News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Death.. Then what?

Started by Delicious, July 30, 2009, 08:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delicious

Been meaning to set up a thread about this, as it's something on my mind..
Lately, before I can fall asleep, I usually think deeply about dying. I just can't seem to place myself stuck forever in a lifeless body, not having the ability to see, speak nore think for that matter. This is kind of imbarrising, but I sometimes cry slightly just thinking about how, after so many years, there is nothing after this, nothing at all.
I'm unsure how to cope with having my family die, but I know that the time will come for us all, and it is the only thing garenteed in life. If none of you have experienced this yet, set yourself in a quite room - perferably before you fall asleep - and simply just think about it yourself, and I could promise that you will feel the same emotions.

Perhaps there is something afterwards? Perhaps I will become reborn with the same loving family once again? Or perhaps the only thing after is complete emptyness?..
<3

EpicPhailure

Yeah, you can't really try to act as if you didn't exist.

I say we move onto a next life, on an exact same world, as a different person. What say you?

Torch

The only conciousness you have is in your brain. When your brain dies, so does your conciousness.

Looperpuck

Hmm, yeah. I've thunk about this a lot since my mom's death of breast cancer. Wondering what she's doing. Good topic.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Delicious

Quote from: Looperpuck on July 30, 2009, 10:26:27 PM
Hmm, yeah. I've thunk about this a lot since my mom's death of breast cancer. Wondering what she's doing. Good topic.

~Looperpuck
That is really depressing mate, sorry to hear about that.. :-\

Anyways, found this intresting - http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread433700/pg1 - He claims he died three times, and explains what had happened and his new beliefs afterwards.

"When one dies, the vital energy is released back into the universe. The physical body remains on earth while the subtle body travels to a subtle plane depending on its merits or sins and its spiritual level. The subtle body becomes heavy due to sins and excessive ego and as a result gets stuck in lower subtle planes of existence such as the nether world. If the sins are intense then the subtle body goes to hell. " - source: http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritualresearch/difficulties/ancestors/Ancestors_afterdeath.php

I'm not a great believer of this theory, however, I do think that your energy does release from your body once your dead, but no option of heaven nor hell. I believe that your spirit/energy has the same attributes as you have now, however you are unable to communicate with the "living" for some reason.. Such as you become a ghost.
I actually happen to be a strong believer of ghosts, and there are some sightings and film to further lead to the truth, though their not facts as they could also just be fake or illusions.
<3

Bo-sox

Quote from: Delicious on July 31, 2009, 12:25:04 AM
Quote from: Looperpuck on July 30, 2009, 10:26:27 PM

~Looperpuck
That is really depressing mate, sorry to hear about that.. :-\

Anyways, found this intresting - http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread433700/pg1 - He claims he died three times, and explains what had happened and his new beliefs afterwards.

"When one dies, the vital energy is released back into the universe. The physical body remains on earth while the subtle body travels to a subtle plane depending on its merits or sins and its spiritual level. The subtle body becomes heavy due to sins and excessive ego and as a result gets stuck in lower subtle planes of existence such as the nether world. If the sins are intense then the subtle body goes to hell. " - source: http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritualresearch/difficulties/ancestors/Ancestors_afterdeath.php

I'm not a great believer of this theory, however, I do think that your energy does release from your body once your dead, but no option of heaven nor hell. I believe that your spirit/energy has the same attributes as you have now, however you are unable to communicate with the "living" for some reason.. Such as you become a ghost.
I actually happen to be a strong believer of ghosts, and there are some sightings and film to further lead to the truth, though their not facts as they could also just be fake or illusions.

Im not sure id take this guy to seriously. He sounds like kind of an ass over the whole beating the crap out of that man. Not cool   >:(

foG

I'm religious so I belive in the whole 'good people go to heaven - Paradise- and bad people go to hell'.

But yeah I have also thought alot about this, I talked to my pastor because I was sad that, after I die, I will never ever see my family again, he said in heaven we will all be together again, it's not like you will recognize your own mother again but he said that doesnt matter anyway .. hard to translate it in english I could say alot to this subject but I can't seem to find the fitting words.

Second edit.. I don't think that reborn stuff exists IMO that's bullshit and people who actually say they were reborn just want attention. And even IF there was reincarnation I don't think you can remember your past lifes.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Torch on July 30, 2009, 09:59:28 PM
The only conciousness you have is in your brain. When your brain dies, so does your conciousness.
This is my belief.
I don't go to church...and I see life threw a more scientific view...for 2 reasons:
1) It's easier for me to understand things. Like that every death is somewhat logical. And I like simple.
2) I don't feel that I have to blame some god for sombody's passing. I never blame. I just celebrate the life they did have, and carry them in my thoughts. I have had many deaths in the family/neighborhood, and it is the most intense form of sadness to see sombody you know, even just barely, laying before you in a lifeless body, and I cry now just typing about it. Gah, I just lost what I was thinking about...I have to go lay down...
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Mystery

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 31, 2009, 11:06:57 AM
Quote from: Torch on July 30, 2009, 09:59:28 PM
This is my belief.
I don't go to church...and I see life threw a more scientific view...for 2 reasons:
1) It's easier for me to understand things. Like that every death is somewhat logical. And I like simple.
2) I don't feel that I have to blame some god for sombody's passing. I never blame. I just celebrate the life they did have, and carry them in my thoughts. I have had many deaths in the family/neighborhood, and it is the most intense form of sadness to see sombody you know, even just barely, laying before you in a lifeless body, and I cry now just typing about it. Gah, I just lost what I was thinking about...I have to go lay down...
I agree completely. Throughout my life, I have never believed in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny or anything illogical like that. I believe everything has a logical explanation. Thus, when we die, our conscious ceases to be, so you're unconscious forever. It saddens me to think of it that way, especially with loved ones, but it makes sense. I'm not religious,  but I respect people for hanging onto what they believe in. I've done it all my life.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Scotty

This has to be one of the most depressing topics I've read in a long time.

