News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Areas of SO2|3 [2 EDITs]

Started by Aqua, June 24, 2009, 05:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

Here are all the places I can think of going...

• Caves with simple formations, some pools
  • Caves with iced, frozen formations
  • Caves with crystals, glossy walls, and neon metal compositions (glossy iron, some talc, turquoise colored veins)
  • Volcanic caves, cracks with red light emitting, orange-heated stones and patches of walls, maybe a magma river to cross
  • Deep caves with black silouettes for terrain
  • Swamp with few 'pads' to hop on, rest you sink in in and drown; monsters would hover over these
  • Marshes you could wade in, but unable to sit/crouch without dying unless on higher grounds
  • Riverbed(s) with mud, moss/algae hanging off of rocks, possibly sliding back if getting out
  • Wetlands with constant shallow water which you wade in, hills and mild terrain
  • High pinacles in sky, spikes coming out of 'the blue,' fall and die, land on one too thin and be impaled
  • 'Storm source' dark cloudy sky area with lightning effects/drops/enemies
  • Spiritlike City in the sky, buildings are not interactable, and translucent
  • Ashen lands with ash you wade in ash, and so do the enemies (almost invisable)
  • Wastlands with burnt trees, broken structures
  • Lightly frosted grasslands with frost-fog like environment
  • Iced over jagged plataeus, possible sliding movement, or healing reduction caused by ice
  • Taken from Life of Pi, a book I had to read in school, had a extremely good game idea that I just salivate over. There is a huge biological island made of intertwined algae, which becomes carnivorous at night. If you are curious for more, go to Spark Notes for it, and start looking at about Ch. 60
  • Van Gogh like world, with Picasso monsters, and maybe stats scrambled while in area; Obscure, but I'd enjoy it
  • Windswept plains, one of those places with average 40mph winds; you can probably come up with better ways to illustrate this than me
  • 'Springfield' lush, maybe with trees, environment with many strong springs with fountain like gushes; it would be nice to be pulled along, fun to be in a place where you can just hop from one 'treadmill' to another, and get wherever
  • Mechanical factory with bronze/brass technology, but cogs pipes and wires; cylanders pumping here and there, would make for odd (and dynamic) terrain to jump on. Maybe copter like mechanisms with a light/dark light censor would be an example of an enemy
  • Some of you saw my work (discontinued) on SO's bgs, and would be cool to have something similar with neumatic/hoverpad elevators; and flat, but ever transforming, terrain
Castles, towns, mountains, grasslands, and some others are just generic, these are all the creative ones I can think of now. I will probably add more later. I also think that at least 1 thing should never be added to the next SO from SO2, to remain a signeture of the SO2 version.
This will probably turn into an area suggestion topic lol... (Fine with me, I'll add them to my list.)

EDIT[01]:
Well, this is a more complex idea, so I won't exactly add it to the list. Disproportionate sized areas is always fun. Fungal forests would be interesting, but that is already in two books that I can think of off the top of my head (Journey to the Center of the Earth, Tunnels [good book]). But how about a reversed environment? A forrest of grass, with trees at blowing over your ankles? This to me seems good, but then again, I've always thought my ideas good. But what would your opinions be?
Updated final paragraph. Added an EDIT paragraph. Added 4 items to list content.
EDIT[02]:
Added 2 items to list content.
~Aqua

Petro

All are pretty original and neat ideas. I like the Swamp idea the best, and out of all your Cave ideas, I think the Volcanic cave sounds the coolest. The city in the sky sounds pretty cool too, though not being able to sit/crouch in the marshes lower areas would get annoying lol.

Meiun

Thanks for the ideas guys =]

Bread

I'm liking the "Reversed Environment" idea..

Danimal

Those are pretty inovative ideas, I also like how they would involve different tactics, to train/kill in a specific area.

crozier

The dispreportional idea sounds great.
Like bbbs and sand golems could be there.idk what else.

Aqua

Bumped for 1st and 2nd edit (Will bump after every other edit).

Thanks for the support, but I'd like to hear why you like the items, and what else you'd like to hear. This way I can get a popular opinion, and create more that you would like even better.
~Aqua

Rentofrent

I'm Impressed, I don't share idea's cause mine do NOT Make sence.
And Yes I agree, This idea is complex but still I think its explanatory enough.  ;)

EpicPhailure

Ooh, I've read Tunnels too! I've also read Deeper. Good series it is ;)

Anyways, back on topic, what do you mean by "but ever transforming, terrain"? Do you mean that everyday, the map changes?

Aqua

No, I mean that there'd be constantly pnuematic elevators, walls, floors, ceilings, and other objects constantly moving, so ti's like a new thing all the time, a shifting maze.
~Aqua

EpicPhailure

Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.