News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Forum Adventures (Day 4) [ON HOLD]

Started by RayRay, April 05, 2011, 05:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New story? Vote upon your role, please!

Old player, continue this story!
1 (20%)
Old player, start a new one!
2 (40%)
New player, continue this story!
0 (0%)
New player, start a new one!
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Infection

Corrugated Cardboard Box lurks carefully through the cave. Taking in his surroundings, it just seems like the entire cave is one big maze. He decides to bring up a technique a friend taught him called Composing before moving any further..

CCB: "Let's hope I still know what I am doing..."

Corrugated Cardboard Box begins mixing 2 of his potions. He gets the hang of it quite quickly and before he knows it, there lies a stronger potion in front of him.

CCB gains x1 Strong Potion

Corrugated Cardboard Box then begins to pass further into the cave. Going to E6. As he is walking, he begins talking.

CCB: "This cave is getting un-naturally quiet. You would think that their would be something here to fend me off since there is something in here that I need to get. But who knows how big this cave is."

CCB: "Hm, I wonder how I got here, I mean sure, I found the cave and went into it, but I mean this place. I just blacked out and it seems like I appeared in a whole new world. And that bird...his eyes were really weird, one was grey, and one was green. They stared at my unmoving. Creeped me out. But...right before I blacked out...I did see a flash...sort-of looked like lightning. It was pretty fast, if I blinked I would've missed it."
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

RayRay

Just making sure you all know this: On the overworld, 1 square is 1 sq. km. In the caves, 1 square is 1/20th of a kilometer. So if you see below, Wulfgar and CCB is 2 squares apart. This means they're 1/10th of a kilometer. Just enough to see each other.

Tip: How about making a town?

Day 1; 9/10 (the sundown is coming...)
Alvester is still sitting on the ground. "What's taking that ninja so long?"
Ntertain stabs the blob from the back! The daggers deals 301 damage! The blob screams as it collapses into a puddle! Ntertain gains 4 Exp. Only 2 more to go!
The CCB combines his 2 Medicines and mixes them to make a Strong Medicine! (which I assume restores 650 HP like in my example) The CCB moves to D5. It looks like this path keeps on going.
Wulfgar, feeling regenerated, heads inside the cave. To your right, you see a brownish spot that looks like it's moving.

Required Turns: Ntertain

X: 0, Y: 0

Alvester and Ntertain are at the Sacred Mountain at H8.
CCB and Wulfgar is in the cave at B7.

X: 0, Y: 0, B7 Cave, L1

CCB is at D5.
Wulfgar is at D7.

Alvester (Lv. 1) - 500/500 - 100/100 - 250/250 - 75+10 Str, 75+5 Agi, 50 Mag, 25 Rst - 2/10 Exp
  • Inv(5/50): Medicine x5
  • Head: none
  • Body: Torn Clothes
  • Shield: Rusty Wing Shield +%3 Block Chance
  • Weapon: Claw +10 Str, +5 Agi
  • Hands: none
  • Legs: none
  • Feet: none
  • Accessory: none
  • Allied with: Ntertain
CCB (Lv. 1) - 2000/2000 - 65/60+5 - 324/325 - 75+7 Str, 30+5 Agi, 30 Mag, 35+3 Rst - 0/14 Exp
  • Inv(3/50): Medicine, Strong Medicine, Spiky Bracelets
  • Head: Paper Horns +3 Rst
  • Body: none
  • Shield: Cardboard Shield +%1 Block Chance
  • Weapon: Claws of Corrugation +7 Str
  • Hands: Paper Bracers of Prestidigitation +5 Agi
  • Accessory: Trinket of Corrugation +5 MP
Wulfgar (Lv. 1) - 529/1750 - 50/50 - 21/188 - 88+10 Str, 38 Agi, 25 Mag, 50 Rst - 4/10 Exp
  • Inv(3/50): Medicine x3
  • Shield: N/A
  • Weapon: Warmaul "Tor" +10 Str, +%3 Critical Chance, -Shield Equip
  • Legs: Ripped Leggings
  • Feet: Cracked Leather Boots
Ntertain (Lv. 1) - 800/800 - 50/50 - 473/500 - 50+20 Str, 75+3 Agi, 25 Mag, 25+18 Rst - 6/8 Exp
  • Inv(6/50): Medicine x5, Ancient Relic (K)
  • Head: Cheap Leather Hat +4 Rst
  • Body: Cheap Leather Tunic +5 Rst
  • Shield: Rusty Dagger +10 Str
  • Weapon: Rusty Dagger +10 Str
  • Hands: Cheap Leather Gloves +3 Rst
  • Legs: Cheap Leather Greaves +3 Rst
  • Feet: Cheap Leather Boots +2 Rst
  • Accessory: 26 Ninja Pendant +3 Agi
  • Allied with: Alvester

