News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes!

Started by Yankyal, October 13, 2010, 06:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankyal

Share them here you cockgobblers  8). Here are some of mine.
"To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."
-William Blake

"Cowards die many times before their deaths,
The valiant never taste of death but once."
-Julius Caesar

?Whenever I?m about to do something, I think, ?Would an idiot do that?? And if they would, I do not do that thing.?
-Dwight

"I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul."
-William Earnest Henley

"DO THE IMPOSSIBLE, SEE THE INVISIBLE
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
TOUCH THE UNTOUCHABLE, BREAK THE UNBREAKABLE
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER"
-Libera me from Hell (song from TTGL)

"I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"
- Rocky Balboa

And I apologize if this thread has been made already, I didn't see any on the first 2 pages.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

DarkTrinity

"lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster"
-Jake

"I'm not artistic in any way"
"I am. I've taken like, every art class under the sun"
"I can draw a stick man, does that count?"
"It's your artistic vision of anorexia, just tell people it's on purpose ;D "
-Alex & some kid from Lunia

"There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last.
There's only us. There's only this.
Forget regret, or life is your to miss.
No other road, no other way. No day but today."
-Rent, the movie.

Christa: "You hypochondriac"
Erin: "I'm not afraid of spiders!"
-(2 of my friends)

Mr Pwnage

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate.
Vince Lombardi

Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.
Vince Lombardi

Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price.
Vince Lombardi

Fatigue makes cowards of us all.
Vince Lombardi

Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
Vince Lombardi

I don't think there's a punch-line scheduled, is there?
Vince Lombardi

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
Vince Lombardi

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi

If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.
Vince Lombardi

If you can accept losing, you can't win.
Vince Lombardi

Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
Vince Lombardi

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.
Vince Lombardi

It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.
Vince Lombardi

Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile.
Vince Lombardi

Leaders aren't born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal.
Vince Lombardi

Once you agree upon the price you and your family must pay for success, it enables you to ignore the minor hurts, the opponent's pressure, and the temporary failures.
Vince Lombardi

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
Vince Lombardi

People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.
Vince Lombardi

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Vince Lombardi

Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
Vince Lombardi

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing-the result.
Vince Lombardi

Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.
Vince Lombardi

Success demands singleness of purpose.
Vince Lombardi

Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
Vince Lombardi

The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual.
Vince Lombardi

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
Vince Lombardi

The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.
Vince Lombardi

The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.
Vince Lombardi

The leader can never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert.
Vince Lombardi

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
Vince Lombardi

The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Vince Lombardi

The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.
Vince Lombardi

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
Vince Lombardi

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it.
Vince Lombardi

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game and that is first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay and I never want to finish second again.
Vince Lombardi

We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time.
Vince Lombardi

We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.
Vince Lombardi

Winners never quit and quitters never win.
Vince Lombardi

Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
Vince Lombardi

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
Vince Lombardi

Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is.
Vince Lombardi

Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything.
Vince Lombardi

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
Vince Lombardi
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

HamsterPants

Quote from: Yankyal on October 13, 2010, 06:37:56 PM
"DO THE IMPOSSIBLE, SEE THE INVISIBLE
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
TOUCH THE UNTOUCHABLE, BREAK THE UNBREAKABLE
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER"
-Libera me from Hell (song from TTGL)
I still owe you for introducing me to that series...

And in the spirit of that, here's one of my favorite quotes.

"We evolve beyond the person we were a minute before! Little by little we advance further with each turn! That?s the way a drill works!" - TTGL (Final Episode)

God-I-Suck

"A chain is only as strong as its weakest link." - Unknown

Lucifer

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club.

"The things you own end up owning you." -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club.

"It's not living alone if you keep a rifle under the bed." -Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters.

"Which is worse: Hell or nothing?" -Chuck Palahniuk.

Scotty

"B****!! Get in the kitchen and make me a ham sandwich!" - Me!

DarkTrinity

"You got us kicked out of the garden of Eden you gullible bitch, you owe us!" -Scotty

(not sure if it's the exact quote, but it's close enough ;P)

Scotty

Quote from: DarkTrinity on October 17, 2010, 08:59:45 PM
"You got us kicked out of the garden of Eden you gullible bitch, you owe us!" -Scotty

(not sure if it's the exact quote, but it's close enough ;P)

That's always one of my favorites!

troyowns

My view on trust is huge. I can't trust anyone at all. Because whenever i do, and they lie to me, it breaks my heart and i can't be their friend anymore. So now on i can only believe them for that one instance. So i won't be so heartbroken when they lie. - Troy

i think so far outside of the box, i enter a new one. - Troy

''Everyone thinks the same, and has the same mindset as everyone else, but we just try to alter it and change it to fit what we want to be, and what we want others to think about us, but truely we are all the same mindset.'' -Troy

Open your eyes and you will see everything possible, just make sure not to blink. - Troy

Don't judge a book by its cover, especially if you're not going to have the time to read it anyways. - Troy

I shall tear open your heart with the sharpest points in the world, my thoughts. -Troy

Jackabomb

"...But, remember, no matter how much exercise he does, every morning he may wake up and find that somebody else is stronger. Some days, that somebody will be you. Many days, it won't. For everything you can do, son, there is someone out there who can do it better."-My Dad to me on feeling bad about my physical fitness.

"Wake up. Nobody will remember your for who your ancestors were or weren't. They're dead. You will be remembered(for better, for worse, or not at all), for the things you do, the people you meet, but above all, how you treat them and whom you serve."-Me to myself at the end of a period of obsession over my ancestry.

"It's just superglue and a hacksaw, surely you aren't impressed by that?" "My friend, my experience in such matters goes as far as whittling a stick. Cutting through metal is most impressive from my point of view."-My friend and I on working with one's hands.

"Plans are for those who believe they are smart enough to chart their own course through life"-Myself to a classmate on plans after high school, defending my undecided position.

Cactuscat222

I guess this is the toot your own horn topic now.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Jackabomb

Just because I post 3 quotes that I think may be the most eloquent sentences that I've ever concocted and I deemed more than worthy of mention? I must disagree.

Scotty

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on October 18, 2010, 01:12:33 AM
I guess this is the toot your own horn topic now.

I am pretty much a big deal!

Jake

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if their be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear" - Thomas Jefferson

‎"We avoid risks in life so we can make it to death safely" - Unknown

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Unknown