News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Pet Peeves

Started by Yankyal, October 31, 2010, 09:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on November 01, 2010, 05:09:13 PM
Is it just me who finds it funny that the woman in here has the most pet peeves?

:P

Or maybe because I'm the youngest in my family and am still treated as the baby of the family.

Oh yeah, another pet peeve:
-when my brother comes up and pokes me in the side even after I tell him to stop. (not Chaos, the other one..)

Jake

Quote from: crozier on November 01, 2010, 06:31:08 PM
Well I think its wrong to have problems with anyone's religon. But some of my Catholic buddies say that atheism is wrong, and I defend Atheism (even though I am Christian) as it is what they think counts. I frown apon my Catholic friends when they hate on this Atheist kid cause of his religion. Its just something that has grown on me.
If someones religion teaches values that go against my own morals, why can I not dislike it? That's like me saying that you shouldn't dislike the North American Man/Boy Love Association. If their beliefs are f-ed up, of course I'll dislike it, and possibly even the members who follow it.

And Atheism isn't a religion  ;)

Other pet peeves are...
-Lazy co-workers
-People that fulfill their stereotypes
-People who assume I'm fat and stupid because I'm American

Yankyal

-People who start conversations then stop replying after 3 messages.
-People who are passive aggressive
-People getting mad when I don't like their screamo bullshit music
-Professors/teachers who think their class is the only class I have
-People going out of their way to insult Justin Beiber, even when he is totally irrelevant
-"If evolution is real why are there still monkeys"
-When people use :) or (: after an insult they think is ice cold or well thought out.
-"I could care less"
-Hipsters
-People who cut themselves/commit self harm
-People mad when I don't care about the gay kids(or anyone for that matter) who commit suicide due to bullying, something everyone goes through and gets over
-When people keep whining about women dating other men, they usually describe themselves as "nice guys" etc.
-Extremely sunny days
-When having a fun debate, some idiot always thinks we're on the brink of killing each other and goes on and on about getting along and peace
-Attention seeking
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Jake

Quote from: Yankyal on November 01, 2010, 11:56:25 PM
-People mad when I don't care about the gay kids(or anyone for that matter) who commit suicide due to bullying, something everyone goes through and gets over
Unless you know the mindset of the person who killed themselves, !@#$ off. There are people who go through internal hell, and douche bags like you have no remorse because you think you can possibly even fathom the pain their in. Reality check, YOU CAN'T. Some people simply produce low serotonin in their brain, which is actually a medical issue, and shit like bullying and struggling with one's own sexuality makes it ten times harder to cope. Factor in the narrow minded shits in our society who don't approve of gays and you've got one confused kid who feels like the whole world hates him.

Listen to your own religion and leave the judgments to your all-loving God.

Yankyal

Quote from: Jake on November 02, 2010, 12:23:31 AM
Unless you know the mindset of the person who killed themselves, !@#$ off. There are people who go through internal hell, and douche bags like you have no remorse because you think you can possibly even fathom the pain their in. Reality check, YOU CAN'T. Some people simply produce low serotonin in their brain, which is actually a medical issue, and shit like bullying and struggling with one's own sexuality makes it ten times harder to cope. Factor in the narrow minded shits in our society who don't approve of gays and you've got one confused kid who feels like the whole world hates him.

I do not approve of people throwing away their lives. And also,internal hell? Honestly? What do you think people who have terminal diseases yet NO ONE cares for them feel like, when everyone is suddenly whining and moaning about people who had a choice and where too chickenshit to man it up?

Yes I know their mindset. You act like I grew up with rich parents or something, protip: I didn't. I grew up in some poverty ridden place in Africa, before moving to a slightly less poverty ridden place(which I am thankful for). I've seen people with much worse conditions who were happy and worked very hard to improve. I don't care if some idiot doesn't appreciate their life.

Also why do you keep bringing religion into this? Do you have some kind of issue with religious people? Did you go through some traumatic incident or something? If I was atheist, ESPECIALLY if I was atheist, and believed this life was the only shot we had, I'd be totally disgusted by the acts of these kids.
tl;dr they took the coward's way out so I don't care.

Yankyal

Quote from: Yankyal on November 02, 2010, 12:48:51 AM

I do not approve of people throwing away their lives. And also,internal hell? Honestly? What do you think people who have terminal diseases yet NO ONE cares for them feel like, when everyone is suddenly whining and moaning about people who had a choice and where too chickenshit to man it up?

Yes I know their mindset. You act like I grew up with rich parents or something, protip: I didn't. I grew up in some poverty ridden place in Africa, before moving to a slightly less poverty ridden place(which I am thankful for). I've seen people with much worse conditions who were happy and worked very hard to improve. I don't care if some idiot doesn't appreciate their life.