T-Rok

Ntertain continues searching for the relics while stealthed.

RayRay

Note: The black areas are pits. You can't cross them, but you can go down them and find a cave system. Better yet, a town.

Day 1; 10/10 (the sun falls from behind)
Ntertain throws his relic, goes in Stealth mode, finds another one, and throws it.
Alvester fits in the 2 pieces at the door. The sentence he completes reads, "Without that link, they will die."
The CCB nudges to E6. This path just keeps going!
Wulfgar, curious, follows the brown spot to D7.
The sun goes out of sight, and night falls.

Night 1; 1/10
Ntertain finds another relic.
Alvester snatches the relic and fits it in. How many pieces could possibly be missing?
CCB goes deeper into the cave. (that's what she said) You hear someone getting attacked at the echoing behind. You turn around and see someone. Will you look at go to him?
Trogdor follows the brown. SNAP! 2 Bats and a Giant Rat attack from behind you!
Bat 2 goes in for the bite! Wulfgar takes 125 damage! Guess what?! Wulfgar's Rare Attack flares up!

Required Turns: CCB, Wulfgar

Battle at X: 0, Y: 0, B7 cave, E6
Wulfgar -><- Bat x2, Giant Rat

CCB is at E5. (I made a mistake on your location previously.)
Wulfgar is at D6 fighting.

Alvester (Lv. 1) - 500/500 - 100/100 - 250/250 - 75+10 Str, 75+5 Agi, 50 Mag, 25 Rst - 2/10 Exp
CCB (Lv. 1) - 2000/2000 - 65/60+5 - 324/325 - 75+7 Str, 30+5 Agi, 30 Mag, 35+3 Rst - 0/14 Exp
Wulfgar (Lv. 1) - 404/1750 - 50/50 - 21/188 - 88+10 Str, 38 Agi, 25 Mag, 50 Rst - 4/10 Exp - RA activated
  • Inv(3/50): Medicine x3
  • Feet: Cracked Leather Boots
Ntertain (Lv. 1) - 800/800 - 50/50 - 468/500 - 50+20 Str, 75+3 Agi, 25 Mag, 25+18 Rst - 6/8 Exp - Status: Stealth

Trogdor

Eh, sorry for not posting sooner, I just got off work. You did everything that I was going to do anyways, so it's all good.
Quote from: RayRay on April 17, 2011, 04:33:32 PM
2 Bats and a Giant Rat attack from behind you!
FML...

I'll PM you about my turn concerning the rare attack, and will eventually edit this with a short description with everything Wulfgar's done.

Edit:
Feeling slightly better, Wulfgar stands up and stretches. He picks up Tor leaning against a nearby tree before heading into the dark cave, every step echoing off the surrounding walls. The light of day is slowly swallowed up by the blackness, but Wulfgar continues unfazed, the allure of the unknown coaxing him on. He eventually emerges into a dimly lit cave system. Long abandoned torches line the walls in their brackets, the majority of them burnt out. A brave few still sputter to keep their fires alive, the flames dancing sporadically and casting grotesque shadows against the cave walls. In this light, Wulfgar is just able to make out a strange, brown shape moving in the distance, though friend or foe he knows not. Deciding to follow the mysterious creature, he removes his boots to muffle the sound of his footsteps, lest he scare the creature away... or provoke it to attack.

