News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Forum Adventures (Day 4) [ON HOLD]

Started by RayRay, April 05, 2011, 05:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New story? Vote upon your role, please!

Old player, continue this story!
1 (20%)
Old player, start a new one!
2 (40%)
New player, continue this story!
0 (0%)
New player, start a new one!
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Trogdor

Quote from: RayRay on April 13, 2011, 06:30:40 PM
I'm thinking about the chest Infection just found. What do you think I should do? Let the players decide what's in the chest w/ overpower prevention, or let me decide?
I think to streamline the game and not have everyone decide if a certain item is appropriate considering its ease of attainment and stats, there should be two distinctions (harkening back to your first post): Items and Key Items. Instead of having both Items and Key Items being determined by the player(s), you should take complete control of the Items. Monster drops, chests, and the general loot system would fall under the Items category, and your jurisdiction. This way, instead of everyone squabbling over what the Rock Golem dropped and what its stats are to personally complement their own builds, you could either make that piece of equipment yourself (or equipments), or simply randomize it. This will give the party the opportunity to disperse equipment not suitable for them to another member, and encourage teamwork in general.

However, players could still have the chance to make up their own unique items pertaining to the story as you have also mentioned, such as finding a mysterious key or an ancient relic to shift the story in a new direction. They could also make up their own equipment, but must submit their proposal to you first to have it tweaked, if implemented at all.

For example, say Ntertain wanted to acquire the Dark Kodachi and asked for RayRay to implement it into the game for him. If the stats he made are fairly balanced considering the pros and cons (i.e. 12 Str and 7 Agi, but -10 Mag and -8 Rst) and RayRay gives his OK on it, then it could be fairly easy to obtain. Maybe spend a few turns searching for it or something like that. On the other hand, Alvester wants some Ceremonial Talvek Scale Armor, giving the stats +30 Rst, +20 Agi, and +300 Max HP. If he doesn't wish to compromise with some form of detrimental stat, then it should be a challenge to get, possibly requiring the aid of 3 - 4 party members fighting off a group of Talvek Sentries. Perhaps throw in a Talvek Elite Guard as a Boss that could drop it as a Key Item, and maybe a few regular Items for those party members who helped. Lastly, Wulfgar is feeling left out with everyone getting all of this really cool equipment, so he PM's RayRay with a giant Battleaxe that gives 120 Str and a 70% chance to critically strike. RayRay will (hopefully) dismiss the idea completely and scold him for wasting his time, and then encourage the rest of the players to badmouth him.

Of course this is just my personal opinion, and I honestly would be fine with anything you decide. I'm just along for the ride!
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

RayRay

Quote from: Trogdor on April 13, 2011, 07:45:17 PM
Quote from: RayRay on April 13, 2011, 06:30:40 PM
I'm thinking about the chest Infection just found. What do you think I should do? Let the players decide what's in the chest w/ overpower prevention, or let me decide?
I think to streamline the game and not have everyone decide if a certain item is appropriate considering its ease of attainment and stats, there should be two distinctions (harkening back to your first post): Items and Key Items. Instead of having both Items and Key Items being determined by the player(s), you should take complete control of the Items. Monster drops, chests, and the general loot system would fall under the Items category, and your jurisdiction. This way, instead of everyone squabbling over what the Rock Golem dropped and what its stats are to personally complement their own builds, you could either make that piece of equipment yourself (or equipments), or simply randomize it. This will give the party the opportunity to disperse equipment not suitable for them to another member, and encourage teamwork in general.

However, players could still have the chance to make up their own unique items pertaining to the story as you have also mentioned, such as finding a mysterious key or an ancient relic to shift the story in a new direction. They could also make up their own equipment, but must submit their proposal to you first to have it tweaked, if implemented at all.

