News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Halloween event

Started by darkflash, April 25, 2011, 04:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkflash

Hey since we didn't get one After the Easter event is over I think it would be totally appropriate for us to have a Halloween event now. I have never attended one and think it would be fair that we get one now since we missed it thanks.

sly 3 4 me

Translation: I think it would be nice if we could have a Halloween event because we did not have one last year. I was not able to attend the ones in the previous years and last year there was an unavoidable reason of Meiun's computers being stolen.

Freeforall

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on April 25, 2011, 05:18:52 PM
Translation: I think it would be nice if we could have a Halloween event because we did not have one last year. I was not able to attend the ones in the previous years and last year there was an unavoidable reason of Meiun's computers being stolen.
Lol...

I don't think we should have a Halloween event right now. It's almost summer :s

House

Quote from: Freeforall on April 25, 2011, 05:23:14 PM
Quote from: sly 3 4 me on April 25, 2011, 05:18:52 PM
Lol...

I don't think we should have a Halloween event right now. It's almost summer :s
summer it almost winter you mean

darkflash

House!? And ya thats what I ment but It doesn't really matter that it's summer we missed the last one so it'd actually make sense.

House

Quote from: darkflash on April 25, 2011, 06:01:26 PM
House!? And ya thats what I ment but It doesn't really matter that it's summer we missed the last one so it'd actually make sense.
we can wait till the next one and i live in australia and it is almost winter

darkflash

oh ic that's wierd and ya we could but we missed out on one D:

Infection

That sounds a bit selfish. Don't get me wrong, having a event of anything would be cool. But the whole point of seasonal/holiday events are that they only come around every so often. If you are part of that event, and it is brought up at a later day, you get the privilege of saying "Hey! I was there!" and it is self-assuring and makes you feel like you contributed to something.

Having it now would not only feel out-of-place, but be un-ethical because if a event would have happened, it wouldn't be fair to the people that would have attended it and the people attending it now would be cheating the people that would have attended it out of some longevity bragging rights.

We never missed out on one. I don't think events are a guaranteed thing to happen. It is just a bonus if they do.
Honestly, we don't need one, we are having/had a Easter Event and having one right after another would be just wrong in my eyes.

Meiun isn't supposed to spoon-feed us. If it got to the point where the only thing that gained interest in the game is events, then it lowers the overall originality of the game, and we would then only expect it to happen.

Just my two cents on the topic at-hand.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

darkflash

Thanks.. I was just thinking it'd be nice because I was really excited to attend the Halloween event, but then it never happened then Meiun said it won't be on TIME this year but it never even append just a rather disappointment 

Zario777

What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

darkflash

thats a totally different idea :I

Zario777

They are both about having Halloween sooner is it not?
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

darkflash

guess so to me that'd be overwhelming

Jmac

Think about it this way: You skip Christmas(Or Hannekuh, Kwanzaa, or whatever the $&@" you celebrate) day with your family to do something else (all your presents combust spontaneously) and so you miss out. Then you find out in next November that your family wont be having Christmas this year because your family got robbed (your alarm sucks). So the year after, you ask to have Christmas early because you missed out twice! Guess what? Ain't gonna happen!!

Moral: It's your fault if you were never active during Halloween, and last year, there was no Halloween event, and even though I would love a Ghost Lantern, Halloween is an exclusive event, you can't just get things early, patience is key, and if we're lucky, SO3 might even be out by the time Halloween rolls around.

Edit:Fail post is fail.