Before he has a chance to resume stalking his target, he feels the flesh on his shoulder slice open, warm blood dripping down his back. As he whirls around and throws off the filthy blood-sucking bat, he comes face to face with more of the cave's tenants: another hairy bat and an unusually large rat. Too absorbed in following the strange brown shape, he had no idea that he, too, was being stalked... the hunter has now become the hunted. Severely injured and outnumbered, Wulfgar prepares himself for what very well could be his final battle.

Quite suddenly, time seems to slow down as Wulfgar braces himself against his foes. His body loosens of its own accord and is filled with an eerie calmness... an unsettling one, much like the calm experienced before a great and terrible storm. Clenched in between sweating palms, Tor seems to lighten considerably. Mildly intrigued by this phenomenon, Wulfgar hesitantly removes his left hand, letting it fall limply at his side. Miraculously, Tor remains erect in front of him; the overburdening weight of the maul being held up by a single arm's strength... almost unnoticeable. He idly swings Tor around in the air before driving its blunted head into the rocky ground in front of him with a deafening CRACK, amplified even further by the myriad of echoes rebounding off the cave's walls.

The three beasts recoil from the sound, their sharp movement reminding Wulfgar of their presence. Wanting to take advantage of this trance-like state before it disappears as suddenly as it appeared, Wulfgar locks his gaze onto the monsters in front of him. Feeding Tor the strength of both arms, he twists around and cleaves the air with the maul. Using his body's weight as a counterbalance to compliment the sheer momentum of Tor, this perfectly synchronized destructive dance strikes all three monsters with a staggering blow, dealing severe damage to each one. Wulfgar's Rare Attack has been activated!
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Infection

Corrugated Cardboard Box is walking further into the cave, when suddenly he hears something behind him!

"Hm...huh? What's that? Hello?"

Corrugated Cardboard Box runs back to investigate at D6.

As he is running, he murmurs to himself...

"That sounds like another person being attacked, I'm not alone!"

OOC: Oh, and to everyone calling my character "The CCB" or "The Corrugated Cardboard Box", that is the actual name of the person. CCB are the initials, and Corrugated is the first name, Cardboard is the middle, while Box is the last name. Heh. "The" makes it seem like it is a thing, while it is rather not one, it is a person.

RayRay

These turns are coming pretty quick. It's actually pretty motivating.

Note: You can still join the game, but you have to wait for someone to find an (underground) town.

Night 1; 2/10
Ntertain stays out of sight and looks for an Ancient Relic, but turns out he can't find any.
Alvester, tired of waiting, decides to hunt and find the Relics with Ntertain!
CCB rushes after the being being attacked! He looks like... a human! He is fighting what looks like a huge rat and bats. Suddenly a whirlwind appears around him! After the blinding wind, you see all 3 of his enemies fallen on the ground. He was also holding something that belongs to you.
Wulfgar uses his Rare Attack, Whirlwind! Wulfgar pulls his Warmaul very far to his left, and releases a burst of momentum and swings Tor very fast! The Warmaul makes a huge tornado around Wulfgar, throwing all of his enemies in the air! As they smash into each other, Bat 1 takes a massive 1,119 damage, Bat 2 takes a massive 981 damage, and the Giant Rat takes a massive 951 damage!!! All 3 enemies faint!
Wulfgar gains 16 Experience and rises to Level 2! +9 max HP. (lol Raising to Level 2 won't give that much, but the later levels give a lot bigger rewards.) How lucky! Wulfgar gets a Bat Wing, a Fang, and a piece of Rotten Cheese! Triple drop! There were also Cardboard Folds of Conjuration, which looks like it suits a box.
After you stop focusing on your enemies, you see the brown spot came a lot closer towards you. It looks like a box with a face on it. You were following a cardboard box?! Looks like the Cardboard Folds of Conjuration belong to it.

Required Turns: Wulfgar, CCB

CCB is at E6.
Wulfgar is at D6.

Wulfgar (Lv. 2) - 413/1759 - 50/50 - 21/188 - 88+10 Str, 38 Agi, 25 Mag, 50 Rst - 10/20 Exp
  • Inv(8/50): Medicine x3, Bat Wing, Fang, Rotten Cheese, Cardboard Folds of Conjuration, Cracked Leather Boots
Ntertain (Lv. 1) - 800/800 - 50/50 - 468/500 - 50+20 Str, 75+3 Agi, 25 Mag, 25+18 Rst - 6/8 Exp - Status: Stealth

Infection

Corrugated Cardboard Box just stands there...amazed, yet confused at the same time...what he sees is a figure of a human, a being that he once terrorized in the world he had once been in. This figure looks heavily muscled. Looking a bit closer, he sees the figure is surrounded by 3 other figures, when all of a sudden, the muscle guy swings what looks like a large hammer around very quickly annihilating all three foes.