In all honesty, believe what you want when it comes to the afterlife.  Cling to a faith, a reason, a belief, whatever it is that motivates you to live a happy and fulfilling life.  I've seen a lot of lives cut short, people who will never have the chance to have a family because of a very quick moment in time that has ended what could have been a life worth living.  If you cling to the negativity of death, cry yourself to sleep over it, and wake up even more depressed than you were the day before, what direction are you going with your life?  Get out, explore the world, pick up a hobby.  My personal favourites have been rock climbing, skiing, surfing, drinking, etc...  If you spend all your time bent around when and how you are going to pass on, you're going to die a very unhappy individual whenever you do.  Believe me, when you've been at the scenes of death, come close to dying yourself, you learn to not take crap like this seriously, and you find that a death is not a time for mourning, but a time for celebrating the wonderful life they lived.  Instead of wondering where you will end up when you die, if you'll come back or just have all ties cut then and there, why not live a life that would make others smile with pride when it comes time to see you in the casket.  THAT should be made everyone's goal in life, not contemplating second chance possibilities.  If entrance to a paradise style after-life (i.e. heaven, or my belief: strip clubs with nothing but drop-dead gorgeous (pun intended) chicks and endless beer on tap) means living a good life full of happiness and accomplishments, have you done your best to ensure entrance?

Mr Pwnage

@Scotty:
Heh, I love how when you listed your hobbies you put drinking. XD

On a more serious note...I love the way you see things. Because, you look at religion and beliefs as goals that one should strive for, so even in our darkest moments, we can still find some hope and find ways to put up with the shit life throughs at us. It kind of feels good to know sombody is looking out for you, when your too weak to look out for yourself. I just wish the whole world could see religion this way, no matter what religion you may be, or even if your not religious. It sickens me that so many wars have started and lives lost just because some people fight over what they think happened, why their religion is right. It honestly doesn't matter if there's a golden gated heaven or not, or a strip club in the sky as Scotty hopes, as long as you find some reason to keep living. I don't believe in a heaven, as I have said, when you die I don't think anything happens, your just kinda gone. But why I keep living is because I feel, though I don't know what it is yet, that I have some purpose, and I can help change the world to a better place for everyone someday, in some way. So my motivation to stay alive is for the sake of the people I've come to know and love...

I'm trying to not get too personal here...but my dad is an alchoholic, and as you can imagine, life is no where near easy for me. I don't have the nicest mom either...and my younger brother has been warped to believe the way my parents treat me is right...my sister is different though, and she is my passion to keep living. I won't bother in going into all what my dad and mom have done to me for the 15 years I've been alive, because it isn't important, I have friends to help me get through the rough times, and I cherish the good ones. Sorry for taking this topic to a new emotional level, but when somthing is on my mind, like now, it really helps me to just right it down, and I have no problem with other people knowing, I am a pretty open person.

Point is, no matter your belief, find some reason that makes you happy, and gives you passion in life, and get out and meet people...friends are the brightest light there is when your in pitch black darkness.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

I try not to make assumptions. My belief on the afterlife is that no one knows what will happen. If you think you do, you are probably wrong. This guy you linked to, he's probably wrong. Most "near death" experiences are a result of the brain going through a ton of trauma. Even after your body is technically dead (breathing stops, heart stops) your brain is still firing off like crazy. In any case, I think people like Scott have the right idea. Live life to the fullest. Don't get caught up in trying to figure out unanswerable questions.

Chaos

My thoughts on humans is much like a computer.  When the 'hardware' is old or broken, and can no longer support running the 'software', it stops working.  Only difference is, a body that no longer functions is not so easy to be repaired.

@Delicious:  And no, despite your assurance, I do not feel the same emotions.  It's a concept I got used to a long time ago.  As corny as it sounds, as long as you remember, those that have died will live on in a legacy of memories.

Also, the thing is, you won't be 'stuck in a lifeless body' because you'd never be conscious of such a fact.  You know, cause you're dead.  As for the 'lonely emptiness' of death, I see it more as a chance to finally 'sleep', without ever having to worry about all the shit in life ever again.  No matter what you do in life, you WILL die.  No matter how hard you work, no matter how much shit you put up with, you WILL die.  It's because of this that I don't fear dieing.  I could die tomorrow with no regrets, because at least it saved me from having to put up with a lot of bullshit.

At the same time, I'm not about to go commit suicide, either.  I figure, if I'm living, I might as well live my life to the fullest of my ability.

Don't fear death.  Realize that it'll come eventually.  At the same time, realize that you only got one of them, so make the most of it, and fight like hell to keep it. 

I want people to know I feel this way, too.  When I die, I don't want people to mourn my death.  I want them to celebrate my life.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Delicious

Making this thread really helped me, actually, due to all the comments and opinions on death.
Must say now that I have started to believe that it's just best to live life to your fullest and get as much out of it as possible before the time comes. Celebrating the life lived, rather then the fact that you or a loved one is gone is a much easier approch towards everyone. Though, on after life scale, I just can't wonder but to think what is after - if anything. You see, the world has so much undiscovered facts, death being one as nobody has the proof that there is nothing afterwards, nor do they have anything to say that there isn't. It is just a mystery that will be left unsolved until the time comes, which I guess excites me in a way.
<3

Lucifer

Oh pitiful Humans...
If only you knew.