News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Using GoDaddy subdomain with a phpBB forums

Started by 11clock, December 29, 2010, 08:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

Alright, I meant to ask this on the Forumer support forums but it's taking too long to get my activation email. I'm wondering if any of you know how to do this. I tried to do a Google search, but I got nothing.

I have a GoDaddy domain called twingamesco.com. I have a forums hosted via phpBB, and I want to make a subdomain to connect the forums with my website. However, I can't find out how to connect my GoDaddy subdomain, forums.twingamesco.com, to my phpBB forums. I am wondering if any of you know how to do this. The forum URL right now is http://twingamesforums.46.forumer.com/

Scotty

I'm not familiar with GoDaddy's control panel, but it should be as simple as creating the sub-domain through their CP, placing your phpBB scripts within the respective directory under your document root (you'd essentially be able to get to it either going to www.whatever.com/phpBB or phpBB.whatever.com to give you and idea of the directory structure with where it places the sub-domain directory).  You'll need to create a database for it, with a respective database account that has all privileges assigned to it (another thing you'll likely need to do through the CP), and then when you install it, and the forum asks you for the URL, submit it as the subdomain.

Probably not all that helpful, like I said I don't use GoDaddy, but it is fairly straight forward.  Another option that GoDaddy may support, which I would actually recommend more than a manual installation is to see if they have a SimpleScripts tool that will install it automatically.  If that's the case, just install it to your sub-domain through SimpleScripts, and it'll take care of the database installation and all the configurations.