News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ensuring widest dissemination

Started by Scotty, February 15, 2011, 01:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

I'm not one for sharing catastrophes experienced, as my emotions towards traumatic situations are my own to keep, and don't benefit others by sharing, but this is one that I personally was not directly involved in, and I truly believe that I am doing my fellow brothers in arms a disservice by not getting the word out.  This far exceeds any first hand experiences of my own, and I think General Kelly did an absolutely fantastic job of portraying their legacy in a matter that nearly puts you at the location itself when all Hell broke loose.  For my fellow Americans, I highly encourage you to take the 5-10 minutes out of your day to read General Kelly's words on this:

http://bejohngalt.com/2010/12/the-last-six-seconds/

I was in Iraq in 2008 when this happened, and I vividly remember the video and the photos.  He was not exaggerating when he described how car parts were thrown all over the place, and buildings were leveled.  This was one of the largest explosions a human can comprehend, nothing to be seen even on Mythbusters.  In all my time and all I've seen, this was by far one of the most damaging attacks on coalition forces that was, with the exception of two brave souls, a failure on the terrorists part.  I'm glad this story is being retold in the manner it should be.  I often don't make religious statements, but if there was ever a time, this is it.  God bless those two, treat 'em well up there, they've earned their passage.

Cactuscat222

That definitely welled up some emotions in me. It's stories like these that you can sit there and say "Thank God for those protecting me", but I really mean it when I say it... My brother himself is a Marine and is going to be deploying soon, and I always joke about how it's changed him into an evil person, but I know its really helped him and I can only imagine what it'd be like.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here