News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Quests

Started by GaZ, June 25, 2009, 02:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaZ

Originally I was thinking on the lines of having an item shop that just sold the holiday items that you could buy with your gold, but since everyone has enough gold to buy most things, I started to think along the lines of making it a bit more interesting by having a 'quest' to collect the items from various monsters.
an example follows:- to be able to get the punkin, you would need to collect 10 x Jellies (Blobs) 5 x Spikey Thorns (Cacti) 2 x Smelly Water (skelly) these items drop from the monsters occaisionally, once you had collected the required amount you could go and exchange them for the item in the shop.

Aqua

I like it, but I think you'd need to get more than what you suggested (I know it was an example). However, this would kind of be straining on inventories. On Emo, if I have only the necessity items, I'll still have about 2 inventory spaces left. I never could get a Jacko Hat... I got somewhere near 10 Pumkin hats though.

Also, personally, I think the DS should drop Lantern, about as rare as SH ;)
~Aqua

Danimal

Hmm, I reckon holiday items should stay obtainable only on holidays. Mainly because this makes the events special, with your suggestion, holiday events would lose most of their appeal.
   I think there could be an idea to have a select few weapons or items that a task would need to be done to obtain, however it should be a hard challenge and not easy or quick to get, making the whole ordeal worth it to seperate yourself from other players. This might put a bit more motivation into grinding, and would allow experianced players to have something that luck won't get you, as some players have expressed frustration from low levels getting decent items early.

Aqua

Quote from: Danimal on June 25, 2009, 11:07:49 AM
as some players have expressed frustration from low levels getting decent items early.
Yeah, people like +(lll_-)+ getting a freaking GS at level 6... Douchebag.

I just really lubb lantern. It's epic, and has only been in 1 lil bit of time, and not very many people got it. I doubt SO2 will last until next holloween, so I think it should be obtainable some point before SO3 is released.
~Aqua

Petro

Quote from: GaZ on June 25, 2009, 02:54:43 AM
an example follows:- to be able to get the punkin, you would need to collect 10 x Jellies (Blobs) 5 x Spikey Thorns (Cacti) 2 x Smelly Water (skelly) these items drop from the monsters occaisionally, once you had collected the required amount you could go and exchange them for the item in the shop.

This sounds like a MapleStory quest lol.

I pretty much agree with what Danimal said about Holiday items only being obtainable on holidays, but maybe you could get a weaker, but cool looking, weapon or something so it is still a challenge to get good items, since most quests in games are usually easy. Harder ones seem to be just more time consuming more than actually harder. Quests just giving exp would be useful too, since straight grinding can get pretty annoying and boring.

Forum

When i saw this quest topic i thought of alot of other games. I don't see SO having quests but if there was a quest, an exp reward would be good.
Officially quitted

Bread

Quote from: Forum on June 25, 2009, 01:04:05 PM
I don't see SO having quests
The first StickOnline (black&white) had quests. A few, I believe. One was to go to the treehouse and obtain a book for the Shady Hat person.

I love the idea of quests.

GaZ

The only reason for having holiday items available is for themed pvp, there's always someone left out purely because they don't have the required item, but that said, yeah it would make holiday events less special.

Back to the quest part, I agree the invent would have to have more space, already there is no space with the recent items added to the game.

And yes a whole lot of games have quests like I mentioned, the idea wasn't unique, it's just a suggestion to get people more involved in the game other than train, pvp, train, and since it's a closed server, there's not many new chars you can help level so we need something to keep us busy :)

ARTgames

Quote from: Bread on June 25, 2009, 02:30:57 PM
Quote from: Forum on June 25, 2009, 01:04:05 PM
I don't see SO having quests
The first StickOnline (black&white) had quests. A few, I believe. One was to go to the treehouse and obtain a book for the Shady Hat person.

nope. it was like this stick online without the levels and weps.

EpicPhailure

No, it actually had that quest. Me and GIS did it on the demo version of S.O. 1

ARTgames

Quote from: Epicphail on June 27, 2009, 12:13:02 PM
No, it actually had that quest. Me and GIS did it on the demo version of S.O. 1
i dont know about the mplay one but i know for sure the 39 one did not. and i dont count the mplay one because it was not a really mmo.

EpicPhailure

Anyways, back on topic, what's obvious is that if we're going to have quests, we should have a bigger variety of tasks. Who wants a game where all you do is fetch quests and kill quests? We need more than that. We need

'Go to this guy, get this from him, go to this place, put that thing in the shrine, defeat whatever comes out, come back to me, and get your reward.'

That's not necessarily a fetch quest. It's much more interesting because you have to go back and forth, and you actually have to read the dialogue to know what you have to do. Or at least, that's the way those are intended to be.

Demeni

SO always has been kind of refrained from quests. Excluding the feather hat thing in SO1. Apart from quests themselves, I think that holiday items should only be available on holidays, kind of like a memento that "I was there" When something happened. Just a little bit of bragging rights.

Aqua

Some things just don't drop for some people. I was there for the entire Holloween, and never got a Jackolanter, while I got about 10 pumkin hats.

Trogdor was there for the entire Easter last year, and didn't get 1 set of ears.

Maybe holiday item quests during the holidays...
~Aqua

EpicPhailure

I think hunting for the item from the monster would be more fun, and add a bigger feeling of accomplishment after you've gotten it. I mean, the Easter event this year ran for like, 1-2 weeks? If you actually put some effort into it, then you're pretty much guaranteed to have some type of Bunny Ears. Hunting for it is another thing, because there's a CHANCE that the item is going drop or not.

I'm assuming you mean that we'll hunt for some items from the bunnies and turn them in for the item we want, since anything else would defeat the purpose of hunting for it.