News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Forum Adventures (Day 4) [ON HOLD]

Started by RayRay, April 05, 2011, 05:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New story? Vote upon your role, please!

Old player, continue this story!
1 (20%)
Old player, start a new one!
2 (40%)
New player, continue this story!
0 (0%)
New player, start a new one!
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

RayRay

Good choices!

Day 1; 1/10

Alvester and Ntertain head to F8!
CCB nudges to D9! The map updates and reveals a treasure chest!! However, it is a dead end. To open the chest, move to D10 and request to open.
Wulfgar uses his tunic to make hand-made bandages and heal 200 HP, thus Wulfgar loses 1 EP. (requires 1 EP for items and equipment) He looks around.

Needed Turns: Alvester + Ntertain, Wulfgar (this will rule out all unneeded turns. You can change it if you like, but you are not required to say anything if your name isn't here. Also if this was empty, more actions would proceed after Wulfgar.)

X: 0, Y: 0

Alvester and Ntertain are together at F8.
Wulfgar is at A5 still.
CCB is in the cave at B7.

X: 0, Y: 0, B7 Cave, L1

CCB is at D9.

Alvester (Lv. 1) - 500/500 - 100/100 - 250/250 - 85 Str, 75 Agi, 50 Mag, 25 Rst - 0/10 Exp
  • Inv(5/50): Medicine x5
  • Head: none
  • Body: Torn Clothes
  • Shield: Rusty Wing Shield +%3 Block Chance
  • Weapon: Claw +10 Str, +5 Agi
  • Hands: none
  • Legs: none
  • Feet: none
  • Accessory: none
  • Allied with: Ntertain
CCB (Lv. 1) - 2000/2000 - 65/65 - 325/325 - 82 Str, 35 Agi, 30 Mag, 38 Rst - 0/14 Exp
  • Inv(3/50): Medicine x3
  • Head: Paper Horns +3 Rst
  • Body: none
  • Shield: Cardboard Shield +%1 Block Chance
  • Weapon: Claws of Corrugation +7 Str
  • Hands: Paper Bracers of Prestidigitation +5 Agi
  • Legs: none
  • Feet: none
  • Accessory: Trinket of Corrugation +5 MP
Wulfgar (Lv. 1) - 450/1750 - 50/50 - 37/188 - 98 Str, 38 Agi, 25 Mag, 50 Rst - 0/10 Exp
  • Head: none
  • Body: none
  • Shield: N/A
  • Weapon: Warmaul "Tor" +10 Str, +%3 Critical Chance, -Shield Equip
  • Hands: none
  • Legs: Ripped Leggings
  • Feet: Cracked Leather Boots
  • Accessory: none
Ntertain (Lv. 1) - 800/800 - 50/50 - 500/500 - 70 Str, 78 Agi, 25 Mag, 43 Rst - 0/8 Exp
  • Head: Cheap Leather Hat +4 Rst
  • Body: Cheap Leather Tunic +5 Rst
  • Shield: Rusty Dagger +10 Str
  • Weapon: Rusty Dagger +10 Str
  • Hands: Cheap Leather Gloves +3 Rst
  • Legs: Cheap Leather Greaves +3 Rst
  • Feet: Cheap Leather Boots +2 Rst
  • Accessory: 26 Ninja Pendant +3 Agi
  • Allied with: Alvester

11clock

RayRay

Quote from: 11clock on April 12, 2011, 10:09:50 PM
Alvester votes to go to G8.
You know you could vote for a far place. For i.e. H8, if that's where you were planning to go.

EDIT: My #333rd post.

11clock

Quote from: RayRay on April 12, 2011, 10:10:58 PM
Quote from: 11clock on April 12, 2011, 10:09:50 PM
Alvester votes to go to G8.
You know you could vote for a far place. For i.e. H8, if that's where you were planning to go.

EDIT: My #333rd post.
I notice that you can do that, but I want to stop in front of the mountains before we adventure it.

Infection

Corrugated Cardboard Box - "Hey look! A chest! Could I have really found what I needed already?!"

CCB goes to D10 and requests to open the chest.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

T-Rok

Ntertain votes to follow.

Ntertain: What a dull place this is now that I'm actually paying attention. -_-"

Trogdor

After what seems like ages, Wulfgar arrives at the shore of a vast lake. Finally heeding his body's screams of protest, he relents and falls on his hands and knees in the soft silt of the shallows. A face stares back at him through the crystalline water; a face streaked in blood and caked in the prominent ochre beard adorning the face, with deep-set navy blue eyes and long, matted hair. Pale from exertion and wearing a grimace, Wulfgar finally recognized whose face that belonged to.

"I look like hell," Wulfgar muttered.