Also why do you keep bringing religion into this? Do you have some kind of issue with religious people? Did you go through some traumatic incident or something? If I was atheist, ESPECIALLY if I was atheist, and believed this life was the only shot we had, I'd be totally disgusted by the acts of these kids.
EDIT:Also, PM me next time if you need to throw a hissyfit. This was supposed to be a glorious thread filled with annoyances we shared.

Yankyal

EDIT:Also, PM me next time if you need to throw a hissyfit. This was supposed to be a glorious thread filled with annoyances we shared.

Cactuscat222

This thread was going to hell the second Jake posted his passive-aggressive atheist remarks to a person obviously very in tune with their religious beliefs.

You both should know better.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Jackabomb

QuoteListen to your own religion and leave the judgments to your Holy, loving God.
Fixed, but otherwise truth. We are called to "follow me"(not me, Jesus). Some Christians take a hating stance against sinners. That is the popular image of Christianity these days and turns many people away because we have gained a reputation as bigots. Nobody has asked anyone to endorse the lifestyle those young people led. 'Not caring' is not a good stance to take. It can easily lead to 'I don't care about you if your views differ from mine', which is wrong.

"They took the coward's way out..."--No comment is necessary on the method of their death. Sadness only that they died unsaved and have an eternity of suffering ahead of them.

Back on track.
A few more of mine:
-Something I am frequently guilty of: Using your intelligence to make fun of people.
-Taking advantage of politeness. This one really ticks me off. As an officer's son, I have a fair amount of politeness/manners ingrained to my behavior and what really ticks me off is when people take that as an invitation to walk all over me. Usually bigger guys too, so I can't go around fighting them or anything to get them to leave me alone. Which leads to my next one.
-Taking the fact that I'm civil enough not to swear at you when you say "Hi" as a signal that I want to be your 'bestest buddy'
-Wandering off or drifting off when I'm trying to have a serious discussion with you. A friend of mine whom I love dearly is most guilty of this. He'll walk off or assume that a pause in my speech to think means I'm done talking with him. When I have to run after him to talk with him, it makes me feel like I'm just somebody who he really doesn't want to talk to, but is too nice to say that. It makes me feel as though I'm guilty of the second point mentioned above.

Jake

Quote from: Yankyal on November 02, 2010, 12:51:48 AM
You're young and naive, so I don't expect you to understand the pain that depression can cause. After all, it's hard for people to care about someone when they see no physical signs of torment. Whether or not you approve of a person throwing away their life is negligible, but as a human being, the fact that you don't even care about their death is just a sign of egotism or ignorance. You can not fathom what they are experiencing, therefore it is absolutely stupid for you to say they are "too chickenshit to man it up". That's equivalent to you getting kicked in the balls, and therefore claiming that you know what it's like to have a baby. You can't even comprehend the pain, so stop trying.

QuoteYes I know their mindset. You act like I grew up with rich parents or something, protip: I didn't. I grew up in some poverty ridden place in Africa, before moving to a slightly less poverty ridden place(which I am thankful for). I've seen people with much worse conditions who were happy and worked very hard to improve. I don't care if some idiot doesn't appreciate their life.
This has nothing to do with being rich or poor. In fact, you're more likely to be depressed if you have more money. When a person commits suicide, their mind is in a different place. They don't see the world like me and you in that moment. All they see and feel is hell. They're not idiots... They have a chemical imbalance in their brain that stops them from feeling good about anything. A coward does not kill himself, a person who's not in the right mind does. these people need our love, understanding, and psychological care. Not to be scorned by assholes that have no idea what they're going through.

QuoteAlso why do you keep bringing stinto this? Do you have some kind of issue with religious people? Did you go through some traumatic incident or something? If I was atheist, ESPECIALLY if I was atheist, and believed this life was the only shot we had, I'd be totally disgusted by the acts of these kids.
I'm not religious, and I'm not atheist. I was a blindfolded Christian almost all my life but years of research and soul searching led me down a different path. If somehow those pearly white gates are real, I wonder who God will have pity on... The man who loved and cared about everyone, or the man who judged everyone when it wasn't his job.

Either way, I'm out. I'll end up ripping my hair out if I continue.

Cactus: I needed to say what I did.
Jackabomb: Any God that creates suicidal kids and then punishes them for their actions by sending them to a place of ever lasting torment is no loving, holy God. I also find it interesting that humans have the ability to show more compassion than the Christian God.

