on Google Reader. So that's cool.

Oh, and btw, all of these are free. I have yet to spend any money on apps.