News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

NEW SO icon

Started by JninjaJ, October 30, 2010, 11:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterPants

Quote from: Seifer on October 31, 2010, 03:24:02 PM
Yes! Thanks. Looks much better now.

That's something magical right there.

Aqua

Looks great, Pin!
~Aqua

Lucifer

I'm not sure I get the "It's not Hammer Online" comment. The icon for Minecraft is a dirt block, is that supposed to mean it's "dirt" online? The hammer is just a symbol, iconic of the actual Wooden Hammer which is and always has been a very popular item. On that note, if we're trying to go for an image that doesn't represent "Hammer Online" we're failing miserably here, almost half of the suggestions thus far have been a recolor of the same nonexistent wooden-stone hammer.

I'd agree with Chaos on the liking Cero's the most for originality's sake, it includes a stick man, and the actual wooden hammer. It's a bit too flashy though, and I think the SO font is Jester? Correct me if I'm wrong.

@Matty
Oh ok, wasn't sure if it did or not.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Lucifer on November 01, 2010, 01:56:39 PM
I think the SO font is Jester? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It is, however I don't believe that icon uses Jester too.

havok

Luca i think we all know that the hammer icon is just a icon, but i think they are all trying to say they would like something that represents SO . and i don't  see any harm in changing the logo for v3 to something that is more on the baseline of so.

however i can see why we would keep the hammer, cuz it's the origanal. A update and better graphics (paint) would be nice tho :P

Mystery

I'm not sure I get the "It's not Hammer Online" comment. The icon for Minecraft is a dirt block, is that supposed to mean it's "dirt" online?
A major part of Minecraft is the ability to remove and place blocks(and obviously that the entire WORLD is made up of blocks like that), the icon for Minecraft conveys that.

The hammer is just a symbol, iconic of the actual Wooden Hammer which is and always has been a very popular item.
That doesn't exactly look like the Wooden Hammer. It's a hammer, sure, but it's sure not a hammer that's in the game. It doesn't even look like the Stone Hammer. (I'm not going to get into the differences between the inventory icon and the actual weapon, because that's another flaw, but something less relevant and hopefully something that will be fixed for every item in v3.)

On that note, if we're trying to go for an image that doesn't represent "Hammer Online" we're failing miserably here, almost half of the suggestions thus far have been a recolor of the same nonexistent wooden-stone hammer.

I'd agree with Chaos on the liking Cero's the most for originality's sake, it includes a stick man, and the actual wooden hammer. It's a bit too flashy though, and I think the SO font is Jester? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Like you said, Cero's icon is incredibly good. It doesn't exactly fit the style, too flashy, but with some reworking, I could definitely see that as an icon for v3. (...assuming the Wooden Hammer is in the game...)

Quote from: havok on November 02, 2010, 09:27:56 AM
however i can see why we would keep the hammer, cuz it's the origanal. A update and better graphics (paint) would be nice tho :P
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the icon for SOv1 was different. I wouldn't know, seeing as I wasn't around this community then.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

havok

Quote from: Mystery on November 02, 2010, 02:38:20 PM

Quote from: havok on November 02, 2010, 09:27:56 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the icon for SOv1 was different. I wouldn't know, seeing as I wasn't around this community then.

i have no clue i started right it v2 :P if any one knows i would like to know :p i was just saying if we kept the same logo i could see why but i would like it to look better just for the game and new comers

Pinball

Quote from: havok on November 02, 2010, 02:42:58 PM
i have no clue i started right it v2 :P if any one knows i would like to know :p
It's the same icon from SOv1.

havok

ty :) that back my post up