Yankyal

Quote from: Jake on November 02, 2010, 01:24:22 AM
Quote from: Yankyal on November 02, 2010, 12:51:48 AM
You're young and naive, so I don't expect you to understand the pain that depression can cause. After all, it's hard for people to care about someone when they see no physical signs of torment. Whether or not you approve of a person throwing away their life is negligible, but as a human being, the fact that you don't even care about their death is just a sign of egotism or ignorance. You can not fathom what they are experiencing, therefore it is absolutely stupid for you to say they are "too chickenshit to man it up". That's equivalent to you getting kicked in the balls, and therefore claiming that you know what it's like to have a baby. You can't even comprehend the pain, so stop trying.

QuoteYes I know their mindset. You act like I grew up with rich parents or something, protip: I didn't. I grew up in some poverty ridden place in Africa, before moving to a slightly less poverty ridden place(which I am thankful for). I've seen people with much worse conditions who were happy and worked very hard to improve. I don't care if some idiot doesn't appreciate their life.
This has nothing to do with being rich or poor. In fact, you're more likely to be depressed if you have more money. When a person commits suicide, their mind is in a different place. They don't see the world like me and you in that moment. All they see and feel is hell. They're not idiots... They have a chemical imbalance in their brain that stops them from feeling good about anything. A coward does not kill himself, a person who's not in the right mind does. these people need our love, understanding, and psychological care. Not to be scorned by assholes that have no idea what they're going through.

QuoteAlso why do you keep bringing stinto this? Do you have some kind of issue with religious people? Did you go through some traumatic incident or something? If I was atheist, ESPECIALLY if I was atheist, and believed this life was the only shot we had, I'd be totally disgusted by the acts of these kids.
I'm not religious, and I'm not atheist. I was a blindfolded Christian almost all my life but years of research and soul searching led me down a different path. If somehow those pearly white gates are real, I wonder who God will have pity on... The man who loved and cared about everyone, or the man who judged everyone.
Sigh I'll just PM a response, don't get your panties in a bunch sir.

JoEL

Now that those two little girls have finished their little bitching fest, my pet peeves are:

- People who chew with their mouth opened.
- People who claim they are in trouble because of their race.
- Groups of people who decide to chat in a main pathway, even when busy.
- People who wait inline to be served and haven't even thought about what they want to order.
- People who talk about you behind your back.
- Preachers.
- Tone-def people.
- Trolls.

DeamonClawz

If me and Dan get along great, and we have different views of religion and scientific theory and cults, why can't the rest of you? Exercise an open-mind, and become socially aware. Learn, research, ask questions, stop to think for the moment. Stop being extremists to your own religions and beliefs. If you're going to attack someone else's religion, do it with respect. Do not criticize it. We're all old enough to differentiate right from wrong here, and its an honest shame that its me telling this to you guys. (Remember Trollin' DC?)

If you guys can accept others' beliefs without hard feelings, you not only give your religion and belief a good name, but become a better person. And in every religion and belief, being a good person is the right thing. Stop thinking about the differences, and think about how to get along. Forget your egos. Stop being ignorant.

People that think and respond in this post like they way some of you have are my biggest pet peeves. 

Tyco-RC

Quote from: DeamonClawz on November 02, 2010, 04:12:58 AM
If me and Dan get along great, and we have different views of religion and scientific theory and cults, why can't the rest of you? Exercise an open-mind, and become socially aware. Learn, research, ask questions, stop to think for the moment. Stop being extremists to your own religions and beliefs. If you're going to attack someone else's religion, do it with respect. Do not criticize it. We're all old enough to differentiate right from wrong here, and its an honest shame that its me telling this to you guys. (Remember Trollin' DC?)

If you guys can accept others' beliefs without hard feelings, you not only give your religion and belief a good name, but become a better person. And in every religion and belief, being a good person is the right thing. Stop thinking about the differences, and think about how to get along. Forget your egos. Stop being ignorant.

People that think and respond in this post like they way some of you have are my biggest pet peeves. 

Sums it up perfectly just one extra thing, I don't like people who force their beliefs onto other people just because they think they are right, people can think an believe what they want and its up to them if they think its right.
- 2nd Place Finish in Danimals 6th Tournament -

tehrozzy

-Religious people who think their religion is right (yeah okay, thats fine) then try and make everyone else believe the same thing.
-idiots who have no view of the world around them. My teacher called me a nutjob for being a buddhist, i almost sued his ass.

edit: People who hate others for no logical reason. (i do this myself)
Example: I have a severe hatred of anything GOD RELATED (well, the jesus and god anyway, not like hindu gods)
and americans. Both illogical, i know many awesome americans and christians/catholics/anglicans/other types of godpeople.
yet i still do, mostly playing games aswell.
also @Jake: Queue scotty refering to "gay kids going through inner hell" part with a "Yeah you'd know about that!" joke.