News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

My new sprite project

Started by jackel1994, January 15, 2011, 07:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delicious

Glad to see you've improved.  :D

Wouldn't say that any of your weapon are original like you stated above, though. However, they're still good. Keep practicing, don't stop! I'd like to see you improve on that Battle Axe with the bit of knowledge and skill you've obtained since then. 
<3

jackel1994

Will do it eventually! Thanks for all the support delicious! :D

Also Just made a butcher sword animation!

11clock

Quote from: jackel1994 on March 16, 2011, 02:44:56 PM
Will do it eventually! Thanks for all the support delicious! :D

Also Just made a butcher sword animation!

Problem here is that you have the sword swing behind the stick figure. Try making it start out behind the stick figure (like you have now), but have it move in front at the proper time.

saraahhwk

jackel1994

Forum

Quote from: jackel1994 on March 17, 2011, 12:03:29 AM
Next attempt!

How do you make these things! I'd like some knowledge in the animation industry if i may.
Officially quitted

jackel1994

Learning how to animate was such a pain in the ass...

Basically this is what you do.

1) Create a still image of just your weapon
2) Get you stick person set up using a program of choice (I recomend GraphicsGale)
3) Paste your weapon into the frame with your stick person and redraw your stick person over and over moving the sword in increments of distance to make an animation type thing.
4) Everytime you adjust the stick person save the FRAME as a .png
5) repeat steps 3 and 4 until your animation is done
6) Get a picture compiler/Gif maker of your choice. (I would reccomend one but i havnt found a free one yet, i am using a trial one.)
7) PRACTICE UNTIL YOU GET BORED TO TEARS!!! Only key to spriting is practice practice practice!!!

And this is my latest animation!!

Mr Pwnage

Shading comes across and sloppy and the figures posture and limb movement are unnatural.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

jackel1994

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on March 21, 2011, 05:33:34 PM
Shading comes across and sloppy and the figures posture and limb movement are unnatural.

By shading comes across you means the swing comes across body? If thats what you are referign to i did that to make it look like the sword is chopingacross his body. The blur is sloppy i agree yes, and the posture/movement is what im working on most trying to tighten it up and make it more natural. Thanks for your input, next time just be more specific with your comment, i love to use others inputs for constructive criticism!

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: jackel1994 on March 21, 2011, 06:10:28 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on March 21, 2011, 05:33:34 PM

By shading comes across you means the swing comes across body? If thats what you are referign to i did that to make it look like the sword is chopingacross his body. The blur is sloppy i agree yes, and the posture/movement is what im working on most trying to tighten it up and make it more natural. Thanks for your input, next time just be more specific with your comment, i love to use others inputs for constructive criticism!

I recommend you get a large stick, or fake sword if you have one and swing it properly a couple times. Study the movement of your body and make note of where your limbs end up when your finished swinging. I guarantee your free hand will not be curled up in your pit like that guy's. Also, I am sure if you swing with any remote force at all, your head will bob down and up a bit, and your back and legs surely wouldn't be straight in a 90% manner. People use other muscles than just their arms when they want to kill something.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Forum

Quote from: jackel1994 on March 17, 2011, 10:09:33 PM
Learning how to animate was such a pain in the ass...

Basically this is what you do.

1) Create a still image of just your weapon
2) Get you stick person set up using a program of choice (I recomend GraphicsGale)
3) Paste your weapon into the frame with your stick person and redraw your stick person over and over moving the sword in increments of distance to make an animation type thing.
4) Everytime you adjust the stick person save the FRAME as a .png
5) repeat steps 3 and 4 until your animation is done
6) Get a picture compiler/Gif maker of your choice. (I would reccomend one but i havnt found a free one yet, i am using a trial one.)
7) PRACTICE UNTIL YOU GET BORED TO TEARS!!! Only key to spriting is practice practice practice!!!

And this is my latest animation!!

Thx for the advice i'll try later and post my results.
Officially quitted

havok

Quote from: jackel1994 on March 10, 2011, 03:49:56 PM
Quote from: havok on March 10, 2011, 12:20:26 PM
the Butchers sword you took the idea from naruto huh :p i like that sword tho its epic

What the hell is a naruto? All of my ideas are original thought of and drawn.

way late on this reply but here it is. I just grabs some pics off google, to show you how it looks like you copied it :p(not saying you did was just my first thought on the sword) seeing at it has the same cuts and wholes in the sword ect. just a color change :p

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BTW Naruto is a anime TV show.

havok

P.S. he is a Water type ninja and i think that's where you got the blue from :p

I'm such a nerd lol

Gatupojk

The butcher and the last animation are awesome :D

Gatupojk

[/quote]

That sword can be taken from everywhere as it exists in like 10k movies..