News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Pet Peeves

Started by Yankyal, October 31, 2010, 09:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankyal

List your pet peeves.

-When people walk in my room, then leave, and don't close the door. Or don't close it completely.
-Chewing loudly.
-If I am walking in the hallways and people in front of me suddenly stop to talk to their friends. If this shit continues when I am a senior, I will toss people out of the way.
-Chewing loudly
-Chewing loudly. Seriously people, cut it out.
-"Why are you so quiet?"
-Attention whoring. You wouldn't believe the stuff I see on facebook. This guy today made 5-6 posts rambling about how useless he was, just begging for compliments. No.
-People who are easily offended.
-People misunderstanding my pacifism for being a bitch. I may not hit you but this plateful of food can still make contact with your face.

Your turn!
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

HamsterPants

I have no minor annoyances(or if I do, I deal with it). My annoyances are linked directly to societies in general.

Scotty

• People
  • Chewing Loudly
  • Women who don't swallow
  • People
  • Drivers who don't understand that the far left lane is for passing, and passing only
  • People
  • Mr. Pwnage
  • People
  • Talking to yourself all the damn time while you work
  • People
  • ignorance
  • People
  • Sarah Palin
  • People
  • Women who don't bring me ham sandwiches and beer on command

I could go on all day!

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Yankyal on October 31, 2010, 09:11:20 PM
List your pet peeves.

-When people walk in my room, then leave, and don't close the door. Or don't close it completely.
Yes, this bothers me endlessly too, my sister does it constantly.

-If I am walking in the hallways and people in front of me suddenly stop to talk to their friends. If this shit continues when I am a senior, I will toss people out of the way.
It will continue while you're a senior and it will even occur in college. I frequently find myself wanting to plow people down. Along with the "gangsters" with their "swagger" who walk slow because their pants are falling down.

-"Why are you so quiet?"
I've been asked this too, even got asked at a funeral....... My general response: "I'm always quiet"

-Attention whoring. You wouldn't believe the stuff I see on facebook. This guy today made 5-6 posts rambling about how useless he was, just begging for compliments. No.
Expanding on this, people who also share waay too much info about their personal life, like if you're having relationship issues, you really don't need to make 5 posts about it within an hour.

Some more pet peeves of mine....
-people who are incredibly close-minded(about gay people, races, religion, etc.)
-when people claim your artwork as their own
-when people repeat things from a movie right after it was just said
-when people take my food or take food off my plate without asking
-when people try to read text messages over my shoulder
-having to write pages to answer a question when it can be answered in a paragraph
-when people joke about suicide(more specifically, joking about wanting to commit suicide)
-when people interrupt you in the middle of saying something
-people who are outright rude or make big deals over little things
-when people ask what I want to do with my life(what I WANT to do and what I'm GOING to do are different things..)
-when people say something they think is really funny then burst out laughing, when it wasn't that funny. Then I feel obligated to give a little laugh.

I have soooo many pet peeves its ridiculous.... But I usually just deal with it and say nothing. Basically it's ignorant, close minded, rude, self-absorbed, nosy people... that sums up most of my pet peeves.

Jackabomb

Quote from: Dark Trinity-If I am walking in the hallways and people in front of me suddenly stop to talk to their friends. If this shit continues when I am a senior, I will toss people out of the way.
It will continue while you're a senior and it will even occur in college. I frequently find myself wanting to plow people down. Along with the "gangsters" with their "swagger" who walk slow because their pants are falling down.
^THIS ALL THE WAY!!! Especially the part about "gangsters".
I'm probably just being close-minded(....), but those people annoy me to no end. Even if they're just standing there. I try to avoid talking to them and anyone acting, walking, talking, or looking like(literally, the way that they are looking at things, their facial expression) them.
I do hate it when people go slowly in the hallways. I will actually jog in place when I'm in a congested intersection and will start running as soon as I can. I really hate having to conform to other people's pace, mostly when I'm trying to get somewhere like a class that I really enjoy. Because of how frustrated this makes me, I try to be very fast in exiting my classes when the bell rings so I can get clear of the hallways and outside before they clog up. I've actually sprinted around the outside of the school twice the distance I might have walked on the inside just to be able run through the air. Ahhh...that sense of freedom...

Jake

-Narrow minded religious people who think Satan placed fossils on our earth to trick people into believing in evolution.

That's about it.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Jake on November 01, 2010, 02:17:17 AM
-Narrow minded religious people who think Satan placed fossils on our earth to trick people into believing in evolution.

That's about it.
Win.

Lucifer

Quote from: DarkTrinity on November 01, 2010, 10:26:03 AM
Quote from: Jake on November 01, 2010, 02:17:17 AM

That's about it.
Win.

But I d-...
Oh never mind...

Yankyal

Let's not get off topic here, militant atheism is also another pet peeve of mine but I did not list it to avoid silly flame wars.

foG

Ignorrant and stupid people.
And since germany is flooded by turkish people who refrain from even trying to integrate themselves (language, manners etc) I dislike them too.

Might sound racist but if you lived here you'd understand what I am trying to say..

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Jake

Quote from: Yankyal on November 01, 2010, 01:31:26 PM
Let's not get off topic here, militant atheism is also another pet peeve of mine but I did not list it to avoid silly flame wars.
-Militant atheism is a pet peeve of mine too, but it's important to recognize when that word should actually be used. Regardless, I don't think it's wrong to list it because no one here fits that description.

Scotty

Quote from: Jake on November 01, 2010, 03:05:39 PM
-Militant atheism is a pet peeve of mine too, but it's important to recognize when that word should actually be used. Regardless, I don't think it's wrong to list it because no one here fits that description.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militant_atheismJulian Baggini defines militant atheism as "Atheism which is actively hostile to religion", which "requires more than strong disagreement with religion ? it requires something verging on hatred and is characterised by a desire to wipe out all forms of religious belief. Militant atheists tend to make one or both of two claims that moderate atheists do not. The first is that religion is demonstrably false or nonsense and the second is that it is usually or always harmful."
I'd imagine one would be hard pressed to actually find someone this radical in their beliefs (or lack there of).

EDIT:  On second thought, Chaos can have some raging fits of ignorance sometimes that send even yours truly running for the purpose-built bomb-proof shelter...

Yankyal

Quote from: Scotty on November 01, 2010, 04:00:43 PM
Quote from: Jake on November 01, 2010, 03:05:39 PM

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militant_atheismJulian Baggini defines militant atheism as "Atheism which is actively hostile to religion", which "requires more than strong disagreement with religion ? it requires something verging on hatred and is characterised by a desire to wipe out all forms of religious belief. Militant atheists tend to make one or both of two claims that moderate atheists do not. The first is that religion is demonstrably false or nonsense and the second is that it is usually or always harmful."
I'd imagine one would be hard pressed to actually find someone this radical in their beliefs (or lack there of).

EDIT:  On second thought, Chaos can have some raging fits of ignorance sometimes that send even yours truly running for the purpose-built bomb-proof shelter...
...please don't start a flame war in my thread. I'd expect this from ebaumsworld or something, cmon people.

ARTgames

-Being off by one while programing something.

Chaos

-People who use words without knowing what they mean.  Such as the word 'ignorant'.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster