News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Buyable Tier 1 Weapons

Started by CherryPie, November 29, 2010, 01:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Tier 1 Weapons should be buyable? If yes, rather 1mil or 2mil?

only Slasher - 2mil
4 (10.5%)
Slasher, SH, Spire - 2mil each
7 (18.4%)
only Slasher - 1mil
4 (10.5%)
Slasher, SH, Spire - 1mil each
13 (34.2%)
No rare drops in the shop at all, please
10 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

CherryPie

So since Danimal lately was talking about adding Slasher to store for about 2mil gold or something similiar, I would like to know what the complete community thinks about that.

Only Slasher?
My Opinion is, that if you put in Slasher, only Spire users are nerfed, but if you put in others, you give every player the chance to get to 100 and get 1 or 2 mil and then decide which weapon fits him/herself best and buy it. No advantages/disadvantages for anyone.

price?
Idc if it's 1 or 2mil, but 2mil really takes ages to collect (I know what I'm talking about, earned 3,2mil on all of my accounts which took 2 years of active playing).

Buyable hats
I think that Tier 1 hats really shouldn't be buyable, because then what someone else(can't remember who it was) did say about players loosing interest in playing till next tourney, will happen if they will be able to get their desired hats and weapons. (It also helps to prevent, that all players will only hunt at skeles for money)

buyable Spire/SH
Compared to LSB & IS, Spire and SH are kind of easy to get, therefore they should be in store for the "noluckatall"-players, definitly - wouldn't ruin gaming environment.

buyable Slasher
About Slasher i am not too sure, either up its drop rate + adding it to store, or give it away for second places in tourneys or something similiar. The point is, slasher looses vs LSB and could win vs spire if it is handled properly, so if we put spire in store, slasher has to be in it, too or at least should be easier to obtain.

Buyable IS?
That still leaves us asking what to do with IS, which has (same as GS) lost it's pvp value, slightly.
2 spire hits will do slightly more or equal damage than 1 IS hit, but the delay between IS hits is so long, that spire users will be able to attack 3 times between hits in many, if not most cases. So is IS not good enough? Wrong, you forget the PVE fact. If players find an IS, they will be able to collect the money for their other desired weapons faster, So yep, I'm with pwnage, IS shouldn't be in the store, every player would buy it first to collect gold faster.

Opinions? Share them.

T-Rok

I say none. I preferred Chaos' idea of doing it.

CherryPie

Quote from: T-Rok on November 29, 2010, 02:53:07 PM
I say none. I preferred Chaos' idea of doing it.
You mean the potions to increase your chances temporarily? But that will rather increase the problem than making it better..
If you use your money to buy better percentages, your luck is an even bigger factor, because if you won't have it, you will just get even more depressed with loosing your gold and quit this game.

I think you should collect an high amount of gold and then reward yourself, even if you will get the drop that you just bought afterwards, it still feels better, because you accomplished something.

But oh well, that's just my opinion..

Mr Pwnage

I wouldn't mind the slasher being added to the store. I think the most proper transaction would be giving the store clerk a GS and 1mil. That way it's more sensible. Basically your giving the store clerk a rare drop you already own (the GS) and 1mil upgrade fee to upgrade it to the slasher. Makes perfect sense and there is still some luck involved instead of it being purely monetary, as it is significant but essential weapon.

Also on the same token, you could give the store clerk a regular dagger and 1mil to make a spire.

The store clerk who is in noob land would be the only clerk about to upgrade to spires. And the desert clerk would do slashers. Maybe even make it so the spire costs 1mil to upgrade and the slasher costs 2mil or something. Honestly I think the pricing should be done by Meiun in the end...but the idea of the transaction is what I am going for.

Also, the inferno sword should never be purchasable...my opinion...it stays to the DS and the DS only.

Thoughts?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Epsilon72200

I think 1mil is okay, considering how long it takes to get 1mil, even if we have to go through a gold reset, high levels can still reach 1mil in a reasonable amount of time. To add to that, if there is a gold reset, I think instead of setting all account gold values to 0, they should be set to 10% of their original values, so those of us with vast amounts of gold get some use from it.

However, I think the items should have differing values, I'm sure I'll get some disagreement here, but this is just an example-
      Stone hammer - 750,000
      Slasher - 1,250,000
      Spire - 1,000,000
      Inferno Sword - 1,500,000
      Wooden Hammer - 15,000 or something   :D
(The wooden hammer is a must-have to those with bad luck, because it's the perfect PVE weapon, but if your luck is reaaallly bad, you might have trouble even getting one of these)
a.k.a. "[NIN]", "EpsiloNIN" and "PudgeNIN".

