News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Poll/Discussion: Spawn rate and amount of bandits

Started by Dragx_Rage, April 04, 2011, 08:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think that both the spawn rate and the amount of bandits should be increased? Please read the initial post before voting.

Yes, by a lot.
31 (67.4%)
Yes, by a little.
8 (17.4%)
I don't mind.
1 (2.2%)
No, it is fine how it is.
6 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Dragx_Rage

Hey,

I think that both the spawn rate and the amount of bandits should be increased. Since the introduction of BA's the bandit area has gone from an area where a few low levels train before moving on to training at the temple or the desert, to a place where many high level players train while trying to obtain bandit covers and spire daggers. Even when there is just 2 or 3 high level players at the bandits, the bandits are killed quickly and with ease before having to wait while they respawn.

If the spawn and the amount of bandits increased it wouldn't affect lower levels training there as much there is enough a few higher level players there to help them out. Also it should be slightly harder for the lower level players there as there is the chance of BA's spawning and consequently the chance of obtaining a bandit cover and/or a spire dagger.

Thank you for your time, feedback and input would be greatly appreciated.

Prosper

I voted Yes by a lot.

15-20 bandits under branch with 2x spawn rate would be fine.

Also, so that new players dont get overran by them I suggest we put 5 at club house instead of 3 and also 2x spawn rate. It could then be refered to as the Nub house.

11clock

The mountain needs this more than the bandit forest. The spawn rate over there is so low it's extremely boring hunting for Rock Beasts.

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: 11clock on April 04, 2011, 10:18:21 AM
The mountain needs this more than the bandit forest. The spawn rate over there is so low it's extremely boring hunting for Rock Beasts.

Ahhh, I forgot about the mountain. I think both bandits and mountain could do with an increased spawn rate and the amount of monsters increased too.

Lucifer

I entirely support an increase in spawn speed rates or amounts, at bandits and elsewhere. The least interesting parts of this game is waiting for new spawns, and being forced to kill a reduced amount of enemies. It makes grinding all the more aggravating, and makes the entire experience feel more slow and drudging than it has to be.

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

stick d00d

Quote from: 11clock on April 04, 2011, 10:18:21 AM
QFT but bandits should also get this, so I voted yes.

Celson

Meh, I've never had any problems with the spawn rates. I voted no.

Chaos

What about if the spawn rates and max spawn limit was scaled based off how many people are in the area?  That way a newbie walking through an area that no one else is in at the moment doesn't get overrun by a huge amount of enemies?
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Chaos on April 04, 2011, 05:24:10 PM
What about if the spawn rates and max spawn limit was scaled based off how many people are in the area?  That way a newbie walking through an area that no one else is in at the moment doesn't get overrun by a huge amount of enemies?

Yeah, I was thinking that, but as I know hardly anything about coding I wasn't sure how much time and effort it would take.

Forum

Yes by alot for mountain and bandits. And by increasing bandits would that also increase black bunnys and white bunnys?
Officially quitted

T-Rok

Quote from: Forum on April 05, 2011, 04:16:43 PM
Yes by alot for mountain and bandits. And by increasing bandits would that also increase black bunnys and white bunnys?
Technically.. Yes. Its is going through more spawning cycles. However if no one is killing as fast as they spawn, it changes nothing.

CherryPie

What about if the spawn rates and max spawn limit was scaled based off how many people are in the area?  That way a newbie walking through an area that no one else is in at the moment doesn't get overrun by a huge amount of enemies?

The game would have to check every so often how many players are between x1 and x2 (xbeing the horizontal position value) that would turn out in even worse performance and lag. The best solution is lower the amount of spawn slots and increase the respawn rate dramatically.

-> Less monsters at the same time, but still always monsters to kill

edit: I also always thought that the skeleton spawn slots right from temple are useless. You always need some guy to bring them to temple, so mostly these aren't killed anyway. What I am saying is get rid of the unneccessary spawn slots to be able to increase spawn rate without getting worse overall server performance.

krele

Quote from: CherryPie on April 06, 2011, 05:29:34 AM
What about if the spawn rates and max spawn limit was scaled based off how many people are in the area?  That way a newbie walking through an area that no one else is in at the moment doesn't get overrun by a huge amount of enemies?

The game would have to check every so often how many players are between x1 and x2 (xbeing the horizontal position value) that would turn out in even worse performance and lag. The best solution is lower the amount of spawn slots and increase the respawn rate dramatically.

-> Less monsters at the same time, but still always monsters to kill

edit: I also always thought that the skeleton spawn slots right from temple are useless. You always need some guy to bring them to temple, so mostly these aren't killed anyway. What I am saying is get rid of the unneccessary spawn slots to be able to increase spawn rate without getting worse overall server performance.
Oh dear, this makes me feel you know nothing about how SO works :O. When a mob is spawned, all you receive is his x, y and ID. No matter how many spawn slots there are, it wouldn't make any difference when it comes to "lag". Every spawn area that meiun adds is one instance. Not even hundreds could harm fps, even on a low-end machine. The game also doesn't check about position of players, but global player number instead. Even if all players are at bandits, rock demons' spawn rate is increased.

CherryPie

Quote from: krele on April 06, 2011, 08:48:11 AM
Oh dear, this makes me feel you know nothing about how SO works :O. When a mob is spawned, all you receive is his x, y and ID. No matter how many spawn slots there are, it wouldn't make any difference when it comes to "lag".
I am aware of that, what I mean is, each monster object has to react on nearby players and it sure does make a difference, if you have 5 or 20 enemies that have to know where a player is. Of course the information is only collected once for a player and all enemies can work with that info, but each registered enemy instance, that has to react on the collected info, will create more server workload. (sorry for using the word lag there)

Quote from: krele on April 06, 2011, 08:48:11 AM
Every spawn area that meiun adds is one instance. Not even hundreds could harm fps, even on a low-end machine. The game also doesn't check about position of players, but global player number instead. Even if all players are at bandits, rock demons' spawn rate is increased.
I am also aware of that. Oh dear, I this makes me feel you know nuthing about how to read. Chaos' idea was that the game could check how many players are in a certain area, I know that that's not the case right now, so I was pointing out what has to be done to have such a system working and how this would possibly turn out in having more packages sent through the network and therefore in having a greater server sided lag.