CCB is confused as to whether or not to approach him, but he decides the guy isn't in his best shape to take himself, so he walks up to him. All the while he forgets that not many have seen a talking Cardboard Box.

"Hey, are you alright? My name is Corrugated Cardboard Box. Just call me CCB though, you look pretty hurt..."

<awaits Wulfgar's response. Don't consider this the end of my turn, this conversation will be a nice turnpoint in the storyline I think>

Trogdor

Quote from: RayRay on April 17, 2011, 08:05:05 PM
The Warmaul makes a huge tornado around Wulfgar, throwing all of his enemies in the air!
Haha, not exactly what I was going for, but I like your creative twist on it. Do we get a few stat points upon leveling up to spend on Mag, Rst, etc. or are our stats fixed? And lastly, are you sure the "Rare Attack" state lasts for about half a day?

Wulfgar looks up after his improvised attack. Three corpses lay battered and broken on the ground, blood slowly pooling around the lifeless sacks of flesh and hair. Flecks of blood cover the surrounding cave walls, glinting like rubies in the soft torchlight. How peculiar... it's almost as if his body knew what to do in that brief moment before that fatal attack. Wulfgar attempts to replicate it, but fails every time. Perhaps the heat of battle is required to delve that deep into his body's store of physical technique, awakening only when his body sees fit.

Wulfgar serenely meanders towards the carnage, looting the spoils the creatures had relinquished: a sharp fang, a (surprisingly) intact bat wing, and putrified cheese. Being resourceful, he decides to keep all three items, no matter how outlandish they seem. As he walks back, he notices this strange calmness has yet to fade away. He had never fought without anger before in his life, and yet in that last attack he harbored no resentment or ill-will towards those monsters. He simply saw them as an obstacle?a minor inconvenience?and swept them out of his way. Robbing him of any kind of feeling or emotion, this strange trance leaves Wulfgar feeling... empty. However, this emptiness is not the same as a void or chasm, nor is it attributed to a sense of longing or loss. It's an almost tangible substance that fills him; a nothingness that veritably pervades his entire being. Lacking everything and requiring nothing, this heightened awareness allows him to exist as a seamless action, fighting with unbridled strength and control in this trance-like state.

At that moment, the very same creature Wulfgar was following earlier appears before him. It looks like some sort of possessed crate, though made of a different material than wood. It appears to have eyes and ears, as well as weaponry and armor in the same strange material. Suddenly the being speaks! Wulfgar is taken aback that such an odd creature could possess the tongue of man.

"Hail and well met, CCB. I am Wulfgar, son of Hrothgar. I wouldn't concern yourself too much with these flesh wounds; I've been through worse. As for my handiwork?Wulfgar makes a gesture towards the corpses?I am unsure of that as well. At any rate, how did your strange form manage to wrest life from the clutches of mortals and imbue yourself with its power? Surely a wooden crate doesn't spark to life by itself!"

Edit: I haven't used my turn yet, just going to converse with Mr. CCB a bit.

Infection

For some reason, the voice I read Wulfgar's voice in made myself laugh. Especially at the word "Handiwork"

--

Seeing the man as not a threat gives a sense of relief to CCB.

"Well, it's nice to see you mean no harm. As for how I came to be, I was a ordinary box and a strange substance spilled on me. It gave me life, something I wish I had never gotten. You see, after this substance tainted me, I couldn't control myself and reaked havoc upon the lives of who lived around me. My mind stayed in-tact, but I watched and felt all the horrible things my body did. Slowly over time, I began to gain control over my body, and then I locked myself away in a house. Never to be seen. I gained full-control to my body for the first time and stepped outside. Suddenly, I saw a flash and blacked out, awakening outside this cave. In this strange world, no one to be found."