He dunks his head in the lake a few times and does his best to wash away the grime. Feeling slightly refreshed, he looks up and gets a better view of the lake's entirety. Something catches his eye a little ways down along the shore. He climbs to his feet once more and slowly approaches the dark mass plaguing the lake's immaculate shoreline. Upon closer inspection it reveals itself to be a mass of splintered wood, bits of torn sail and rigging, and a few intact barrels with the faded emblem of a Mj?llnir painted on the sides. Wulfgar immediately recognizes this crest as the one the Stolthets use to distinguish themselves from the neighboring tribes, but how pieces of the longboat ended up in a lake is unbeknownst to him. Whether this lake is in fact a large tidepool or if the storm was particularly violent did not matter to him, for his unsurmountable excitement quelled any idle speculation at that moment. He immediately starts scavenging through the wreckage in an attempt to find anything that might aid him.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

11clock

Quote from: Trogdor on April 12, 2011, 10:55:29 PM
After what seems like ages, Wulfgar arrives at the shore of a vast lake. Finally heeding his body's screams of protest, he relents and falls on his hands and knees in the soft silt of the shallows. A face stares back at him through the crystalline water; a face streaked in blood and caked in the prominent ochre beard adorning the face, with deep-set navy blue eyes and long, matted hair. Pale from exertion and wearing a grimace, Wulfgar finally recognized whose face that belonged to.

"I look like hell," Wulfgar muttered.

He dunks his head in the lake a few times and does his best to wash away the grime. Feeling slightly refreshed, he looks up and gets a better view of the lake's entirety. Something catches his eye a little ways down along the shore. He climbs to his feet once more and slowly approaches the dark mass plaguing the lake's immaculate shoreline. Upon closer inspection it reveals itself to be a mass of splintered wood, bits of torn sail and rigging, and a few intact barrels with the faded emblem of a Mj?llnir painted on the sides. Wulfgar immediately recognizes this crest as the one the Stolthets use to distinguish themselves from the neighboring tribes, but how pieces of the longboat ended up in a lake is unbeknownst to him. Whether this lake is in fact a large tidepool or if the storm was particularly violent did not matter to him, for his unsurmountable excitement quelled any idle speculation at that moment. He immediately starts scavenging through the wreckage in an attempt to find anything that might aid him.

Do you write books?

Trogdor

Quote from: 11clock on April 13, 2011, 08:42:42 AM
Do you write books?
Sorry, am I being too wordy? I guess I'm getting into the game a bit too much, but I can definitely throttle back. If you guys preferred I could take out all the miscellaneous details and just stick to my turn, for example: "Wulfgar walks to the lake's shore and finds some wreckage; he decides to scavenge through it." I don't want to hinder the game at all. :-X

Infection

Quote from: Trogdor on April 13, 2011, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: 11clock on April 13, 2011, 08:42:42 AM
Do you write books?
Sorry, am I being too wordy? I guess I'm getting into the game a bit too much, but I can definitely throttle back. If you guys preferred I could take out all the miscellaneous details and just stick to my turn, for example: "Wulfgar walks to the lake's shore and finds some wreckage; he decides to scavenge through it." I don't want to hinder the game at all. :-X

Haha, I personally, being a avid reader, love your writing. I don't mind it. And the way clock put it I think he was being serious. :P

Pretty much the only things that hinder the game the most are player response times. Not the post's themselves, since normally the time it takes for someone to read a long post, someone else hasn't posted in that time. I hope that made sense, heh.

Everyone has their own style, from what I see now, everyone is doing fine using their own.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

11clock

I was being serious. Your way of writing is amazing, and I'd love to read a novel written by you. Keep writing that way! :D

Trogdor

Thanks! In all honesty though, I actually detest writing. However, once in a blue moon I like to get creative and write for leisure, especially if it's in a community-based medium. I like hearing other people's stories as well as contributing my own to the plot.

And RayRay, I'm also guessing you're going to determine the loot system for this game, otherwise players might give themselves overpowered equipment/items. Am I correct to assume this?

T-Rok

Quote from: Trogdor on April 13, 2011, 02:23:24 PM
Thanks! In all honesty though, I actually detest writing. However, once in a blue moon I like to get creative and write for leisure, especially if it's in a community-based medium. I like hearing other people's stories as well as contributing my own to the plot.

And RayRay, I'm also guessing you're going to determine the loot system for this game, otherwise players might give themselves overpowered equipment/items. Am I correct to assume this?
Ntertain loots a +999 agility boot!

RayRay

I think your writing is very excellent, Trogdor. It keeps me entertained as I host this game.

I'm thinking about the chest Infection just found. What do you think I should do? Let the players decide what's in the chest w/ overpower prevention, or let me decide?

11clock