For example, say Ntertain wanted to acquire the Dark Kodachi and asked for RayRay to implement it into the game for him. If the stats he made are fairly balanced considering the pros and cons (i.e. 12 Str and 7 Agi, but -10 Mag and -8 Rst) and RayRay gives his OK on it, then it could be fairly easy to obtain. Maybe spend a few turns searching for it or something like that. On the other hand, Alvester wants some Ceremonial Talvek Scale Armor, giving the stats +30 Rst, +20 Agi, and +300 Max HP. If he doesn't wish to compromise with some form of detrimental stat, then it should be a challenge to get, possibly requiring the aid of 3 - 4 party members fighting off a group of Talvek Sentries. Perhaps throw in a Talvek Elite Guard as a Boss that could drop it as a Key Item, and maybe a few regular Items for those party members who helped. Lastly, Wulfgar is feeling left out with everyone getting all of this really cool equipment, so he PM's RayRay with a giant Battleaxe that gives 120 Str and a 70% chance to critically strike. RayRay will (hopefully) dismiss the idea completely and scold him for wasting his time, and then encourage the rest of the players to badmouth him.

Of course this is just my personal opinion, and I honestly would be fine with anything you decide. I'm just along for the ride!
11 agrees, so I guess for items as of now, I control common monster drops and treasure chests. Everyone else can make up key items by randomly searching or defeating bosses. (in which I don't make bosses)

So now I'm gonna post the results! =D

Tip: Hello, I am a little thing RayRay added that can give additional advice. The tip right now is to have fun!

Day 1, Full Sunrise (2/10)
Alvester and Ntertain head to G8 and stop there.
The Cardboard Box that is Corrugated moves to D10 and opens the chest! He would've gotten 300 money, but RayRay needs to remember to remove the stupid system already! :x CCB gets Spiky Bracelets. Does he want to equip them? (look it up at the library for details. Equipment > Accessory)
Wulfgar regains consciousness and washes the grime off his face. He searches the shores of the lake for any guidance from the destruction of the longboat, and finds a Plank Board. (lol That's a small lake you got thar) Continue searching?

Needed Turns: Everyone

X: 0, Y: 0

Alvester and Ntertain are together at G8.
Wulfgar is at A5 STILL.
CCB is in the cave at B7.

X: 0, Y: 0, B7 Cave, L1

CCB is at D10.

Alvester (Lv. 1) - 500/500 - 100/100 - 250/250 - 85 Str, 75 Agi, 50 Mag, 25 Rst - 0/10 Exp
  • Inv(5/50): Medicine x5
  • Head: none
  • Body: Torn Clothes
  • Shield: Rusty Wing Shield +%3 Block Chance
  • Weapon: Claw +10 Str, +5 Agi
  • Hands: none
  • Legs: none
  • Feet: none
  • Accessory: none
  • Allied with: Ntertain
CCB (Lv. 1) - 2000/2000 - 65/65 - 325/325 - 82 Str, 35 Agi, 30 Mag, 38 Rst - 0/14 Exp
  • Inv(4/50): Medicine x3, Spiky Bracelets
  • Head: Paper Horns +3 Rst
  • Body: none
  • Shield: Cardboard Shield +%1 Block Chance
  • Weapon: Claws of Corrugation +7 Str
  • Hands: Paper Bracers of Prestidigitation +5 Agi
  • Accessory: Trinket of Corrugation +5 MP
Wulfgar (Lv. 1) - 450/1750 - 50/50 - 37/188 - 98 Str, 38 Agi, 25 Mag, 50 Rst - 0/10 Exp
  • Inv(4/50): Medicine x3, Plank Board
  • Shield: N/A
  • Weapon: Warmaul "Tor" +10 Str, +%3 Critical Chance, -Shield Equip
  • Legs: Ripped Leggings
  • Feet: Cracked Leather Boots
Ntertain (Lv. 1) - 800/800 - 50/50 - 500/500 - 70 Str, 78 Agi, 25 Mag, 43 Rst - 0/8 Exp
  • Inv(3/50): Medicine x3
  • Head: Cheap Leather Hat +4 Rst
  • Body: Cheap Leather Tunic +5 Rst
  • Shield: Rusty Dagger +10 Str
  • Weapon: Rusty Dagger +10 Str
  • Hands: Cheap Leather Gloves +3 Rst
  • Legs: Cheap Leather Greaves +3 Rst
  • Feet: Cheap Leather Boots +2 Rst
  • Accessory: 26 Ninja Pendant +3 Agi
  • Allied with: Alvester

Trogdor

Quote from: RayRay on April 13, 2011, 08:16:21 PM
Wulfgar regains consciousness and washes the grime off his face. He searches the shores of the lake for any guidance from the destruction of the longboat. (lol That's a small lake you got thar) Wulfgar gains 5 EP.
Quote from: Trogdor on April 12, 2011, 10:55:29 PM
He immediately starts scavenging through the wreckage in an attempt to find anything that might aid him.

