News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Computer audio problem to anyone who can help.

Started by DarkBlade325, January 11, 2011, 12:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBlade325

Heya dudes, soooooo I ended up !@#$ing up something in my audio settings, aaannnddd now that I rebooted my computer, I can't hear squat.

So let me explain: I was attempting to get a stream up over at livestream, but I was having issues getting audio into the stream. So I did a little bit of tinkering in my audio setting on my computer- basic areas you know: Volume Control, Realtek HD Audio Manager. So after about 20 or so minutes of messing around with it I did SOMETHING right and got some audio. Played a game to test and see how everything was working, when I noticed the first weird thing. My game wasn't giving any music, but the stream was. No problem- figured this is normal. So I just ignored it and let the stream that was giving audio fill in for my game's lack of audio.

After about a 19 minute test- I closed the game and started to notice that I wasn't getting an alert sound when people on Steam were messaging me. Figured it was because I was messing around with my audio settings from before. So I go back in and set everything to how it was before: Disabling Stereo Mix, and a couple of other things. I was still getting audio from my web browser, but not from things like Steam, MSN messenger, and games. So I restarted my computer, and now nothing is giving me audio. Sooo- yea I think I've !@#$ed something.

I'm using the basic Realtek audio card that comes with just about every computer, and I'm also using a C-Media USB Headphone set. I have a smaallll tiny memory in the back of my head of an issue like this before, but I can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it.

Any help would be appreciated, dudes.

Edit: Nevermind dudes, fixed it myself by just unplugging the headset and plugging it back in...Even though I tried that before...Oook. But just to NOT make this topic a waste, what would you guys suggest if this happened again?

Mr Pwnage

Realteck is buggy. I have the exact same issue you do. I found unplugging and replugging the equipment fixes my mic and headset when it's having assignment issues. I guess you already found it out for yourself though....but if it happens again just unplug and replug. I have to do it with my headset every time I restart my computer.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Chaos

I actually had Realtek drivers on my computer when I first got it, and it had Stereo Mix locked out because they're a bunch of douchebags.  I ended up installing IDT drivers, which not only WORKED, but didn't have Stereo Mix blocked.  An amusing time was had by all, aka me.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Grim_Reaper

I have heard all these bugs and things with realtek... but it has never done anything to me..

Grim_Reaper -> lvl 78
Teh_Ninja    -> lvl 34
FL0P           -> lvl 51

Yankyal

did you !@#$ around with the windows volume mixer? you may have accidentally muted steam
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10