News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Android vs. Iphone

Started by havok, December 29, 2010, 04:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

Ha yeah, Apple wins with the smart phone why? Because it plays music better. Some smart phone.
I have an iTouch- which I bought from a friend, so in no way funded Apple. However I use my Zune 120GB for music/videos.
~Aqua

ARTgames

Considering a Iphone is a hardware device and Android is software its really hard to compare. Its like saying "Is call of duty better than the Wii?"

Now the correct question would be IOS vs Android or Iphone vs Android power smart phones. 

Draxx

Quote from: ARTgames on December 29, 2010, 10:54:19 PM
Considering a Iphone is a hardware device and Android is software its really hard to compare. Its like saying "Is call of duty better than the Wii?"

Now the correct question would be IOS vs Android or Iphone vs Android power smart phones. 

Call of duty is better.

Meiun

Quote from: Aqua on December 29, 2010, 08:29:05 PM
Ha yeah, Apple wins with the smart phone why? Because it plays music better. Some smart phone.
I have an iTouch- which I bought from a friend, so in no way funded Apple. However I use my Zune 120GB for music/videos.
~Aqua
Pretty sure my Droid 2 plays music just as good if not better than my old iPhone did. It can even do fancy Audio Effects like Extreme Bass, Brilliant Treble, Vocalizer, etc, as well as those lame visualization effects.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Meiun on December 29, 2010, 11:21:24 PM
~Aqua
Pretty sure my Droid 2 plays music just as good if not better than my old iPhone did. It can even do fancy Audio Effects like Extreme Bass, Brilliant Treble, Vocalizer, etc, as well as those lame visualization effects.

I play music on my blackberry more than my ipod nowadays...

Another reason I chose Blackberry is because I bought the phone from Sam's Club and they didn't have all the fancy android phones (in fact, I'm not sure if they had any). They had like, 5 smart phones, and the blackberry was the only one with an actual keyboard (keeping in mind I have AT&T and I got it back in October)
Mainly I was comparing the fact that blackberry has a touchscreen and the iphone doesn't. But I have heard great things about android phones, I have nothing against them.

11clock

Quote from: DarkTrinity on December 30, 2010, 12:30:30 PM
~Aqua

Another reason I chose Blackberry is because I bought the phone from Sam's Club and they didn't have all the fancy android phones (in fact, I'm not sure if they had any). They had like, 5 smart phones, and the blackberry was the only one with an actual keyboard (keeping in mind I have AT&T and I got it back in October)
Mainly I was comparing the fact that blackberry has a touchscreen and the iphone doesn't. But I have heard great things about android phones, I have nothing against them.

...iPhones do have touch screens...

Mystery

Quote from: Draxx on December 29, 2010, 11:18:12 PM

Call of duty is better.
Than a whole system with games just as good, if not better? I think not.

Anyway, I can say with certainty I will be getting a Droid 2 soon. Beats iPhone anyday, IMO.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Titan

Figured I'd add my input on this.

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate with AT&T, and I love it. It's an android phone, and as far as androids on at&t go, it's probably one of, if not the best.
I can't really say how it compares to an Iphone, because I've never had one, but the apps certainly don't disapoint. I've found quite a few addicting games on the app store for free, but like I said, I have never owned an Iphone, so I don't know how the games compare.
Livin' in a lonely world.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: 11clock on December 30, 2010, 01:36:06 PM
Quote from: DarkTrinity on December 30, 2010, 12:30:30 PM
~Aqua

...iPhones do have touch screens...

Sorry.. I meant a keyboard. Blackberry has a keyboard and iphone doesn't...
It's been a long morning >_<

Draxx

Quote from: Mystery on December 30, 2010, 01:40:59 PM
Quote from: Draxx on December 29, 2010, 11:18:12 PM

Call of duty is better.
Than a whole system with games just as good, if not better? [...]

Don't get me wrong I myself am a Wii owner but yes better than the whole system games included.

On topic:

The one thing that the iPhone has that I like more than the Android based phones is the way it meshes well with every other Apple device you might happen to own.  That being said if you don't already own any Apple devices get an Android based phone.

Lingus

DroidX here. Great freakin phone. The large screen is pretty key. It makes the touchscreen much easier to use (in fact, i couldn't get used to using the original droid touchscreen.) Plus viewing content is awesome on it. Browsing the internet, pictures, everything. That extra bit of screen space is, in my opinion, everything.

By the way, back to the point of development, I have to say in my line of work and in some other aspects, I have seen more mention of development for iPhone than anything. The fact is, if companies see it as the leading choice for consumers, that's where they're going to go. They don't care if it's easier to develop for. They pay people to figure that part out. Plus... the fact the android's browser is so awesome you don't really need apps if it's a web based product (such as one or two of the products that I use at work). I can actually just go to the browser and use the same browser based software that i use on the computer. And with the DroidX screen it's actually quite usable.

havok

i personally love the android way more i have a droid 2 like meiun

but the things i love about it is that keyboard its just like on you would find on a pc all most and its all so toch screen(of course) but incase the touch screen is being gay you have the keyboard unlike the iphone

then the market i will agree iphones market is way big at the moment but everyday the andoids grows and unlike the apple market android ave very very few limits which opens the market up way more and it should serpass the iphones

i all so love the service it gives me because when i live atat sucks so bad in spots you cant even text which is kinda sad and i all ways have 3g

and as meiun said i will vouch its like having a little mini pc you can truly do all most anything

Magebolt

Quote from: havok on December 31, 2010, 03:24:58 AM
i personally love the android way more i have a droid 2 like meiun

but the things i love about it is that keyboard its just like on you would find on a pc all most and its all so toch screen(of course) but incase the touch screen is being gay you have the keyboard unlike the iphone

then the market i will agree iphones market is way big at the moment but everyday the andoids grows and unlike the apple market android ave very very few limits which opens the market up way more and it should serpass the iphones

i all so love the service it gives me because when i live atat sucks so bad in spots you cant even text which is kinda sad and i all ways have 3g

and as meiun said i will vouch its like having a little mini pc you can truly do all most anything
Wow that was the worst display of spelling and grammar I've ever seen..
On topic
What is an actual Droid phone?? I'm from Australia and have never heard of such a phone existing.
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

sk8terboi

[SSSS]

Lingus

Quote from: Magebolt on December 31, 2010, 03:31:32 AM
What is an actual Droid phone?? I'm from Australia and have never heard of such a phone existing.
There's several different kinds made by a few different companies. The one's we're talking about are Motorola. There's also an HTC Droid Incredible.