Does this mean he didn't find anything from scavenging? :<

RayRay

Quote from: Trogdor on April 13, 2011, 08:39:50 PM
Quote from: RayRay on April 13, 2011, 08:16:21 PM
Wulfgar regains consciousness and washes the grime off his face. He searches the shores of the lake for any guidance from the destruction of the longboat. (lol That's a small lake you got thar) Wulfgar gains 5 EP.
Quote from: Trogdor on April 12, 2011, 10:55:29 PM
He immediately starts scavenging through the wreckage in an attempt to find anything that might aid him.

Does this mean he didn't find anything from scavenging? :<
Oh, I misread your post. Sorry. I'll edit it.

Infection

CCB casually opens the chest...

"Wow! Look at all that gold! There must be over 200 gold in there! But oh man look at these bracelets, they are so awesome. I think I am going to hold onto these Spiky Bracelets(not equip), who cares about the gold."

"Well, I am going to search the cave a bit more."

CCB heads to C7.

"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

11clock

Alvester looks up at the massive structure. He recognizes it.

Alvester: Could it be...what I've been hearing about in the rumors?
...It is...the Sacred Mountain! I can't believe that the rumors were true!
If that isn't the Sacred Mountain, I don't know what is!

The mountain range in Talvek rumors, the Sacred Mountain, has been discovered! What identifies it is 8 smaller mountains surrounding a very tall mountain in a perfect circle. The tip of the tall mountain reflects the sunlight, making the illusion of a large rainbow halo hovering above it.

Trogdor

Quote from: RayRay on April 13, 2011, 08:45:38 PM
Oh, I misread your post. Sorry. I'll edit it.
It's mostly my fault. I'll be sure to bold my turn actions from now on.

Brow glistening with perspiration, Wulfgar sifts through the wreckage along the lake's shore. He pries loose the timber and netting obstructing his path to the unopened barrels in the center, holding the promise of tools, weapons and armor that could aid him on his inevitable journey back to R?ttistapp. Finally managing to wriggle his way into the center, he confronts his last obstacle; a large, splintered piling nestled neatly on top of the barrels. Wulfgar wraps his arms around one end and attempts to wrestle the defiant piece of lumber off its resting place, but to no avail. Being lodged too deeply within the surrounding wreckage, he grasps Tor firmly in his hands and raises it high above his head, the bright sun playing off of the many dents and chinks on the war maul's head. All of the muscles in his body contract in tandem as he brings down the full force of Tor onto the splintered mid-section of the hapless log. A sharp CRACK penetrates the still air and sends nearby birds careening into the sky from their trees, cawing angrily at the sudden noise. The force of the blow crushes the rest of the piling in half, but also sends a loose plank rocketing into the air, hitting Wulfgar square in the jaw. Slightly agitated, he casts the renegade plank far into the lake, the ever-widening ripples of its impact tainting the lake's impeccably smooth surface.

Focusing back onto the task at hand, Wulfgar easily pushes the broken piling off of the barrels, revealing partially cracked lids caused from the shock wave. With excitement mounting, he wedges his fingers into the small fissures of the wooden covering and slowly pries it off. He peers inside the dark, damp interior and finds... nothing. He checks the other barrels and they, too are empty. Sighing abjectly, Wulfgar disentangles himself from the twisted pile of wood and decides to head elsewhere. Drawing from his knowledge of the ocean's currents, more of his ship's remnants could've drifted southward, so Wulfgar heads to A6. Before departing, he gulps down a few handfuls of the lake's water to prepare himself for the journey ahead.

