News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Android vs. Iphone

Started by havok, December 29, 2010, 04:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan

Honestly, I think I like the selection of apps for the androids better, and the fact that I can let apps run in the backgroun is really nice.(Along with running multiple apps at once.)
I also like the fact that you can root the droids(something I'm considering doing to get rid of all the crap at&t installs on the phone that can't be removed)

I think one of the biggest strengths of the androids is the fact that you can get one on almost any wireless company now. Where as the Iphone has to be used with at&t.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Magebolt

Speaking of Andriod Phones mine is arriving in 11-16 days i'm really happy and i also prefer Android phones to Iphones
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

PiiP

My Mum has a HTC running Android and I have used it more than she has. Everything runs smoothly. A lot better than any iPhone I have played on/used that any of my friends own.

I own a Nokia 5530, which is this piece of junk:

I'm going to have to endure this phone for another 12 months, but I might pay the rest of my contract off since its only ?15 a month and get a HTC Desire HD.

T-Rok

I don't know why you all hate on the iPhone. I rather enjoy mine and I have used Android phones. I am not one of those mactards who thing anything apple is better, but once the iPhone is jailbroken its a great phone. And hey, if I was really desperate to have Android, I can install it on my iPhone. (Yes I know jailbreaking defeats the purpose of the phone technically. xD)

Edit: Actually, one phone I'm expecting much from is this one. Click.

havok

Quote from: T-Rok on January 08, 2011, 12:30:20 PM
I don't know why you all hate on the iPhone. I rather enjoy mine and I have used Android phones. I am not one of those mactards who thing anything apple is better, but once the iPhone is jailbroken its a great phone. And hey, if I was really desperate to have Android, I can install it on my iPhone. (Yes I know jailbreaking defeats the purpose of the phone technically. xD)

exactly you have to jailbreak yours to keep up with android. Where android is pretty much unlocked. you cn root a andoid but there is only a small difference lol i rooted my old eris but its a waste of time to root to me at least.

However i will admit a jailbroke iphone is not that bad it can be fun but all so kill warrenty and all that. i jailbroke my iod touch broke the screen sent it in they wont fix it lol so if you brake it you are kind fed

JoEL

I couldn't find any high-quality games for Android which is why I went to the iPhone. iPhone has quality apps imo, you get what you pay for, which in this case is quality apps. It's funny how people say Android is better because it is better for developers. This is true, but for 99% of the people in the world who aren't developers, they don't give a flying !@#$ ;D.

Anyway they are both great phones.

My 2 cents.

CherryPie

It will flop for sure.
Just like the PSP GO! did...

Scotty

Quote from: havok on January 12, 2011, 06:36:32 AM
However i will admit a jailbroke iphone is not that bad it can be fun but all so kill warrenty and all that. i jailbroke my iod touch broke the screen sent it in they wont fix it lol so if you brake it you are kind fed

Which is simple to avoid.  So long as you can plug your iPhone/iPod into iTunes, you should be able to revert back to the standard iOS, thus not voiding any warranties.

Does jailbreaking still void the warranty after it was deemed legal to be allowed to jailbreak the device?  I figure it probably would still void it because whether or not it's legal doesn't really matter with regards to the rules Apple puts in place, but I don't know for certain.

T-Rok

Quote from: Scotty on January 12, 2011, 09:39:21 AM

Which is simple to avoid.  So long as you can plug your iPhone/iPod into iTunes, you should be able to revert back to the standard iOS, thus not voiding any warranties.

Does jailbreaking still void the warranty after it was deemed legal to be allowed to jailbreak the device?  I figure it probably would still void it because whether or not it's legal doesn't really matter with regards to the rules Apple puts in place, but I don't know for certain.

It does not "void" the warranty, but they can deny you service. And your method of resolving the jailbreak is absolutely correct, it is 100% undetectable after a restore.

Mystery

The Nokia N-Gage would like to have a word with you.

Quote from: JoEL on January 12, 2011, 07:13:28 AM
I couldn't find any high-quality games for Android which is why I went to the iPhone. iPhone has quality apps imo, you get what you pay for, which in this case is quality apps. It's funny how people say Android is better because it is better for developers. This is true, but for 99% of the people in the world who aren't developers, they don't give a flying !@#$ ;D.

Anyway they are both great phones.

My 2 cents.
^This.^

Although I HAVE seen several good games for the Android, it doesn't compare to the massive amount of (mainly) high-quality apps Apple has, in my opinion.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

T-Rok

Quote from: Mystery on January 12, 2011, 06:26:38 PM
The Nokia N-Gage would like to have a word with you.
I don't like it. Although two different ones popped up. One of them looked way way to crowded, the other looked like it would be nice.

havok

Quote from: T-Rok on January 12, 2011, 01:55:26 PM

It does not "void" the warranty, but they can deny you service. And your method of resolving the jailbreak is absolutely correct, it is 100% undetectable after a restore.

i didnt rstore it lol but yu might want to look the warrenty thing up cuz i believe it does.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Magebolt on December 31, 2010, 03:31:32 AM
What is an actual Droid phone?? I'm from Australia and have never heard of such a phone existing.

Really? I'm from Australia, I've had a Galaxy S for a few months now and it is awesome! I also have an iPod touch and now that I have the Galaxy I very rarely use the iPod. My only problem is that the Android facebook app is a bit average, especially compared to the iPhone one.

Meiun

Quote from: Matty_Richo on January 13, 2011, 03:38:31 AM
Quote from: Magebolt on December 31, 2010, 03:31:32 AM
What is an actual Droid phone?? I'm from Australia and have never heard of such a phone existing.

Really? I'm from Australia, I've had a Galaxy S for a few months now and it is awesome! I also have an iPod touch and now that I have the Galaxy I very rarely use the iPod. My only problem is that the Android facebook app is a bit average, especially compared to the iPhone one.
Are you sure your using the one from the app store instead of just the "social network" app that some of them come bundled with? If so, also make sure you have the latest updates to it, cause I use to have the iPhone version before I got my Droid as well, and I have to say that I like the Android one better. It seems to have more features as far as I can tell.

T-Rok

Quote from: havok on January 13, 2011, 02:39:22 AM
Quote from: T-Rok on January 12, 2011, 01:55:26 PM

i didnt rstore it lol but yu might want to look the warrenty thing up cuz i believe it does.

If you don't restore it does. Hence I put "void" in quotes. There is no traceable side effect of jailbreaking after a restore. So technically it does not void your warranty unless you don't know how it works, which you didn't.