News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Death.. Then what?

Started by Delicious, July 30, 2009, 08:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

Quote from: Jake on April 05, 2010, 09:46:42 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on April 05, 2010, 09:18:37 PM
Oops. I meant: How did the people they brought back say how there time being dead was like?
Read up on NDE's and you can get a good idea... Despite the fact that brain waves have stopped, there are recorded cases of people having very lucid experiences.

This NDE in particular is very interesting. The woman is made clinically dead for a surgery, and reports her experience.
I knew a guy who had an NDE a while back, he said that he saw his relatives waiting too.
Also:
Quote from: Aqua on August 06, 2009, 08:13:03 PM
After his death, he became more aware of what was around him, because he was not limited by his human body, brain, or senses
Just putting out that I wrote this 8 months before reading that NDE you posted, where the woman's senses sharpened; and that's the only NDE I've ever read.
~Aqua

Jake

Quote from: Aqua on April 06, 2010, 08:44:48 PM
Quote from: Jake on April 05, 2010, 09:46:42 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on April 05, 2010, 09:18:37 PM
Oops. I meant: How did the people they brought back say how there time being dead was like?
Read up on NDE's and you can get a good idea... Despite the fact that brain waves have stopped, there are recorded cases of people having very lucid experiences.

This NDE in particular is very interesting. The woman is made clinically dead for a surgery, and reports her experience.
I knew a guy who had an NDE a while back, he said that he saw his relatives waiting too.
Also:
Quote from: Aqua on August 06, 2009, 08:13:03 PM
After his death, he became more aware of what was around him, because he was not limited by his human body, brain, or senses
Just putting out that I wrote this 8 months before reading that NDE you posted, where the woman's senses sharpened; and that's the only NDE I've ever read.
~Aqua
If you read up on more NDE's, it's actually pretty common for the out of body experiences to be extremely vivid. Many people report it as thinking clearly for the first time.

My grandma had an NDE when she was going through surgery a long long time ago. She said that she watched all the doctors work on her as she floated peacefully up to the corner of the room. When she woke up, she saw the doctor that had lead the surgery and said thank you. The doctor replied "How did you know I was the one that operated on you" (or something along those lines), and my grandma replied "Because I was watching you do it".

Lingus

Quote from: Jake on April 07, 2010, 01:39:43 AMIf you read up on more NDE's, it's actually pretty common for the out of body experiences to be extremely vivid. Many people report it as thinking clearly for the first time.
Probably has something to do with the process taking place in the brain at the time. If the brain really is working on some level, this level of functioning probably causes the person to feel this way. If this is the case, then all/most NDEs would be experienced in this way.

Quote from: Jake on April 07, 2010, 01:39:43 AM
My grandma had an NDE when she was going through surgery a long long time ago. She said that she watched all the doctors work on her as she floated peacefully up to the corner of the room. When she woke up, she saw the doctor that had lead the surgery and said thank you. The doctor replied "How did you know I was the one that operated on you" (or something along those lines), and my grandma replied "Because I was watching you do it".
Jake, sorry but that is really creepy to me.