CherryPie

Everything buyable?
Now, that I think about it, I'd say some weapons and all tier 1 hats really shouldn't be buyable, because then what someone else(can't remember who it was) did say about players loosing interest in playing till next tourney, will happen if they will be able to get their desired hats and weapons. (It also helps to prevent, that all players will only hunt skeles for money)

buyable Spire/SH
Compared to LSB & IS, Spire and SH are kind of easy to get, therefore they should be in store for the "noluckatall"-players, definitly - wouldn't ruin gaming environment.

buyable Slasher
About Slasher i am not too sure, either up its drop rate + adding it to store, or give it away for second places in tourneys or something similiar. The point is, slasher looses vs LSB and could win vs spire if it is handled properly, so if we put spire in store, slasher has to be in it, too or at least should be easier to obtain.

Buyable IS?
That still leaves us asking what to do with IS, which has (same as GS) lost it's pvp value, slightly.
2 spire hits will do slightly more or equal damage than 1 IS hit, but the delay between IS hits is so long, that spire users will be able to attack 3 times between hits in many, if not most cases. So is IS not good enough? Wrong, you forget the PVE fact. If players find an IS, they will be able to collect the money for their other desired weapons faster, So yep, I'm with pwnage, IS shouldn't be in the store, every player would buy it first to collect gold faster.

also @Epsilon: WH is one of the most common drops from cacti, because of what you said, but I think no one would care, if we would add it to store for the same reasons as SH/spire.

havok

could you please add none to the pole :P

cuz i believe the point in the rare drops being rare is being able to get them as a drop not from the store they will have less meaning in the game then

anyway no rares in the shops is my vote

CherryPie

Quote from: havok on November 30, 2010, 03:58:24 AM
could you please add none to the pole :P

cuz i believe the point in the rare drops being rare is being able to get them as a drop not from the store they will have less meaning in the game then

anyway no rares in the shops is my vote

Done, but like I said, do not base your decision on your inventory, only because you have already gotten the drops, you desire.

Matty_Richo

My only thought on this would be that the selling prices would have to be redone.
GS, IS, DH, Slasher, Spire, BC all worth only 10 Gold? Perhaps 500k for IS and 100K for GS or something...

CherryPie

Quote from: Matty_Richo on November 30, 2010, 05:29:40 AM
My only thought on this would be that the selling prices would have to be redone.
GS, IS, DH, Slasher, Spire, BC all worth only 10 Gold? Perhaps 500k for IS and 100K for GS or something...

I think the selling values should be based on the prices for the tier 1 weapons in store.

e.g. If a Slasher costs 1,000,000 . Getting 100k for a GS would be a very big step, if Slasher sells for 2,000,000 it is a rather small one.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: CherryPie on November 30, 2010, 06:07:18 AM

I think the selling values should be based on the prices for the tier 1 weapons in store.

e.g. If a Slasher costs 1,000,000 . Getting 100k for a GS would be a very big step, if Slasher sells for 2,000,000 it is a rather small one.

if slasher is 1 mill, then that'd be 10 gs's or 2 IS's, seems reasonable... maybe make spires 400k, SH around 200k - 250k, DH about 200k, BC 300k etc...

foG

Quote from: Matty_Richo on November 30, 2010, 06:20:17 AM

if slasher is 1 mill, then that'd be 10 gs's or 2 IS's, seems reasonable... maybe make spires 400k, SH around 200k - 250k, DH about 200k, BC 300k etc...

Are you sick? lol
I could buy all that stuff right away..

I think we should stick to Dans idea and just put the slasher in the shop. They have thought it through otherwise they would not post it. Putting IS into the shop would screw my reason to play. My very goal is to get IS, and if it was being put in a shop, I'd def. play way less. Plus putting spire in the shop is bullshit... it's a deadly weapon and everyone would just buy it.

IS dropincrease+ Slasher in shop, woo.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Matty_Richo

Quote from: foG on November 30, 2010, 06:52:33 AM

Are you sick? lol
I could buy all that stuff right away..

No, those were ideas for selling prices, however to buy them from the store would be double whatever you can sell them for (as appears to be what happens in SO) and that's also based around slasher being 1mil. evidently if it were 2 mill then you'd double it, Spire would sell for 800k and be buyable for 1.6mill or whatever.

Mystery

Voted all in the shop for 1 mil Gold. I don't mind having this in-game at all, in fact it'd be appreciated, but I don't want it to be considered as the 'solution' to the drop rate problem.

EDIT: ESPECIALLY since if this will be implemented, I know it won't be all of those in the shop for 1 million Gold, it'd be solely the Slasher in the shop for 2 million...
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

havok

i could see the gs being added into the shop and im not going off what i have cuz i still need inforno ect. i just believe the rares should be drops and thats why they are rares  and i believe most mods would agree