"Do you know how you got here? Any similarities? I hope to get back to the normal world I was in, or maybe I already am, and this place is just abnormally different. Here, I don't need this as much as you probably will."

CCB uses x1 Strong Potion on Wulfgar healing ~600 health.

"That should make you feel a lot better. As for why I am here, a strange bird told me that something in this cave I needed to have. I have no idea what it is though."

CCB backs up a little bit, eying everything around him.

"Well, what do ya' say? It looks like we may be the only two people in this strange place, and traveling by yourself is surely no fun. Not to mention if we are to survive, we will probably need to stick together. You want to team-up? We can both figure out a way out of here."

--

Also, it seems that Trogdor and I are quite opposite, he adds lots of description and minor dialogue, while I have LOTS of dialogue, and little description.

RayRay

Quote from: Trogdor on April 17, 2011, 09:36:39 PM
The Warmaul makes a huge tornado around Wulfgar, throwing all of his enemies in the air!
Haha, not exactly what I was going for, but I like your creative twist on it. Do we get a few stat points upon leveling up to spend on Mag, Rst, etc. or are our stats fixed? And lastly, are you sure the "Rare Attack" state lasts for about half a day?
Thank you. =)

No, you're stats are fixed. However, rumor there's items that raises your stats. So they are fixed, but only without items. And yes, I will go for half a day. You will see when the bosses come your way.

As for Infection, you can't multi-turn. My solution is that Trogdor walks to you instead and you use the potion. How does that work? By the way, don't forget the armor he has.

EDIT: For Infection's post, I'm sure 11clock will come up with something about the 'strange substance' poured on you that gave you evil life. If he does, this game will get SO much interesting. =D

Infection

Quote from: RayRay on April 17, 2011, 10:02:49 PM
Quote from: Trogdor on April 17, 2011, 09:36:39 PM
Thank you. =)

No, you're stats are fixed. However, rumor there's items that raises your stats. So they are fixed, but only without items. And yes, I will go for half a day. You will see when the bosses come your way.

As for Infection, you can't multi-turn. My solution is that Trogdor walks to you instead and you use the potion. How does that work? By the way, don't forget the armor he has.

It isn't really a multi-turn, I figured the entire conversation would go on in a single thing, and I just had to have a response to continue my dialogue. And I had already posted it that I walked up to him before? My character also heard Trogdor's character, so I would naturally find him first.

PM or post a solution as I am lost on what to do now. Haha. And I still want to use the potion regardless of his armor. It works as if I normally drank a potion, can't you make someone take a potion? Or do they have to accept it?

Trogdor

My solution is that Trogdor walks to you instead and you use the potion. How does that work? By the way, don't forget the armor he has.
Yeah, that sounds fine to me. Also, what armor do I have? All I'm wearing at the moment are ripped pants. ^^

CCB pours a strange elixir over his wounds, instantly mending them!
"I thank you, friend. I shall repay this act of kindness to you in full one day."

Wulfgar listens to CCB's tale, brow furrowed in concentration.
"Hrmm... that is indeed a strange story. I shall help you locate this item that bird told you about. As for myself, I was part of a raiding party to fight against an enemy tribe. As we were sailing to our destination, a storm blew in from nowhere. Everyone to my knowledge was killed, and I was severely wounded. I woke up in this strange land; my armor, weapons, and provisions all swallowed by the waves... save Tor. I eventually made my way to this cave, and here I stand before you!"

"And yes, I agree whole-heartedly with you: teaming up would benefit us both. I look forward to fighting by your side!"

RayRay

Quote from: Trogdor on April 17, 2011, 10:17:38 PM
My solution is that Trogdor walks to you instead and you use the potion. How does that work? By the way, don't forget the armor he has.
Yeah, that sounds fine to me. Also, what armor do I have? All I'm wearing at the moment are ripped pants. ^^
The Cardboard Folds of Conjuration.

Are you two done? I'm anxious to post. lol I like what you two are coming up with.

CCB and Wulfgar form a team!

Trogdor

Yep, I think we're done here. I used a turn to walk to him, and he used his turn to use a potion on me. Also, what are these Cardboard Folds of Conjuration, and how did I manage to get them? o.o