News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

My new sprite project

Started by jackel1994, January 15, 2011, 07:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkflash

omg delicious did you do those they are gorgeous you sir have a gift

jackel1994

Quote from: Delicious on February 18, 2011, 06:07:41 PM
You'll definitely achieve something really nice with that attitude towards criticism. You take it like a champ!  :)

could I get permission to edit the battle sword to show you how you could approach it?

For sure man, id be honored to see what you could do for it and to take some pointers on it! Only if it's no trouble for you though man!

Forum

Quote from: Delicious on February 18, 2011, 03:14:59 PM
For most of the weapons, it looks as though you scaled the image rather than zooming in. It's very skewed in comparision to the 1x image.

You should really take more time and care into where you place the pixels. The "Battle Axe" and the latest one, "Axe", is perhaps the worse in terms of that. Try to keep your work clean, limiting your use on colours could help achieve this.

Look at http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/whole_set.png for reference. Try to imitate it by zooming close and looking at it carefully as you do your own sword. This is a good way to learn when you're beginning.

Good luck!
Those look nice :P
Officially quitted

Delicious

Haha, I forgot to mention, but no they're not mine. I hardly ever use anything of mine when I show others reference, it makes me feel to egotistic. :P

Anyways, I did this quickly to show you.

I messed with your design a bit, but I tried more or less to stick with the same colors as in your original. It's not perfect, but maybe you can see what could've been done differently?

I don't expect you to know as of yet how to AA (Anti-Analyze) or know what that means, but perhaps you could take up some pixel tutorials on learning how to do it, it can definitely benefit your technique and the appearence of your work. Also, try shifting color hues when you shade, rather just adjusting the brightness/darkness, which will most definitely make your pixels be more attractive in terms of shading and coloring. I often shift my colors towards purple/blue when I'm making shadows as they are "cool" colors, and I pick warm colors for highlights like yellow.

The handle on that new weapon you made is great, and it's much improved over your last work, however I'm not sure about the green blade(?), it looks a bit jaggedy. Perhaps practice a bit with more generic weapons like long swords/daggers.. ect and move onto things that require more shape and control.

Keep it up! :)
<3

jackel1994

Quote from: Delicious on February 18, 2011, 10:25:26 PM
Haha, I forgot to mention, but no they're not mine. I hardly ever use anything of mine when I show others reference, it makes me feel to egotistic. :P

I messed with your design a bit, but I tried more or less to stick with the same colors as in your original. It's not perfect, but maybe you can see what could've been done differently?

I don't expect you to know as of yet how to AA (Anti-Analyze) or know what that means, but perhaps you could take up some pixel tutorials on learning how to do it, it can definitely benefit your technique and the appearence of your work. Also, try shifting color hues when you shade, rather just adjusting the brightness/darkness, which will most definitely make your pixels be more attractive in terms of shading and coloring. I often shift my colors towards purple/blue when I'm making shadows as they are "cool" colors, and I pick warm colors for highlights like yellow.

The handle on that new weapon you made is great, and it's much improved over your last work, however I'm not sure about the green blade(?), it looks a bit jaggedy. Perhaps practice a bit with more generic weapons like long swords/daggers.. ect and move onto things that require more shape and control.

O my that is a beautiful piece of work there... Im completely envious man! And i will do that for sure! Thank you so much!! And the "green" part of that new weapon was supposed to be a type of flag tied to the end of the stick and i made it jagedy to give it that "blowing in the wind" feeling.

Forum

Quote from: Delicious on February 18, 2011, 10:25:26 PM

The second design reminds of Artix's axe from Adventure quest is that urs :o?
Officially quitted

Delicious

The daggers are quite an improvement!  :D

Keep up the good work.

Forum: Yes, and I don't play Adventure Quest, so it wasn't intentional. :b
<3

jackel1994

Bump.

Is my progress showing from each of my weaons moving on to the next?

Delicious

Yep. Keep going with these simple designs and slowly progress to something more complex while improving your technique and color palette at the same time.  ;)
<3

Cerberus

I think the battle axe and the monk's staff look sick, the rest are good don't really catch my interest. With he water sword try to show a more transparent quality instead of it looking so opaque. Other than that though, great job!

jackel1994

Attemptin animating, latest attempt is here! BUMPPPP

aedan

I liked the daggers :) Good Job

havok

the Butchers sword you took the idea from naruto huh :p i like that sword tho its epic

jackel1994

Quote from: havok on March 10, 2011, 12:20:26 PM
the Butchers sword you took the idea from naruto huh :p i like that sword tho its epic

What the hell is a naruto? All of my ideas are original thought of and drawn.

jackel1994

Glad to see this topic i started has led to other membesr making sprite topics too! Keep it up guys, love seeing the creativity!