T-Rok

Ntertain: Excuse my lack of knowledge, but they just look like mountains to me.

Ntertain looks around confused, unable to sense anything unusual about the mountains.

11clock

Alvester: The Sacred Mountain was a big rumor spread about the Talvek community. It's a tall mountain surrounded by 8 smaller mountains in a perfect circle. The rumors stated that great treasures can be found there. Look closely above the mountain and tell me what you see.

Infection

I would like to ask what a square tile size is, like how big it would be. For example, if I were to come out of the entrance to my cave, would I be able to see The Sacred Mountain from there? The small 1x1 lake? The ridge?

Should we all decide on a relative distance, or is it pre-defined?  ::)
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

11clock

I am assuming that each space is about a square kilometer.

RayRay

Quote from: 11clock on April 15, 2011, 09:36:39 AM
I am assuming that each space is about a square kilometer.
Precisely.

Is everyone done here?

11clock

Alvester votes to explore the Sacred Mountain (move to H8).

T-Rok

Ntertain: Oh wow, that is a magnificent rainbow. Wait.. It's shaped like a halo. o.O

Ntertain votes to explore the Sacred Mountain.

RayRay

Alright, looks like everyone wants results!

Alvester and Ntertain head and climb the Sacred Mountain!
CCB stores the Spiky Bracelet in his pocket and moves to D9.
Wulfgar throws the plank at the river and moves to A6, then 2 Blue Blobs appear! What will Wulfgar do?!?!

Required Turns: Alvester + Ntertain, Wulfgar

Battle at X: 0, Y: 0, A6
Wulfgar -><- Blue Blob x2

X: 0, Y: 0

Alvester and Ntertain are together in the Sacred Mountain at H8.
CCB is in the cave at B7.
A battle is taking place at A6 consisting of 2 Blue Blobs versus Wulfgar.

X: 0, Y: 0, B7 Cave, L1

CCB is at D9.

Alvester (Lv. 1) - 500/500 - 100/100 - 250/250 - 85 Str, 75 Agi, 50 Mag, 25 Rst - 0/10 Exp
  • Inv(5/50): Medicine x5
  • Body: Torn Clothes
  • Shield: Rusty Wing Shield +%3 Block Chance
  • Weapon: Claw +10 Str, +5 Agi
  • Allied with: Ntertain
CCB (Lv. 1) - 2000/2000 - 65/65 - 325/325 - 82 Str, 35 Agi, 30 Mag, 38 Rst - 0/14 Exp
  • Inv(4/50): Medicine x3, Spiky Bracelets
  • Head: Paper Horns +3 Rst
  • Shield: Cardboard Shield +%1 Block Chance
  • Weapon: Claws of Corrugation +7 Str
  • Hands: Paper Bracers of Prestidigitation +5 Agi
  • Accessory: Trinket of Corrugation +5 MP
Wulfgar (Lv. 1) - 450/1750 - 50/50 - 37/188 - 98 Str, 38 Agi, 25 Mag, 50 Rst - 0/10 Exp
  • Inv(4/50): Medicine x3, Plank Board
  • Shield: N/A
  • Weapon: Warmaul "Tor" +10 Str, +%3 Critical Chance, -Shield Equip
  • Legs: Ripped Leggings
  • Feet: Cracked Leather Boots
Ntertain (Lv. 1) - 800/800 - 50/50 - 500/500 - 70 Str, 78 Agi, 25 Mag, 43 Rst - 0/8 Exp
  • Inv(3/50): Medicine x3
  • Head: Cheap Leather Hat +4 Rst
  • Body: Cheap Leather Tunic +5 Rst
  • Shield: Rusty Dagger +10 Str
  • Weapon: Rusty Dagger +10 Str
  • Hands: Cheap Leather Gloves +3 Rst
  • Legs: Cheap Leather Greaves +3 Rst
  • Feet: Cheap Leather Boots +2 Rst
  • Accessory: 26 Ninja Pendant +3 Agi
  • Allied with: Alvester

EDIT: There's one thing I forgot to keep up with. The EP... Wait, I don't need to change anything since the only things you all did was walk.